1click app2sd now includes 1 click root

Guest joestone

Guest mrpeppers

Ok my phone is already rooted but now I want to install apps to my sd card, so Im tryin "1click app2sd" but the instructions for that app stop at how to prepare your sd card in windows the batch file included in that has many options and I have no way to know what one I'm suppose to pick and after that I have no way of knowing how to use it.

help would be appreciated here, thanks

Edited by mrpeppers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Slelnecker

App2sd Notes for Noobs

Here are some notes for noobs like me who are trying to install app2sd on a 2.1 GT540 using the instructions from either the:

"[FAQ]GT540 Reference Thread"

or

"1click app2sd now includes 1 click root".

These two are basically the same and the instructions and software for app2sd are the same.

I ran into the following noob issues:

- Partition Wizard is great! It will repartition the sd card without deleting any files. I'd still recommend backing up your card before using it just in case but if all goes well you won't need to restore your files.

- You MUST have the LG USB driver installed! This is such a basic requirement that none of the tutorials mention it. If autorootapp2sd.bat displays three messages saying "device not found" then freezes with a blank screen it means the LG USB driver is missing. The driver normally comes with LG PC Suite but I, for one, have yet to get LG PC Suite to install & run properly. I've downloaded many copies of it from a variety of sources (including "[Tutorial] Getting the GT540 working with LG Pc Suite") and never gotten it to work.

I don't really care about PC Suite but I needed the USB driver. I was able to download and install just the USB driver from a link at:

http://androidadvices.com/update-lg-optimus-gt-540-to-android-2-1-eclair/

With the USB drver installed autorootapp2sd.bat ran without a hitch.

-Autorootapp2sd.bat allows you to pick from four different app2sd installation types - which I've never seen discussed. I crossed my fingers and chose #4 - "Full app2sd." It seems to work! Maybe one of the nice people here could explain the differences?

-The easiest way to tell that app2sd is working is to check the available space in "Settings/SD card & phone storage" before and after installing something.

-My internal memory was pretty full before running app2sd and app2sd does not delete anything from the internal memory so it was just as full after running app2sd. I was able to install a bunch of apps and games without any trouble - except for any of the Angry Birds games. They all gave an "insufficient memory" error. They appear to check for available internal memory even with app2sd installed so you need to have sufficient internal memory free to install them even though app2sd will cause them to be installed on the SD card.

If you delete an app after installing app2sd it will just delete it from your sd card, not internal memory.

So how do you free up internal memory after installing app2sd? Simple:

--Turn off your phone

--Remove the SD card

--Turn on your phone - it will complain that the SD card is missing but ignore it.

--Uninstall some stuff

--Turn off the phone

--Put back in the SD card

--Turn it on

All your apps on the SD card will still be there - even if you uninstalled the copy that's in internal memory. Now you should have ample internal memory to install whatever you want - and it will never go down.

Thank you for making this so simple! I would have never figured it out on my own.

The only flaw of the GT540 was the lack of memory for apps and now that's fixed!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yatindestel

i absolutely have no idea what i have done. but whatever it is, i am happy :)

firstly noob alert!!!

i have the official update for 2.1, india installed.

i applied one click root. installed titanium, busybox, gscript.

also partitioned by 8 gb card to have one gb of ext2. tried two three different methods to install app2sd.

could get none of them to work successfully, individually.

but now, after having tried both gscript and one click app2sd way, somehow,

my internal memory as shown in titanium has gone up to 1.02 gb. thats the original meagre internal plus the ext2 space!!!

now, just to speed up my phone, how can i free a bit of ROM space? currently 26.6 mb of original 256 is free.

Please help me some one. I'm trying to install app2sd but it wont even recognise my device. When I try the option 8 (check app2sd) it says "error: device not found". I've got my phone rooted with z4root. Unknown sources and USB debugging mode is ON, and mass storage OFF. I really have no idea what is wrong.

Thanx, uz

Guest yatindestel

Please help me some one. I'm trying to install app2sd but it wont even recognise my device. When I try the option 8 (check app2sd) it says "error: device not found". I've got my phone rooted with z4root. Unknown sources and USB debugging mode is ON, and mass storage OFF. I really have no idea what is wrong.

Thanx, uz

one of the many things that worked for me - remove sd card and connect phone topc. that installs a few drivers...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest aqibmpatel

Aftr running bat file....i choose option all app 2 sd options simultaneously...but nothing happening ....only it is showing empty black window....

Pllllease......help !!!!

i'm new to android....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Jim Cage

I also face the same problems actually the App2Sd app is snot Recognizing my device. However recently i gone through the website related to Android and the i have found that if we upgrade or root our android device to newer OS then we can easily use app2sd easily. Can anybody helps me to ensure that this information correct. i mentioned the website link in the below of this comment. I also wants to know that whether Rooting is easy or not....anybody please......waiting for your reply.........!!!!

http://androidupdater.net/