[FAQ]GT540 Reference Thread !

Guest ilovelg

Guest magiting

Sorry for this stupid question. Is this update will work even if your moving from country to country? Will it work if I insert sim card of different carrier from which ever country?

Guest gstar101
Sorry for this stupid question. Is this update will work even if your moving from country to country? Will it work if I insert sim card of different carrier from which ever country?

Once you are using an OPEN version of the rom SIM's shouldn't be an issue. Though a couple people have problems with 3G networks, so you can read up a few of those threads to get a better Idea of which rom would be better suited to your needs.

Guest ilovelg
Wich ROM do I have to use to get Android 2.1 on my GT540 with the Dutch language in it? TIA

I think Open Europe ROM have it.

Wich ROM do I have to use to get Android 2.1 on my GT540 with the Dutch language in it? TIA

IF you dont know what to do with rooted phone, trust me, you dont need or want to root it. :rolleyes:

Edited by ilovelg

Guest magiting

Just finish updating my gt540, looks good. thanks for all of your post.

I'm here in Dubai but i used the Baltic ROM. I think I will enjoy more using this phone.

Guest ScottyBoy76

Applied the CPW 2.1 ROM to my handset using the instructions in this guide - worked a treat! :rolleyes:

Thanks OP for putting this altogether for folks to refer to.

Guest magiting

I have just installed app2sd and it work fine. but I have a 16GB sd card, is it possible to allocate 1GB for the app2sd? Have anyone of you already tried that?

I think Open Europe ROM have it.

IF you dont know what to do with rooted phone, trust me, you dont need or want to root it. :rolleyes:

Great reference thread. Installed the Greece rom, this one has Dutch in it. Android 2.1 works great on my GT540. And trust me, I know what to do with a rooted device.

Guest desmail
hello, I am italian and i'm new member of the forum and the GT540 is my first smartphone.i've tried these steps for upgrade to the baltic but it takes me back to upgrade error: WParam100 Lparam: 502. I have tried several times but always the same. I installed the Android SDK and adb read the phone while PCsync LG does not recognize it. Please help me

hei my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILOVELG help me! S.O.S.

Edited by desmail

Guest Raphus_

I would just like to say thanks to the creator of this thread

I thought i had totally bricked my phone i got this error

19:00:02 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

19:00:11 : 3GQCT : wParam = 4, lParam = 0

19:00:11 : Step Complete : DLOAD Change

19:00:51 : 3GQCT : wParam = 3, lParam = 0

19:00:51 : Step Complete : C Drive Erase

19:01:34 : 3GQCT : wParam = 100, lParam = 6

19:01:34 : Step : Upgrade Error error code = 6

19:01:34 : ResetStartInfo() Call

19:01:34 : _DetachDLL Call

19:01:34 : _DetachDLL Call End

19:01:34 : FreeLibrary Call

19:01:34 : FreeLibrary Call End

19:01:34 : ResetStartInfo() Call End

19:01:34 : ===FINISHED===

And it just wouldn't get past the LG logo, i attempted the emergency solution but my pc would not keep hold of my phone for the update, i figured out that it connects the LG modem again even tho it is disabled, so once you plug it in you have to disconnect the LG modem straight away after the usb is connected before it boots it off again. After that it proceeded with the update to 2.1

Happily playing with 2.1 thanks :rolleyes:

Guest ilovelg
hei my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILOVELG help me! S.O.S.

Did you installed your android drivers(LG PC Suite) When Phone was plugged into computer ?

Guest ilovelg
Has any one done a video of the update process to 2.1

Why would u need one ? Its explained noob-friendly way. It so easy to flash the phone.

Anyway here u go:

Edited by ilovelg

Guest Piercer

SOS Guys

I try to upgrade like you say above my GT540 but it is stucked with the screen say DOWNLOAD MODE.

I disable the modem from the device manager but now the software updater says PHONE NOT FOUND.

What to do ?

PLEASE quick reply.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Piercer
SOS Guys

I try to upgrade like you say above my GT540 but it is stucked with the screen say DOWNLOAD MODE.

I disable the modem from the device manager but now the software updater says PHONE NOT FOUND.

What to do ?

PLEASE quick reply.

Thanks in advance.

