[FAQ]GT540 Reference Thread !

Guest ilovelg

Guest yufenn

Dear All,

Tq for this thread.

I am from Indonesia n I want to upgrade my GT540 become android 2.1

I have followed ur guide step by step, but when my "KDZ Updater" already finish and then appear "! emergency" with blue background color in my phone.

I must take off my battery to turn on my phone again, luckly there is no error after that.

for ur information

- I already use Baltic ROM

- but I use my HP Probook 4410s to do this upgrade, so I am not sure about USB cable issue.

any help please? :unsure: B)

tq ALL

Best regards

EDITED--

[R&D Test Tools Log File]

16:35:50 : Launching SW update

16:35:50 : Unpacking KDZ

16:35:54 : KDZ file extraced

16:35:56 : Files were extracted.

16:35:56 : LGMobileDL Load.

16:35:56 : Port = -1

16:35:56 : Connecting to phone

16:36:06 : Check Phone mode = 1

16:36:24 : Phone type check.......

16:36:24 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....

16:36:24 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(1335)

16:36:24 : _DetachDLL Call

16:36:24 : _DetachDLL Call End

16:36:24 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_GT540AT-00-V20d-BAL-XXX-DEC-02-2010.dz

16:36:24 : Param : moduleDir =

16:36:24 : Param : waitTime = 0

16:36:24 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1

16:36:24 : Param : PhoneMode = 1

16:36:24 : Param : BinVersion = V20D_00

16:36:24 : Param : AuthMark = 1335

16:36:24 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

16:36:34 : 3GQCT : wParam = 4, lParam = 0

16:36:34 : Step Complete : DLOAD Change

i use baltic ROM = "V20D_00.kdz"

I've no idea why it can be change become "......-2010.dz"

any idea brother m sister???

tq

EDITED AGAIN...

nice guide for going to toilet after push "start to update" button at kdz updater...

my only problem is I think my phone is going to error when my phone become in blue color... lol

many thank with this thread...

AWESOME

TQ

Edited by yufenn

Guest nico75
great job, far clearer than the mess in the updates thread

very much agree...thanks ilovelg...hehe...you too hecatae..just upgraded..very helpful...

The rooting instuctions for 2.1 aren't very clear. Are there any preconditions that the Windows machine I'm trying to root from has to meet in order for it to succeed? I don't have any LG USB drivers installed, and all I get when running the batch file is this:

C:\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

error: device not found

C:\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb wait-for-device

and then it stalls. I guess it's waiting for the device to register itself at the USB, but it's plugged in right now, with Mass Storage disabled and Debugging Mode enabled. So please enlighten me, folks: What's wrong?

Thanks a bunch in advance :unsure:

Guest ilovelg
The rooting instuctions for 2.1 aren't very clear. Are there any preconditions that the Windows machine I'm trying to root from has to meet in order for it to succeed? I don't have any LG USB drivers installed, and all I get when running the batch file is this:

C:\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

C:\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb wait-for-device

and then it stalls. I guess it's waiting for the device to register itself at the USB, but it's plugged in right now, with Mass Storage disabled and Debugging Mode enabled. So please enlighten me, folks: What's wrong?

Thanks a bunch in advance :unsure:

Am... Hello ?

Guest pereznegron

Hi, i am noob, i have this phone at GT540f version, in mexico with telcel that is the company. i upgrade android like this manual but i have some problems with the start, no LG logo and no android logo, i must wait a little more than the android sound to start, when it starts i get a lot of error messages about starting com.android.phone and stucks in there... i realy need the phone... so is it posible to restore the default android (1.6)??? i ve tried with LG software but i cant conect to the cellphone, the only way is with KDZ updater... and where can i find the KDZ for my phone??? thanks... :D

Guest ilovelg
Hi, i am noob, i have this phone at GT540f version, in mexico with telcel that is the company. i upgrade android like this manual but i have some problems with the start, no LG logo and no android logo, i must wait a little more than the android sound to start, when it starts i get a lot of error messages about starting com.android.phone and stucks in there... i realy need the phone... so is it posible to restore the default android (1.6)??? i ve tried with LG software but i cant conect to the cellphone, the only way is with KDZ updater... and where can i find the KDZ for my phone??? thanks... :D

Goto Settings and look for option to do a factory Reset. I cant recall where exact the options is and i cant check it bymyself right now couse my phone is tottaly Bricked dosnt even work anymore, will have to provide it to LG Service Guys.

