Reverting to stock 1.19 before applying the new OTA

Guest PaulOBrien

If you've used Goggles Remover or made another change to your /system partition, you can revert to stock in the following way (warning: this will wipe your device):

• Download the 1.19 stock ROM from here
  • Download fastboot from here
  • Extract the fastboot zip to the same directory as the ROM
  • Turn your G2 on with the action button held (fastboot mode)
  • Type 'fastboot-windows oem rebootRUU' (case sensitive, replace windows with mac or linux as required)
  • Type 'fastboot-windows flash zip PC10IMG_Vision_TMOUS_1.19.531.1_Radio_12.21.60.09b_26.02.01.15_M2_release_149459
    signed.zip'
  • Let this finish, then type 'fastboot reboot' and apply the OTA

P

You can also grab the OTA directly from here, put it on the sdcard as update.zip then apply it by turning on your device with 'volume down' pressed, selecting recovery, pressing volume up and power when the icon appears onscreen and selecting 'apply update zip'.

P

Oh, if applying the stock 1.19 image it stops part way through and tells you to flash again ('please flush image again immediately'), do what it says - repeat that line. :)

P

Cant wait to get home! I wanna flash this so bad.

Can someone post the new radio and hboot version?

Also does this update fixes the issue with no network after sim unlocking????

There is a new radio but no new hboot.

No, it doesn't fix the unlock issue (or the fact rebelsims don't work).

P

So paul

Do you think that we will find a soluton for this issue eventually?

Guest Cyber_Jesus

I am having problem reverting back to complete stock android after using your remover. I tried to follow your step on how to fix this, but its still not succeding. Where exactly am I supposed to type the information included on your last 3 bullet points. I would really appreciate your help.

Guest Al3xSmith
I am having problem reverting back to complete stock android after using your remover. I tried to follow your step on how to fix this, but its still not succeding. Where exactly am I supposed to type the information included on your last 3 bullet points. I would really appreciate your help.

I've been stuck with the "HTC" on my screen for 20 minutes.... Thoughts anyone?

Guest froobra
You can also grab the OTA directly from here, put it on the sdcard as update.zip then apply it by turning on your device with 'volume down' pressed, selecting recovery, pressing volume up and power when the icon appears onscreen and selecting 'apply update zip'.

P

This method worked perfectly for me. Native WIFI tethering - finally!! I may actually keep this device now. The HDH washed out colours are driving me nuts!

Nice one Paul - you are a legend! :)

Guest carlit0z G2

how do i do the fastmode thingy sorry for the n00b question but i only been using android for 3 days now im on windows 7

Edited by carlit0z G2

Guest Orange Crush

I haven't modified my stock ROM installation. If I apply the OTA update, can I still revert back to the original stock shipping version? Even though the OTA doesn't disable VISIONary, I don't want to irreversibly update in case there's an exploit in the shipping version that may have been fixed by the update.

hi noob here, i used google goggle remover and want to update OTA. I know i have to put the original google goggles back on the phone in order to update but im a little unsure on how to do this. I read the first post buy im kinda scared I might mess the phone up. Any chance of getting a video up that walks us Noobs thru reverting back to the original Rom. Your help in this is really needed. Thanks for your time.

Update: tried carlit0z G2 method and worked perfectly, thanks so much.

Edited by joemm

Guest carlit0z G2

this is what i did and it work

Download PC10IMG_Vision_TMOUS_1.19.531.1_Radio_12.21.60.09b _26.02.01.15_M2_release_149459_signed

(the link is somewere in this thread)

*then read name it to PC10IMG.zip

*Put it on the root of your sd card.

*Power down phone

*Power up phone holding Vol Down and Power button.

*Phone will boot into fastboot i believe and then it will look for PC10IMG

*It will ask to flash it you use the vol key and power buttons to do that.

*Once it done it will reboot the phone and all your data will be gone and your be back at factory setting.

Then just rename the ota to update.zip and flash via recovery.

*remover the PC10IMG.zip from root of sd card

* Get back into the fastboot on the phone (setups up there^)

*this time use the vol button to go down to recovery.

*Once at recovery hold vol up and hit the power button.

*then vol down to flash update.zip

Guest carlit0z G2
Thanks carlit0z G2! That was a much easier method :)

I've used fastboot a few times, but i'm always afraid i'll mistype something...

no problem bro

Guest dyndragon

Could you use this same method to downgrade to the shipping ROM after you've updated to the OTA update? It would appear that the OTA update is just a patch, whereas this ROM .zip is a full ROM.

Guest adventurer412

Paul, any chance you can make an app that puts Goggles back? This would save a lot of users a lot of time. That was the only system change I made and it would allow me to apply the update without having to wipe my phone. I've spent hours configuring my phone and was hoping to just simply apply the update. I didn't realize moving Goggles would complicate the process so much and add so much time.

Also, I used Visionary to get full use of Titanium Backup just recently. I haven't tried restoring a backup from it. If I have to wipe, will this work the most quickly getting my phone back to it's previously fully configured state?

Thank you for your time! Awesome work!

Edited by adventurer412

Guest dyndragon
Paul, any chance you can make an app that puts Goggles back? This would save a lot of users a lot of time. That was the only system change I made and it would allow me to apply the update without having to wipe my phone. I've spent hours configuring my phone and was hoping to just simply apply the update. I didn't realize moving Goggles would complicate the process so much and add so much time.

Also, I used Visionary to get full use of Titanium Backup just recently. I haven't tried restoring a backup from it. If I have to wipe, will this work the most quickly getting my phone back to it's previously fully configured state?

Thank you for your time! Awesome work!

Putting it gently, you should read the post and method already posted by Paul about how this is done. The method does not allow you to write anything to /system/, only delete. If we could write to /system/, we would not have any problems doing anything whatsoever, and everyone would be happy about being able to have permanent root and eMMC memory in the phone unlocked.

P

Hello paul,

This is what I'm getting while trying to revert back to stock:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/GoogleGoggles,apk","8cd1dd995fca63cae2cacb578c54cb23747217be6","b733f4baafa4c2c5cb381efa4bcf1bae4217c695") E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status7) Installation aborted.

I've tried everything to revert back to stock to get the update but a can't get back to stock rom. Can you help??

Guest orlando2313

what i did was erased the sdcard and fix my problem i try everything but nothing after i erased the sdcard and just install the pc10img.zip and then erased it ant install the update.zip into the sdcard it works