Snow's i900 ROMS

Guest snowsakura

Guest leap_ahead
Hello

@leap_ahead: About the jinbox from rugal , yes i have that cab too and have tried it too... The problem , as yonn has described , is that it is currently not possible to

use Jinbox on a rom built with the original omnia i900 dlls as there will be conflicting dlls.. Stuff will break and cease to have proper functionality..

Will see if i can backport the Jinbox's dlls ... apart from that , Rugal's jinbox works perfectly well for you ?

yes full working for message !!

*the only problem that i have with rugal jinbox in Sounds & Notification i cant choose anything ...

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest snowsakura

Do you mean that you cant change the receiving sms ringtone ?

By default , the sound and notification menu that comes with windows mobile doesnt provide a way to change that ..

A way to change the ringtone ... is to use the omnia setting as seen in the screenshots in the first post..

Guest leap_ahead
Do you mean that you cant change the receiving sms ringtone ?

By default , the sound and notification menu that comes with windows mobile doesnt provide a way to change that ..

A way to change the ringtone ... is to use the omnia setting as seen in the screenshots in the first post..

i cant change any sound from notifications ...

i try the omnia settings but and there i cant choose anything ,,

Guest snowsakura

i am starting to think that you would need the OmniaLite DLLs for those omnialite apps to work..

By any chance would you upgrade to an OmniaLite Based WM 6.5.3 rom ?

I toubleshooted, and apparently the issue is with the Arabic language pack. When I install it, anything I write is invisible. BTW, space IS working on Fingerkeyboard.

Edited by sandrc

Guest leap_ahead
i am starting to think that you would need the OmniaLite DLLs for those omnialite apps to work..

By any chance would you upgrade to an OmniaLite Based WM 6.5.3 rom ?

with some rom i cant always connect to my bluetooth radio on car,..when device going to sleep my device disconect from Radio ...

for that i use Khuanchai rom ... no problem with bluetooth

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest snowsakura

@ sandrc : great to hear that . Thanks for testing out too! ;)

@leap_ahead: alright than .. oooh wait ..you have a car ? :( drool ;) hahaha i will see what i can do about the jinbox issue .what i have in mind is for you to overide the current omnia i900 dlls... with the new omnialite dlls.. :S

Edited by snowsakura

Guest leap_ahead
@ sandrc : great to hear that . Thanks for testing out too! ;)

@leap_ahead: alright than .. oooh wait ..you have a car ? :( drool ;) hahaha i will see what i can do about the jinbox issue .what i have in mind is for you to overide the current omnia i900 dlls... with the new omnialite dlls.. :S

when i setup the Rugal Jinbox i found LsOmaClient.dll is change to the omnia lite !!!

ok my friend !! i found the problem and i fix it !!!

Yonn Omnia Lite Jinbox.cab 1.0.1.78 + LsOmaClient.dll from omnia lite and working ;)

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest snowsakura

Thats great to hear that leap_ahead :(

I presume you took the LsOmaClient.dll from rugal's jinbox cab ?

Edit : note replacing LsOmaClient.dll will break the video/audio playback using camera/WMP/Touchplayer

Edited by snowsakura

Guest leap_ahead
Thats great to hear that leap_ahead :(

I presume you took the LsOmaClient.dll from rugal's jinbox cab ?

Edit : note replacing LsOmaClient.dll will break the video/audio playback using camera/WMP/Touchplayer

i take it from Yonn Kitchen tools !!

yes i know that problem and i cant fix it ..

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest focosi

First of all let me thank you for this ROM with the newest build 29007 (the only one for i900 so far!). I really enjoyed the high free RAM. There are anyway some bugs :

1) no space when using Swype keyboard (as already reported with other keyboards)

2) poor memory management of tcalendar.exe. Furthermore when calendar item is added in today screen, tapping leads to a blank screen

3) no way to set clock mode in 24hrs (only AM/PM mode is allowed) even when you choose the proper "Regional settings"

Anyway I hope you can fix these bugs in next releases!

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Daniele

Edited by focosi

Guest snowsakura

Trust me on the fact that Memory management for windows mobile ( not the new windows phone ) sucks real badly..

