Headphone jack issue

Guest magicpork

Guest neologan
The quality of the electronics that feed the headphone jack must be very poor, or lack sufficient shielding or something, because I've had "hiss" on every single headphones I've tried, from Creatives, to Sennheishers, to high end Sonys etc.

REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTING.

Add that to the hopeless MP3 player and this just isn't a device you could realistically used to replace an iPod / other MP3 player.

This.

It's just a fact, the sound quality of the Blade is hardware related (truly cheap output) and that's the end of that. Do not expect it to rival a decent mp3 player, the quality is very bad with good headphones.

Edited by neologan

my volume is too loud for me when I am listening in bed at night etc LOL :P

Any help on how to make volume go lower?

You have to use a player with equalizer. There you can adjust a preamp to lower the volume (or to make it louder :D )

Try a player like "Power Amp" (free trial available) to look if it works for you.

Most music players enable the equalizer function only in their paid versions unfortunately.

I'm wondering why the most android players don't have a volume function itself, like "XiiaLive Lite" (streams music and internet radio) for example.

On my old Windows Mobile phone every player had this opportunity! That's a little bit annoying.

Guest whoop_whoop

I've just bought some AKG K450s for travel as I now have a media player in the form of the Blade and in anticipation of the low volume invested in a Fiio E5 headphone amplifier and it works a treat! Not ear-splitting but just right volume and it does make a noticeable difference. Headphones were half price on Amazon and the amp is £16. [HEADPHONE LINK] [AMP LINK]

I have tried three sets of headphones I have with mixed results:

JVC HA-FX34 "Marshmallows" £10 - sound thin but not distorted

JVC HA-FX66 "Air cushions" £15 - more bass (deep in-ear) but hear distortion/hissing - not nice

Klipsch Custom 1 £50 - sound very good and are loud enough for my needs.

Now, obviously a £50 pair of headphones like the Klipsch should sound better than the cheaper ones but I suspect a lot of the difference is also due to the impedence and sensitivity.

Most cheaper headphones are around 16 Ohm impedence and less sensitive - the Klipsch are 30 Ohm / 108dB sensitivity.

The Klipsch were noticeable louder for the same volume setting when used with my old iPhone 3G as well.

I guess the challenge is to find headphones of similar electrical properties but at a more realistic price point for a £100 phone..

Thanks

Gavin