I've succesfully upgraded my phone from 1.6 to 2.1. However, I don't have any idea about android and it's hard for me to understand things since this is my first android phone.

Can someone please tell me how to install apps in my phone. Is the App2sd the way? Do I just copy the apps after the partition is done? How do I install the live wallpapers and games. I am totally clueless and I don't wan to do anything yet because am afraid that I might screw up my phone ;)

Thank you so much!

Guest ilovelg
I've succesfully upgraded my phone from 1.6 to 2.1. However, I don't have any idea about android and it's hard for me to understand things since this is my first android phone.

Can someone please tell me how to install apps in my phone. Is the App2sd the way? Do I just copy the apps after the partition is done? How do I install the live wallpapers and games. I am totally clueless and I don't wan to do anything yet because am afraid that I might screw up my phone ;)

Thank you so much!

Theres a market application in your phone, there are all the games and apps. You need internet connection on your phone for it.

Cusetion: The pdf manual for app2sd is complete?. the last page (8) have last point (22) that said: "run autorootapp2sd.bat on your pc" my question is: that's it? no more steps.

Greetings from Mexico

Edited by jael65

Guest ilovelg
Cusetion: The pdf manual for app2sd is complete?. the last page (8) have last point (22) that said: "run autorootapp2sd.bat on your pc" my question is: that's it? no more steps.

Greetings from Mexico

I havent created that .pdf file, i think i put credits of dude who posted it, try contacting him or other people who installed Apps2SD. I dont use it and never have used Apps2SD.

Greetings from Mexico

that is not it. you need to root your phone, than select store method, the best one is under number 1 - standard app2sd.

Hi there.

I'm having a little trouble with my Optimus, I have upgraded to 2.1 (Romanian) and rooted (with 1 click) and installed apps2sd (with the last option apps and cache).

I have a 4GB microsd installed in the phone gaved 700 MB for apps2sd.

The issue that I have is that the phone freezes every time I use it for anything even if it is to check the weather (stays frozen for abou 30s every time). If I restart the phone it gives me an error that android.phone has stopped.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance, and a happy new year!!!

choose 1st option, standard app2sd and no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

hi when i flash the phone into 2.1 i lost the android market. what to do? please help.

i got the market back but when i download things, it wont download. any help.

Edited by drino

Guest Dr.Alani
hi when i flash the phone into 2.1 i lost the android market. what to do? please help.

i got the market back but when i download things, it wont download. any help.

What ROM did you flash?

Does it have something called SlideME instead of the market?

Guest Peter Lairo

Two questions on the original instructions of this thread:

2. How to root my 2.1 device ?

- Download 1click root for GT540

- Excract zip file

- [...]

Launch root.bat from extracted folder.

Do I extract the files to and run root.bat from my PC or the SDcard of my phone?

3. How to Install Apps2SD to my 2.1 device ?

- Download autorootapp2sd.zip

- Download App2sd_guide_GT540.pdf

- Read App2sd_guide_GT540.pdf for further instructions. Guide have pictures in it.

Must my phone be rooted in order to install Apps2SD or can I skip the step on "How to root my 2.1 device"?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Guest Peter Lairo
Two questions on the original instructions of this thread:

Do I extract the files to and run root.bat from my PC or the SDcard of my phone?

Must my phone be rooted in order to install Apps2SD or can I skip the step on "How to root my 2.1 device"?

I tried running root.bat from my PC but that didn't work. I think it's because the LG modem drivers are not installed correctly. They are a pain!

I ran the "LGMobile update" program and selected "install USB Driver", but that doesn't seem to work. My device manager (Windows 7) lists four "Other Devices" (2x LGSIMODEM01 and 2x LGSIMODEM02) whose status says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". "Update Driver" doesn't help and when I delete the devices, they just come back after i "scan for hardware changes". BTW: I recently installed a new main-board, CPU and RAM. Everything else on my PC works fine. Please help me get these f***ng USB drivers installed.

Edited by Peter Lairo

Hi before i begin i have gt540 but pc says gt540go on LG software does this actually make a difference on what one to download or should i get the 02 one just to be safe

Guest ilovelg
Hi before i begin i have gt540 but pc says gt540go on LG software does this actually make a difference on what one to download or should i get the 02 one just to be safe

GT540/GT540 Swift/Swift/GT540GO/GT540 Optimus/Optimus All of these phones are same, they are just called differently in different countries.

Download and install any of the ROM's you like, it dosnt matter... if LG Update software shows theres an update, do it, dont ever worrie about it.