Returning Omnia 7! It has problems!

Guest Spinstorm

Guest Spinstorm

I am lucky that I have had the chance to play with and have the HD7 and Omnia 7 for a few days each and if I am honest I prefered the HD7.

As a result I am going to return my Omnia 7 and get a Desire HD...

On the 21st I upgraded my O2 contract. I loved the feel and responsiveness and build quality of the HD7 but I could see the screen had issues.

Colours were washed out and the screen had dead pixels. I loved the build quality but just didn't feel the screen and rubbish contract were worth

hanging on to.

So off to 3 I went - got my PAC code and got an Omnia 7. I have had the phone for a week now and honestly it has problems.

The screen is amazing - and I love WP7 but the phone just feels cheap to me. The home button is not always responsive and it feels like it is a drop

away from being destroyed. It just doesn't feel like it is worth £550 (the price on the contract reciept).

I would actually happily go back to the HD7 now because despite the screen being a let down everything else is very nice about the phone and just works.

Unfortunately I have now left O2 so that isn't an option.

So I have decided to go and get a Desire HD as I know that feels like it is worth the 2 year contract and I will wait a couple of weeks and I plan on

buying a Dell Venue Pro or failing that the HD7 on payg as I do have another O2 contract.

Let me be clear - I love windows phone 7. It is very good and smooth and looks amazing but I am not happy with the phone I have and the fact is I

can buy a SIM free model shortly in the next couple of weeks and then if worse comes to worse sell the Desire HD which I know has lots of value.

Maybe I am just difficult BUT I believe that the phone should feel quality and work exactly as it is meant to and the Omnia 7 doesn't feel or work as it should.

Guest hbos125

Surprised to hear you don't like the feel of the Omnia 7!! I've just come from OMnia II and the HTC desire...I'd say it is miles better than Omnia II and while the Desire feels better, the Omnia 7 feels pretty good too!

I heard in one review that it was very slippery, which I thought was a bit of a random comment, until I started using it and I have to say it is quite slippery..perhaps that is one of the factors making you feel that it's a bit fragile

The Home button could be a bit better but I haven't had any problems with the responsiveness at all!

It may actually just be the WP7 OS...I've noticed there are some bugs here and there.

BUt I might join you in the jump to Android but for a different reason.

WP7 looks awesome and is the best looking OS especially for SAMOLED screens..and I love the feel of it

But it is very limited at the moment and it will be at least a few months before anyone manages to make it more useful!

Guest buttonsandzips

We have been trying to get hold of an Omnia 7 from T-Mobile for our developers but we were told by our account manager at T-Mobile that they have pulled the Omnia 7 for the time being due to software issues.

Guest maclondon
We have been trying to get hold of an Omnia 7 from T-Mobile for our developers but we were told by our account manager at T-Mobile that they have pulled the Omnia 7 for the time being due to software issues.

bugger im waiting for one at the moment too. been away for a week was expecting it to be here when i got home.

WP7 problems

or tmobile customisation issues

hate operator customisations holding up firmware

Guest thelondonthing

Indeed - I had to wait an extra day for my Omnia 7, but I got a call yesterday morning, and I've been told it's being delivered later today.

Guest buttonsandzips
Indeed - I had to wait an extra day for my Omnia 7, but I got a call yesterday morning, and I've been told it's being delivered later today.

Yes I think they have got them back in stock now but that was the reason they were delayed/unavailable apparantly. I would assume T-Mobile customisation was the issue!

Guest thelondonthing

Actually, I can't see ANY customisation from T-Mobile at all! Vodafone have the red tiles and the 360 apps, Orange has the orange tiles and their cluster of branded apps... but it seems like T-Mo has left it all untouched.

There are a couple of Samsung customisations like the Now tile, and a Samsung section on the Marketplace, but as far as carrier branding and interference goes, I've got to give big credit to T-Mo - they didn't even make the tiles pink!

Guest awarner

You always hear gossip such as this but most of the time there is no fact and truth behind it.

Normally it is poorly traind staff and the networks are renown for it.

Guest hpsauce37

got my omnia 7 from t-mobile and definatley no branding on the phone. The only things is a t-mobile is printed on the battery cover but thats it. It was locked to t-mobile however but not any longer :)

Guest maclondon
got my omnia 7 from t-mobile and definatley no branding on the phone. The only things is a t-mobile is printed on the battery cover but thats it. It was locked to t-mobile however but not any longer :)

hmmm i ordered mine on the 12th i think

still waiting :)

Guest maclondon
hmmm i ordered mine on the 12th i think

still waiting :)

scratch that i ordered it on 22nd - but still thats over two weeks now.

tab and nexus 2 are now on my agenda :)

Guest Loconinja

My T-Mobile UK Omnia 7 has a T-Mobile splash screen when starting up, but that's it. Ironically, if you go into Applications->Samsung Zone you can install the 3 Hub for Hutchison 3G!

Guest Erwan960

I try a JJ6 T-Mobile branded ROM on a JJ4 Orange ROM.

=> T-Mobile splash screen

=> Mediacenter, TopApps, Navigon select, MobileTV added on METRO

=> 7GB available

Version du SE : 7.0.7004.0

Numéro de version du microprogramme : 2424.10.10.4

Numéro de version du matériel : 3.15.0.4

Version du logiciel de radio : 2424.10.10.3

Version du matériel de radio : 0.0.0.800

Version du chargeur de démarrage : 4.10.1.2

Version du SOC : 0.36.2.0

Guest thelondonthing

I stand corrected by Loconinja - there is indeed a T-Mobile splash screen. It appears between the Samsung Omnia 7 screen and the Windows Phone logo splash - but the whole boot-up sequence is remarkably quick, especially compared with my old HD2.

Guest smoothcrooner

All of a sudden, I've been having accelerometer issues on my Omnia 7, the screen is no longer auto-rotating.

Anyone wanting to explore the diagnostics screens should be very wary. I'm now having major accelerometer issues on my Omnia 7. Contents are now being displayed in landscape mode and it is not auto rotating to potrait mode even when you turn the phone over.......anyone else having these issues?

All of a sudden, I've been having accelerometer issues on my Omnia 7, the screen is no longer auto-rotating.

Anyone wanting to explore the diagnostics screens should be very wary. I'm now having major accelerometer issues on my Omnia 7. Contents are now being displayed in landscape mode and it is not auto rotating to potrait mode even when you turn the phone over.......anyone else having these issues?

Try a factory reset, or *2767*3855#

WARNING: EVERY DATA WILL BE GONE! BACKUP FIRST!

• 1 month later...
Guest guiguites

sorry, no speak english :D

Soluce Accelerometre RECALIBRATE

(worked for me)

tape code diagnosis *#0*# for the LCD test

- tape accelerometer

- place the phone on the flat surface ( normal flowers - down )

- tape "CAL" (CALIBRATE)

- True Value ok

good luck