Samsung galaxy tab PDMI connector

Guest dufster

Guest dufster

Hi

I've been reading all the reviews of the tab and they mention that it has a PDMI connector. Does this mean we will potentially have a whole new range of accessories to play with? Any thoughts on whether tab chargers and the like will work with our perfectly proportioned streaks?

Thanks

ajed

Guest MrPokeylope
On this picture are Apple's 30pin connector and Dell's PDMI

I don't see a Galaxy TAB connector on this picture!

You're still wrong lol. It's apples and the samsungs. dells isn't anywhere there haha

Guest Alkiera
On this picture are Apple's 30pin connector and Dell's PDMI

I don't see a Galaxy TAB connector on this picture!

The Galaxy Tab's 'PDMI' connector looks like an inverted Apple connector. There's a post that shows the black Galaxy Tab connector in that photo next to a white iPod cable, and they look like mirror images. Both are different from the Dell PDMI connector.

I don't know about the data lines, but I used a multimeter to confirm that the + - and GND pins are standard PDMI quite a while back

My understanding from the pin outs is that the Streaks PDMI connector is industry standard and that Apples is not.

Has anyone heard differently?

Guest ashdragon
My understanding from the pin outs is that the Streaks PDMI connector is industry standard and that Apples is not.

Has anyone heard differently?

More a case of the Samsung's connector not being PDMI standard, rather it's just basically an upside down apple connector which, as has been pointed out, is completely different to the Streak connector. The Pins / hardware available on the Samsung may or may not offer all the features of the PDMI interface but apple's isn't PDMI at all so obviously won't.

Guest peekofai

I tried this one myself...

You can force it in but it wont charge or detects that there's a cable plugged in.

Guess we have to wait for the chinese/taiwanese to make cheap ones

Guest spacecat46
I tried this one myself...

You can force it in but it wont charge or detects that there's a cable plugged in.

Guess we have to wait for the chinese/taiwanese to make cheap ones

Can't believe its still £24 for a%#$#@% usb cable!