OMNIA 7 or MOZART

Guest StickyGeko

Guest StickyGeko

orange let me upgrade 12mth deal 900 mins unlimited txt and net 40 a mth free phone 500mb of net(is that enuf? i mainly use net via wifi at work and home.... what fone to choose??? hmmmm any1 with any experience... views... Paul can you help lol

i do like to take pics, but is the difference between the 2 cameras that great? i know omnia has smile detection etc too

orange let me upgrade 12mth deal 900 mins unlimited txt and net 40 a mth free phone 500mb of net(is that enuf? i mainly use net via wifi at work and home.... what fone to choose??? hmmmm any1 with any experience... views... Paul can you help lol

i do like to take pics, but is the difference between the 2 cameras that great? i know omnia has smile detection etc too

I went for HTC for following reasons:

It was cheaper (for me)

Being 'pocketable' was important, and the Mozart is slightly smaller

I've had positive experiences with HTC phones in the past

I know the Omnia has the better quality screen, but I have to say I'm really impressed with the screen on the Mozart (very iPhone like)

And finally, the Mozart was out first, so it wasn't really a choice for me.....

I've not seen / touched the Omina, so I can't really offer much of a comparison......

Hope that helps

Guest hbos125

I had a chance to play around with the HD7, mozart and omnia 7 and I went for the Omnia 7.

I felt that the HD7 was a bit too wide while the omnia 7 is big enough while still feeling right. mozart is a bit smaller but once you've played with the HD7 and omnia 7, the screen feels way too small.

HTC phones are very well made and mozart feels awesome..but the Omnia 7 actually feels really solid too.

S-AMOLED on the omnia 7 is superb! The internet really doesn't do the S-AMOLED any justice.. pictures/videos won't be able to capture what you'll see in person.

I'd say in terms of

build quality 1. Mozart, 2. Omnia, 3. HD7

screen size 1 Omnia, 2 HD7 3 Mozart

screen quality 1. Omnia 2 Mozart 3 HD7

Phone size 1. Omnia, 2 Mozart, 3 HD7

But one thing you'll get with HTC that you won't get as much on Samsung is community support and Mods. samsung phone modders will generally lag behind the HTC modders.

Guest StickyGeko

went to thee orange shop today, only had dummy plastic models on display, but the guy behind the counter had an omnia, he loves it, was creamin himself lol, i love the screen its proper lush... 1 thing i wasnt to sure about was the plastic on the back, a kind of purple..ish tint to it, found it a bit odd, ive yet to see a working mozart

Guest animalz
I had a chance to play around with the HD7, mozart and omnia 7 and I went for the Omnia 7.

I felt that the HD7 was a bit too wide while the omnia 7 is big enough while still feeling right. mozart is a bit smaller but once you've played with the HD7 and omnia 7, the screen feels way too small.

HTC phones are very well made and mozart feels awesome..but the Omnia 7 actually feels really solid too.

S-AMOLED on the omnia 7 is superb! The internet really doesn't do the S-AMOLED any justice.. pictures/videos won't be able to capture what you'll see in person.

I'd say in terms of

build quality 1. Mozart, 2. Omnia, 3. HD7

screen size 1 Omnia, 2 HD7 3 Mozart

screen quality 1. Omnia 2 Mozart 3 HD7

Phone size 1. Omnia, 2 Mozart, 3 HD7

But one thing you'll get with HTC that you won't get as much on Samsung is community support and Mods. samsung phone modders will generally lag behind the HTC modders.

Why is it that it seems every Omnia 7 owners regard the HD7 as the worst? I'm not sure what HD7 you held, but having brought 5 HD7's for other people, EVERY single one has had superb build quality. What is funny is the fact that T-mobile still do NOT have any Omnia 7's due to QC issues with their first deliveries, one set being the packaging of the phones, the other a hardware fault.

The statement is a farce it really is.

Then again, you're hardly going to slate the handset you chose I suppose...

