[ROM's] Sense port's

Guest vache

First of all, thx to phh who provide an incredible kernel, and let us play with other rom.

Here are some ports base on different HTC Sense (Froyo) ROM/Terminal.

Keep in mind that ROMs are in alpha stage, and you may encounter some bugs.

For a better experience :

1. Activate swap (launch the "swap" script in GScript)
    -- (On/Off script by android76 - Use the Off script before mount SD to computer)
  2. Overclock the CPU (Use SetCPU, 883 or 921 are good choice for stability)
  3. All homescreen are empty for better perf and let you choose what to add.
  4. You can use alternative launcher like LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher (not provided in the rom)

Update : New boot.img, new optimized kernel and some optimisations added in the ramdisk. Should provide better performance. Maybe fixe the Liquid E boot. Work for both 3 ROM's.

Grab the update here (v2, fixed 3D)

499146HTC-Desire-HD-Deals.png

Desire HD - Last version of Sense, the slower one, but the most complet and the most beautiful

Not working : LEDs, Bluetooth

Note : Use dalvik2sd or data2sd only - The notification message for SDCard may have "false" text - There is only 40Mo of space left in /data

Download link

187235Capture.PNG

MyTouch 4G - Old Sense with touch of the new one, this one is smoother.

Not working : Bluetooth

Note : Use dalvik2sd or data2sd only - There is only 50Mo of space left in /data - You have to create your APN in settings for data connection.

Download link

687623htc-desire-press2-550x449.png

Desire - Old version of Sense, the smoother one, runs great.

Not working : Bluetooth

Note : you can use app2sd

Error when activating wifi ? try this fix by android76 : Link to the post

Download link

Please, give feedbacks for further developement.

Edited by vache

My feedback (actually it's not really a feedback) : I'm not interested in the MyTouch 4G version and I won't use any ROMs until LEDs aren't fixed. LEDs are very important to me.

Great work for these ports anyway, I hope you'll have time to fix the remaining bugs.

Guest Dario93
My feedback (actually it's not really a feedback) : I'm not interested in the MyTouch 4G version and I won't use any ROMs until LEDs aren't fixed. LEDs are very important to me.

Great work for these ports anyway, I hope you'll have time to fix the remaining bugs.

Then you can wait for years XD LEDs issue can't be fixed (if i don't get wrong) ATM because HTC devices don't have them...

Are the camera and previews working in these versions?

How is the speed compared to latest froyo / lcr?

Camera is working, with green preview. Camcorder is KO.

You can't compare speed between stock ROM from Acer and a Sense port, it's slower. Dut the Desire version is nice.

Guest Dario93
Vache, can you explain to the community how did you fix the data? I can't get it to work...I surely replaced the wrong files...

Oh this would a very nice gift! :P Same problem here!

Edited by Dario93

Guest simoneser

Trying all ports:

Desire HD is veery slow, MT4G is very very good (LEDs working) and fast but unfortunately there is only English language and it says that it has to format my SD.

Going to test Desire :P

Great work Vache :D

Edited by simoneser

Guest Andrea1Liquid

We are a lot thankfull to you and I understand you felt used, but we thanked you lot of times and we included you in the credits. You gave me an tip that could be more detailed, but I tought: " He can't give to all work already done ", so I tried and I failed and I asked to the person that knows the most about Sense Roms. You (my ideal mentor on ROM porting) didn't reply without any explanation and now you say: stop, I gave you enough. You have right to say that, but I think this isn't correct...It isn't correct to become a like a mentor and then, go away without a right explanation. Maybe you felt used like a slave because of the continous questions, but that's not using a person, it's just curiosity...Is this a revenge? A revenge for what? Explain you because if you act in this way you look like a baby and I HAVE faith that you're not a baby...

Guest Piter1225

Tested MT4G ROM for a while, quite good even with Sense launcher (with ADW/LPro it would be better 4 sure). Shame that English is the only lang available.

Overall ROM is quite responsive and fast, maybe it could be even used day-to-day.

We are a lot thankfull to you and I understand you felt used, but we thanked you lot of times and we included you in the credits. You gave me an tip that could be more detailed, but I tought: " He can't give to all work already done ", so I tried and I failed and I asked to the person that knows the most about Sense Roms. You (my ideal mentor on ROM porting) didn't reply without any explanation and now you say: stop, I gave you enough. You have right to say that, but I think this isn't correct...It isn't correct to become a like a mentor and then, go away without a right explanation. Maybe you felt used like a slave because of the continous questions, but that's not using a person, it's just curiosity...Is this a revenge? A revenge for what? Explain you because if you act in this way you look like a baby and I HAVE faith that you're not a baby...

Please, not again !

Stay fair.

Pissing me off won't change anything.

Think what you want about me, I have nothing to do.

You can make me go for what you want, it will not change anything.

Please, leave this topic quiet and clean.

Guest akira.pwr

I have Desire HD running now, it's not so slow and it's beautiful, why you don't put your "donate " link?

After a nandroid I'll retry the MT 4G rom, this morning I had no phone services.

EDIT: OMG! What I've done.... Trying to do a nandroid of my working HD rom, nandroid is failed and I've done a cache wipe because I knew it solve that problem, but after reboot, I have no services even in HD rom... :P

Edited by akira.pwr

I have Desire HD running now, it's not so slow and it's beautiful, why you don't put your "donate " link?

After a nandroid I'll retry the MT 4G rom, this morning I had no phone services.

Maybe because i don't do that for money ? ...

The community was already generous with me when i need it, it's enought for me :P

Edited by vache

Guest simoneser

Tried all rom:

for me it seems that MT4G is the faster of the group, it's very stable and it has LED working. I'll try to use it for daily use, even if it's in English.

Desire one seems a little bit slow.

Love the volume so loud!

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Please, not again !

Stay fair.

Pissing me off won't change anything.

Think what you want about me, I have nothing to do.

You can make me go for what you want, it will not change anything.

Please, leave this topic quiet and clean.

This will be my last "flame" post in this topic. I didn't piss you off. I asked for an explanation that you didn't give to me: that's it. I don't have the power to command you and I don't want to. I repeat, I asked for help many times, but it was what it was: a request for help (sounds familiar, eh?). No ordering, no commanding, no insulting, no kicking, no offense... you un-expectedly cutted the contacts without an explanation, without something like: "F**k off, you did XXX to me, I'll never be your friend again". Nothing... That's not the way to cut a friendship... that's petty. Give me an explanation, instead of this non-sense (:P) phrases and I'll shut up for ever. I repeat, this has NO sense, you act like fool, give me a REASON. I can't understand it...

Guest Piter1225
EDIT: OMG! What I've done.... Trying to do a nandroid of my working HD rom, nandroid is failed and I've done a cache wipe because I knew it solve that problem, but after reboot, I have no services even in HD rom... :P

You need to reflash the ROM now, some radio-related files are being stored in /cache

Guest akira.pwr
Maybe because i don't do that for money ? ...

The community was already generous with me when i need it, it's enought for me :P

Yes, I understand and I never though you have done anything for money, but, can I offer afriendly beer? I've used and appreciated many works made by you, a beer is a sign of respect and grateful and for bother you so many times, as you know :D

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest android76

MyTouch4G ROM : SD Mount work for me, data too, launcher is very fast :P

And I have a question : On what rom your ports are based ? Stock system or custom rom like RCMixHD or Evil NX ?

Guest akira.pwr
You need to reflash the ROM now, some radio-related files are being stored in /cache

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! I've worked a lot for make it a bit smoother..