Ifixed the problem from before with just removing the battery, so i did the procedure again and....

Different problem now:

On the software updater last step is: Drive C Erase and the updater stop working and closes.

What to do with that?

Guest Piercer
Ifixed the problem from before with just removing the battery, so i did the procedure again and....

Different problem now:

On the software updater last step is: Drive C Erase and the updater stop working and closes.

What to do with that?

Added problem :

the phone do not start, it keep flashing the LG logo and closes

Guest Piercer
Added problem :

the phone do not start, it keep flashing the LG logo and closes

After some reading i put the phone manually to download mode (Power & Volume down button).

I disable the LG Modem right after i conect with Pc.

i did again the procedure (it took about 30minutes to finish) and everything went fine until the end, then it gave me:

UPGRADE ERROR

WParam :100

LParam : 6

What does it mean? Is my phone ok?

Thank you in advance guys and sorry for the trouble.

Guest Piercer
After some reading i put the phone manually to download mode (Power & Volume down button).

I disable the LG Modem right after i conect with Pc.

i did again the procedure (it took about 30minutes to finish) and everything went fine until the end, then it gave me:

UPGRADE ERROR

WParam :100

LParam : 6

What does it mean? Is my phone ok?

Thank you in advance guys and sorry for the trouble.

Yes it's me again.

My phone is not ok.

Yes it have 2.1 but it doesn;t have a phone dialer and it keeps pomping windows like : Sorry the process com.Android.one has stop unexpectedly. Please try again, and then Force to close

so i will try to download the thing again.

Guest ilovelg

Do you know that you can edit your posts, right ? You dont have to post a new response every couple of minutes to report something, just edit your post. Anyway if you are capable going into phone settings, Try to do Reset Phone to Factory Defoults. If not, try to reflash it. IF you got so many trouble doing it, im pretty much sure u didnt readed or fallowed everything.

Guest Piercer
Do you know that you can edit your posts, right ? You dont have to post a new response every couple of minutes to report something, just edit your post. Anyway if you are capable going into phone settings, Try to do Reset Phone to Factory Defoults. If not, try to reflash it. IF you got so many trouble doing it, im pretty much sure u didnt readed or fallowed everything.

Well not everybody knows everything like you propably and this is why i didn't EDIT like you said.

on the other hand if you can not help then don't post reply, leave somebody who can help do it.

Guest ilovelg
Well not everybody knows everything like you propably and this is why i didn't EDIT like you said.

on the other hand if you can not help then don't post reply, leave somebody who can help do it.

Like i said many times, we dont owe you guys anything. If you need help, be patient... If by advice you get rage attack, I really dont want to get into this, good luck. And if my post sounded like an insult, im sorry for this.

This started to happen a lot lately, you help people, they get angry.

Edited by ilovelg

Guest thugimmortal
Why would u need one ? Its explained noob-friendly way. It so easy to flash the phone.

Anyway here u go:

Thanks for the video link

Just one question if its that easy how come so many people brick the phone lol and what is a noob

Is there any other setting on the phone apart from usb debug and mass storage that can mess the update up. And do you leave the phone on or turn it off thanks again dont worry im not gonna have a rage attack lol

Guest ilovelg

1. Leave the phone on.

2. Plug it into back usb ports of pc.

3. Start the update process.

4. Leave the pc and phone alone for 6mins.

5. Go to toilet.

6. ???

7. Profit.

Anyhow, this was explained thausand times :rolleyes: get some self confidece, some cohonnes and do it ! :huh:

Noob = newbie ( rookie )

p.s. i hate that modaco dont have tapatalk support, using this site via phone is headache.

Edited by ilovelg

Guest Piercer
Like i said many times, we dont owe you guys anything. If you need help, be patient... If by advice you get rage attack, I really dont want to get into this, good luck. And if my post sounded like an insult, im sorry for this.

This started to happen a lot lately, you help people, they get angry.

Hello again,

I have to say i'm sorry if my message seemed like an attack to you.

It's just there are ppl like me that they are not experts and we try to follow the instructions anybody give but sometimes not everything goes as planned. So since you do want to help be a bit patient with us (stupid in these kind of things).

Finally I have to thank you becouse reseting my factory settings like you said fixed the problem and now my phone works great.