Guest hbos125
Why is it that it seems every Omnia 7 owners regard the HD7 as the worst? I'm not sure what HD7 you held, but having brought 5 HD7's for other people, EVERY single one has had superb build quality. What is funny is the fact that T-mobile still do NOT have any Omnia 7's due to QC issues with their first deliveries, one set being the packaging of the phones, the other a hardware fault.

The statement is a farce it really is.

Then again, you're hardly going to slate the handset you chose I suppose...

HAHA chill out dude!

What I've stated is a personal preference..

I feel that HD7 is slightly too large for me..some people feel that it is just within the acceptable upper boundaries of size..I just feel that Omnia 7 is as large as I would want it on a phone I'd carry everywhere.

Also HTC's always have excellent build quality which I already stated. However I feel that the omnia 7 feels a little bit better than the HD7..perhaps due to the slightly more compact size.

In addition, have you ever wondered that possibly people who go for the Omnia 7 go for it mostly for the screen? If the screen is the deciding factor then obviously the HD7 comes last - Mozart has the same resolution in a smaller SLCD -> higher pixel density -> better looking screen than the HD7.

In any case I don't see why you have such a big problem with people expressing their opinions.

Edited by hbos125

Guest animalz
HAHA chill out dude!

What I've stated is a personal preference..

I feel that HD7 is slightly too large for me..some people feel that it is just within the acceptable upper boundaries of size..I just feel that Omnia 7 is as large as I would want it on a phone I'd carry everywhere.

Also HTC's always have excellent build quality which I already stated. However I feel that the omnia 7 feels a little bit better than the HD7..perhaps due to the slightly more compact size.

In addition, have you ever wondered that possibly people who go for the Omnia 7 go for it mostly for the screen? If the screen is the deciding factor then obviously the HD7 comes last - Mozart has the same resolution in a smaller SLCD -> higher pixel density -> better looking screen than the HD7.

In any case I don't see why you have such a big problem with people expressing their opinions.

Hi, I don't have a problem with what you're saying with the other things to an extent. It's swings and roundabouts really, but the build quality statement was what got me, as it's simply cobblers.

As far as the HD7 screen goes, I agree that it's not the best. It's the same panel in the Desire HD IIRC, so it isn't as bad as it's being made out to be. On auto brightness, it's not great but put the brightness on high and the screen is crisp and clean, with natural looking colours. You're never going to get a perfect black on a TFT, that's life.

The Samsung has a nice look, because it has true blacks but oversaturate normal colours. Read any black text on a white background, and it will chew up your battery. Where as the TFT is the oppisite and doesn't like blacks. If you're a heavy user of the email and web, both with majority white backgrounds, the Samsung will eat battery.

+ the 8GB limited capacity, or which something like 6.81GB is actually usable by the user, and the phone is at a massive disadvantage to the likes of the HD7. If we were comparing the German Omnia 16GB, then the Omnia for sure starts to seem like a much more tempting value.

^^^ - Those are more realistic comparisons. As I say, the thing that got me was the build quality statement which simply is NOT true. Especially when it is being compared to a Samsung Device, who notoriously do NOT have the best build quality in the game.

Going back to my original point, each phone has it's benefits and disadvantages, so it's down to preference and your personal requirements in the end.

Guest hbos125
^^^ - Those are more realistic comparisons. As I say, the thing that got me was the build quality statement which simply is NOT true. Especially when it is being compared to a Samsung Device, who notoriously do NOT have the best build quality in the game.

Going back to my original point, each phone has it's benefits and disadvantages, so it's down to preference and your personal requirements in the end.

I think if you look back I said

"HTC phones are very well made and mozart feels awesome..but the Omnia 7 actually feels really solid too."

But if you've held an Omnia 7, then you'd perhaps be better placed to comment. Samsung devices tend to be plastic-ky but the Omnia 7 kinda bucks the trend.

I tried to simply the basic things people will look at initially as I am not placed to fully review any of those handsets and dare I say neither are you.

I will echo what you said though: it is down to personal preference and how you value certain criteria over others.

I'm still waiting for my delivery to come today and I hope I don't regret it.

Edited by hbos125