Voice activation, have you tried it yet?

Guest awarner

Guest awarner

Been playing with the voice activation (press and hold the Home key to activate) seems to work well.

The auto search feature of saying "Find" to acticate Bing does not seem to wrok but certainly saves having to use the app list to scroll for the app I want to use.

The auto search feature of saying "Find" to acticate Bing does not seem to wrok but certainly saves having to use the app list to scroll for the app I want to use.

Yep, just tried 'Find' on mine, and it didn't recognise it.

Voice dialling and app opening works well - although I miss the 'Play Music' option that used to be in the older Microsoft Voice Command software (it would then ask you 'Artist, Album, Genre' and then when you picked one of those, it started listing the Artists (or Albums etc).

Guest VulakAerr
Yep, just tried 'Find' on mine, and it didn't recognise it.

Voice dialling and app opening works well - although I miss the 'Play Music' option that used to be in the older Microsoft Voice Command software (it would then ask you 'Artist, Album, Genre' and then when you picked one of those, it started listing the Artists (or Albums etc).

Voice activation for Bing search is US-only atm, I believe. Not sure if there are plans for expansion.

Guest awarner

Ahh ok thanks for the update, hope it is expanded to include other languages. Obviously the issue of understanding different dialects is the sticking point especially in the UK lol.