How to get bluetooth voice commands working?

Guest acergreg

Guest acergreg

I've posted this question in a few other sites but have yet to see a response. Can someone help?

I've installed LCR-F 1.0 over the latest froyo leak. I can't seem to initiate voice commands via the bluetooth action button. I can short press the button to pause/resume music playback but long press seems to redial the last number dialled. Nothing gives me a prompt to say a command.

I am just using a cheapie no-name bluetooth stereo headset that does not come with much of a manual. Basically, only the main button does anything with the phone function. Would a better headset work? Does anyone have a list of headsets known to work 100% with the Acer Liquid E and froyo?

I noticed there is no Bluetooth Voice Dialer app on the phone. Is that a problem or is it something else? I've also tried Vlingo and Choice Dialer+ but there doesn't seem to be anything reasonable that lets me dial without grabbing my phone, which I can't do while driving. I guess Vlingo does have an 'InCar' option but that is not quite what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help!

I guess no one is using bluetooth on the Liquid then. Disappointing. :)

I was used to voice commands over standard & bluetooth mic on some phones I had but it´s hard to find that function on newer phones. I didn´t had it neither on my S60v5 phones nor on Liquid.

I wish someone could orientate us on that matter. Preferably an app that allows us to save our own voice for an X command and person millions don´t pronunciate well enough for the phone to recognize...

voice commands is a google voice commands.

i think bluetooth voice commands can not use in this mode.

because google voice commands just use to phone call or with line headphone. :)

Guest acergreg
voice commands is a google voice commands.

i think bluetooth voice commands can not use in this mode.

because google voice commands just use to phone call or with line headphone. :)

I've definitely read about bluetooth voice commands working on other android phones. Either something is missing from the Acer's hardware, this ROM's contents or I've failed to load an app or setting. I'm surprised no on is able to give me a definitive comment applicable to this phone.

I've definitely read about bluetooth voice commands working on other android phones. Either something is missing from the Acer's hardware, this ROM's contents or I've failed to load an app or setting. I'm surprised no on is able to give me a definitive comment applicable to this phone.

Looks like a general froyo issue

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1412

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1181

Guest acergreg

Thanks for the response. I've noted this before but if you look at the last post in each of those threads, the guy says he got it working. If you look on a number of Nexus forums, you'll see lots of people happy with how well it is working.

I'm wondering if this feature is disabled in the leaked ROM? I've read that the bluetooth voice commands are only for North America. I also recall seeing something about EMEA in the ROM description. EMEA, I think, stands for Europe, Middle East and Africa. Could that explain why the feature does not seem to work with the leaked froyo? Is there a North American version of this ROM?