[FAQ]GT540 Reference Thread !

Guest ilovelg

Guest ilovelg
Hello again,

I have to say i'm sorry if my message seemed like an attack to you.

It's just there are ppl like me that they are not experts and we try to follow the instructions anybody give but sometimes not everything goes as planned. So since you do want to help be a bit patient with us (stupid in these kind of things).

Finally I have to thank you becouse reseting my factory settings like you said fixed the problem and now my phone works great.

Glad to hear that.

Guest thugimmortal
1. Leave the phone on.

2. Plug it into back usb ports of pc.

3. Start the update process.

4. Leave the pc and phone alone for 6mins.

5. Go to toilet.

6. ???

7. Profit.

Anyhow, this was explained thausand times :rolleyes: get some self confidece, some cohonnes and do it ! :huh:

Noob = newbie ( rookie )

p.s. i hate that modaco dont have tapatalk support, using this site via phone is headache.

Thanks for your help ive grown some cohonnes and upgraded to the baltic 2.1 i dont know why so many people mess this up you only press 2 buttons lol .

PLEASE PIN THIS, THANKS.

LEGEND:

• How to update from 1.6 to 2.1 ?
  • How to root my 2.1 device ?
    • How to unroot my 2.1 device ?

• How to insall Apps2SD ?
    • OMG my phone is bricked (dosnt turn on or is stuck on LG screen)! What to do ?!

Credits to mixlis for links.
      • Download KDZ Updater English
      • Download 2.1 ROM. All the ROMS are available in THIS THREAD (I Recommend using Baltic ROM)
      • Download LG Android Drivers NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE LG PC SUITE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER YOU CAN SKIP THIS PART.
      • Make sure USB DEBUGGING is turned on in the phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development and turn on USB debugging mode.
      • Make sure MASS STORAGE mode is turned off. Go to Settings > SD card & phone storage and turn off Mass storage only.
      • Make sure your phone battery is full.
      • Make sure you have backed up your contacts. (optional)
      • Connect your phone with USB cable, make sure other side of the cable is pluged into back of the computer. (Some users reported that they were unable to flash theire roms into phone just becouse they used front usb ports).
      • Start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
        • Make sure Type is set to: 3GQCT
        • Make sure PhoneMode is set to: DIAG

• Load your KDZ(ROM) file.
        • Click Launch Software Update.
        • Now Wait and be patient, it usually takes from 5-10 minutes to upgrade.
        • Enjoy your fresh 2.1 OS.

Credits to joestone for the links.
          • Download 1click root for GT540
          • Excract zip file
          • Make sure USB DEBUGGING is turned on in the phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development and turn on USB debugging mode.
          • Make sure MASS STORAGE mode is turned off. Go to Settings > SD card & phone storage and turn off Mass storage only.
          • Launch root.bat from extracted folder.
          • Now wait and be patient, it should take ~1minute to root your device.
          • The phone should restard after it, when it boots up you will have sucesfully rooted your device.
            • If you dont wish to have root rights on your phone you can unroot it by launching unroot.bat from extracted folder.

3. How to Install Apps2SD to my 2.1 device ?

Credits to joestone for the links and the guide.

[*]Download autorootapp2sd.zip

[*]Download App2sd_guide_GT540.pdf

[*]Read App2sd_guide_GT540.pdf for further instructions. Guide have pictures in it.

4. OMG my phone is bricked (dosnt turn on or is stuck on LG screen)! What to do ?!

So you failed to read the guide and bricked your phone while trieng to flash GT540, heres what you should try to do.

How to repair device if you see only LG logo and nothing else happens when u boot your device up.

[*]Make sure you use USB ports that are in back of youre PC, dont use front ones.

[*]Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.

[*]Try to reflash your phone again, using normal way. You can check How in topic marked as 1.

How to repair your device if it feels like dead. When you click power button nothing happens (Note that this may not work, its only a theory)

[*]Make sure you use USB ports that are in back of youre PC, dont use front ones.

[*]Disable LGE Virtual Modem. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.

[*]Try to boot your phone into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER).

[*]If the phone booted into Emergency/Download mode, launch KDZ Updater.

[*]In TYPE dropdown menu, choose EMERGENCY.

[*]Load KDZ(ROM) and flash your phone.

[*]If the phone failed to boot into Emergency/Download mode (VOL DOWN + POWER), launch KDZ Updater.

[*]In TYPE dropdown menu, choose CS_EMERGENCY.

[*]Load KDZ(ROM) and flash your phone.