I have added in addtional file system filters to improve memory cache ....

IIRC ,i posted in the post that i cannot possibly support Swype due to the nature of legal issues.

Apart from that , yes i am well aware of the space bar issue

The only two keyboards that work with the space are reportedly fingerkeyboard and Samsung keyboard.

I am working on a fix ..if its possible..

About the 24 hour clock issue .. i am able to change the time display setting..

In regional settings , please set it to H:mm:ss

Thank you for testing the rom

Guest snowsakura

btw @ Leap_ahead : is the spacebar working with Rugal's Jinbox Cab with other keyboards? .. I know it works with the samsung keyboard..but am not sure about the other keybaords...

Guest leap_ahead
btw @ Leap_ahead : is the spacebar working with Rugal's Jinbox Cab with other keyboards? .. I know it works with the samsung keyboard..but am not sure about the other keybaords...

i dont know for other keyboard sorry !!

Guest HTP123

Hi Snow,

First off ! Thanks a lot!! It's super great to see inspired chefs like you still around to provide service to the omnians.

I have tested your rom for hm.. a few hours, so these are some minor things that can possibly be improved in your next rom. I'll keep updating the moment I found bugs. =)

To begin with, it is kinda slow to compose a new message after clicking the compose new message soft button, but not that slow, tolerable.

Secondly, it is the overlapping of keyboard with bottom part of the ui that bothers me, *as shown in your first screenshot* , is there anything you can do about it?

Thanks =) I hope you'll keep this good work up and fine tune the lite apps for i900!

Regards.

Guest snowsakura

I know what you mean.. I really dislike those minor graphical bugs...

As for the keyboard issue , the keyboard must first be compiled against the new shell dll to be actually aware of the new taskbar height.

As for the moment , the only keyboard i know of that doesn't have that gui bug is fingerkeyboard and windowsmobiledefault keyboard

The compose button...Blame it on bloatware :unsure:

yes yes i know its a tad slow and unresponsive...limited by the fact that i900 is made of inferior hardware ....

i will try to see if i can do to improve memory management and cache... hopefully that will speed it up..

Additionally , the space bar bug in jinbox is really irking me... hopefully the resolution/skin of jinbox is not hardcoded..

Guest Ciboul

Very good work !

this Rom is one of the best I have used for i900.

I added iphone Today as today page and it rocks without problem !

thanks a lot and Happy New Year (with Omnia --> save planet earth !)

Guest HTP123

As for the keyboard issue , the keyboard must first be compiled against the new shell dll to be actually aware of the new taskbar height.

As for the moment , the only keyboard i know of that doesn't have that gui bug is fingerkeyboard and windowsmobiledefault keyboard

The compose button...Blame it on bloatware :unsure:

yes yes i know its a tad slow and unresponsive...limited by the fact that i900 is made of inferior hardware ....

i will try to see if i can do to improve memory management and cache... hopefully that will speed it up..

Additionally , the space bar bug in jinbox is really irking me... hopefully the resolution/skin of jinbox is not hardcoded..

Thanks, I am really looking forward to your upcoming roms. Besides that, I find the typing is kinda slow too, maybe I should just change the keyboard tho. But the vibrations and stuff from omnia lite is really awesome~!

=)

Guest ink nero

with UTASK you can easily fix the position of any keyboard (and most of apps)

and there's no "message bug" like ameba

Guest snowsakura

Thanks for informing me about utask

will look into it right away :unsure:

Edit : It works O.O .. amazing piece of software.. B)

Wonder how it compares to xtask..

Edited by snowsakura

Guest leap_ahead
Can you release a completely stripped ultralite version? The speed is very impressive.

+1 pls

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest Raheel Anjum
+1 pls

+1 from me also. I request a ROM with most free RAM space. So far the best ultralite ROM that I found had 75MB of free RAM and after loading a lot of stuff, I still had more than 50MB RAM free and its performance was really amazing.

+1 from me also. I request a ROM with most free RAM space. So far the best ultralite ROM that I found had 75MB of free RAM and after loading a lot of stuff, I still had more than 50MB RAM free and its performance was really amazing.

Hey 'Raheel Anjum' which rom r u referring to mate? can u share it please? :D