[*]If the phone still dont work, take your phone to local LG Waranty service or your Operator which sold you the phone. Tell them that after you turned the phone off, it dosnt seem to turn back on again. And also make some angry face, something like this: >:[ so the girls that work there would be scared and respect you.

TO BE CONTINUED.

I followed this guide from start till end. Of course, it end up like the guide. The phone is now at service centre for repairing. No answer from them if they can fix it or not.

Thanks for your help ive grown some cohonnes and upgraded to the baltic 2.1 i dont know why so many people mess this up you only press 2 buttons lol .

Because of different phone, computer, and understanding. This is not math 2+2=4. Hardware may fail; then 2+2=0.

Guest ThornInMySide

Worked Good for me! Thanks! B)

I had uninstalled some of the google apps and got lots of errors because of it - the steps to flash worked and so did root method.

Because of the errors the flash failed first time.

I did these additional steps and flash worked:

-Remove SD card and Sim

-Do a factory reset before starting the flash

-Flash as per instruction above

-Format the SD card after flash (Do a backup copy if you must)

All good now and lessons learned as far as not uninstalling too many components

Guest ThornInMySide
Tried launching root.bat but "file type not found"

I rooted this phone on 1.6 but cant on 2.1...

Where am i going wrong please?

all I can suggest is to try running from cmd prompt (Start>Run, type "cmd", then enter path to root.bat e.g. "C:\temp\root.bat")

Guest DingIsBack

ilovelg...

My phone loves you.... :D

I, however, love you in a manly, slap on the back, well done, here's a pint sort of way.. :P

Was playing around in the root access deleting crap from the system apps (sims... doesnt work anyway plus some other bits) and...

...oops!!

Tried re-installing the apk's

Tried the Factory Reset

Tried LG updater to reinstall

F-all..

Used you tutorial to re-install full OS (carphone warehouse one, thats where the phones from anyway...)

Voila!...

Remember kids..................

Forever Fiddling Finally Fooks Fings up!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :D ;)

Guest kernelerror

Hi all ...

A small question ...

I'm Spanish, I have to put the "Europe Open" or better the "Baltic" ??? :P

The "Baltic" has the Spanish language ??? :P

I'm sorry but I'm new, I have no idea ...

Sorry for the English, is GoogleTrasnsaltinglish ;)

Guest ilovelg
Hi all ...

A small question ...

I'm Spanish, I have to put the "Europe Open" or better the "Baltic" ??? :P

The "Baltic" has the Spanish language ??? :P

I'm sorry but I'm new, I have no idea ...

Sorry for the English, is GoogleTrasnsaltinglish ;)

Baltic ROM dosnt have Spanish language.

Use Open Europe.

Thanks a ton guys ;)

The official LG release and the tool did not work for me... but with this stuff I had 2.1 install in mere 15 mins.

Thanks again! Keep rocking!

Guest mykeday
RESERVED FOR LATER USES.

I have currently installed the baltic black rom on my phone (as this was the one recommended to me), and all appears to be working fine.

But just wondered has anyone tried any of the other roms ??? EG the carphone ware house open uk rom. I ask cause this is the ideal rom for my phone being that I bought it from there and would like to have it set up to its optimal settings. I have noticed using baltic it can have some very minor issues in that it doesn't always default to my location being in england, which can be a bit of a pain.

Any opinions on this would be much appreciate, I realise the roms are all from LG so in all likely hood will be ok, just don't want to reflash it only to find it doesn't work, when the phone is running alright now.

Guest ilovelg
I have currently installed the baltic black rom on my phone (as this was the one recommended to me), and all appears to be working fine.

But just wondered has anyone tried any of the other roms ??? EG the carphone ware house open uk rom. I ask cause this is the ideal rom for my phone being that I bought it from there and would like to have it set up to its optimal settings. I have noticed using baltic it can have some very minor issues in that it doesn't always default to my location being in england, which can be a bit of a pain.

Any opinions on this would be much appreciate, I realise the roms are all from LG so in all likely hood will be ok, just don't want to reflash it only to find it doesn't work, when the phone is running alright now.

Well the only difference u will feel between them is that u will have more shitty useless apps in Carphone warehouse rom. Well thats propably it :)

Guest DingIsBack
Well the only difference u will feel between them is that u will have more shitty useless apps in Carphone warehouse rom. Well thats propably it :)

True.. but they're not that bad.

I've got the Carphone Warehouse ROM.

Extras are the usual shazam, foursquare, Sims etc...

I've only binned about 6 of them but left most of the other stuff on like Google Maps and the extras.

If you use Apps2SD for all your own stuff it doesnt really matter, I;ve got 101 apps + factory crap and the phone still has loads of space and my SD card has 800Mb spare for apps!!! (3MB in music on the other partition...)

Guest kernelerror

Hello everyone.

I just did the firmware update 1.6 to 2.1 ..... Open Europe

I was scared to death to see some posts .... :)

Everything went well .... I'm happy ..... ;)

The steps I followed are:

Modified no paranoia

1 .- Disable i remove the microSD and SIM.

2 .- Backup of personal data.

3 .- Hard reset.

4 .- Disable the device from windows "virtual modem LGE. "

5 .- Follow the steps in the first post of iloveg point by point.

Everything was perfect ....

I installed the rom is Europe Open V20B http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz

Works fine ... :D

Note for the impatient: ;)

Attention Phone restarts 1 time only ... NO TOUCH .... until the KDZ get a message that says "FINISHED === ==="

Thank you very much for your post ia iloveg all for your clarification .... i doubt

Sorry for my English, is Googletransaltinglish ...

Edited by kernelerror

Guest ilovelg
1 .- Disable i remove the microSD and SIM.

This is completely Optional, i dont even have a clear idea why did u done that ;)

3 .- Hard reset.

And why did u done hard reset if you was going to get one when u was switching from 1.6 to 2.1 ?

People, stop being paranoid... :/ Its not like you are rewriting soft to your Nuclear Bombs launcher, so it might accidently fly off tu badword russia :)

Edited by ilovelg

Guest kernelerror
This is completely Optional, i dont even have a clear idea why did u done that ;)

And why did u done hard reset if you was going to get one when u was switching from 1.6 to 2.1 ?

People, stop being paranoid... :/ Its not like you are rewriting soft to your Nuclear Bombs launcher, so it might accidently fly off tu badword russia :)

Yes, you are right, but after reading some post you become paranoid unintentionally.

Still to come all perfect.

Thank you very much for your post.

Guest Dr.Alani

Hi all,

Thanks to ILoveLG for such an interesting thread. This is my first Android phone so bare with me a little. I have GT540 with 1.6 and Arabic support (V10b). I used the LG upgrade tool to upgrade it to 2.1. The procedure went smooth and the upgrade was finished. Despite that, the phone still has Android 1.6. When I tried to update it again, it keeps saying that you have the latest version (V10c). I checked the phone, and it says android 1.6 and V10c.

I was thinking about using your method to reinstall the V10C ROM into it but I am afraid that the V10C linked to in here does not have arabic support. Has anyone used the V10C Rom, does it have arabic language?

Thanks all.

**** 30 Mins Later *****

I am getting Upgrade Error

WParam 100

LParam 2

Any ideas?

Edited by Dr.Alani

Guest ilovelg

Greetings Dr.Alani, and welcome to MoDaCo forums.

The point is that Arabic dont have 2.1 yet, so that means u just updated to newer version of 1.6 ROM. From v10b to v10c, 2.1 Roms have v20 tag.

Neither theres a 2.1 ROM with Arabic language support, so i would suggest you to just flash it with Open Europe ROM. And when the Arabic one comes... simply just reflash it.

Have you fallowed all the points in the guide carefully? Im not familier with this error.

Edited by ilovelg

Guest Dr.Alani
Greetings Dr.Alani, and welcome to MoDaCo forums.

The point is that Arabic dont have 2.1 yet, so that means u just updated to newer version of 1.6 ROM. From v10b to v10c, 2.1 Roms have v20 tag.

Neither theres a 2.1 ROM with Arabic language support, so i would suggest you to just flash it with Open Europe ROM. And when the Arabic one comes... simply just reflash it.

Have you fallowed all the points in the guide carefully? Im not familiar with this error.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I followed it carefully. I also tried the Recovery mode too and this did not work either. I had an older LG phone "KM555" that I had the software for and updated some time ago. So, I though there might be some leftovers from the old drivers of the old LG phone. I installed the required stuff written in this thread on another computer that is fresh to LG phones with Windows XP and had the same error also. My previous trial was on a Vista computer.

Anyway, the error did not ruin the phones existing ROM so it can still work.

But you know I can not feel so satisfied until I tickle the 2.1 version. Regarding the arabic support, I need it to read SMS and some webpages like facebook pages of many of my friends. So, is my will to upgrade stronger than the need to arabic support? YESSSS.

I will keep trying to figure out what is the problem.

Since I am new to this, does rooting have to do anything with the update? Do I have to do something else on the phone?

Edited by Dr.Alani

Guest ilovelg

I see, USB debugging and Your USB port is pluged into backcase of your PC ? Right ? And try to disable LGE Modem in Device Manager in your PC.

Edited by ilovelg