Guest whatkatedoes
Mine is not seeing any updates?

Just to be 100% sure:

Toshiba Service Station >

Application version 1.1.3 Android version 2.2.5.0026

Check for updates:

TEST2 Adobe Flash Player for Android

11 Nov 2010

Should be there, unless already applied.

Guest jnazare
You didn't try installing the youtube app before then? That seems to work fine without even needing flash...

Yep,

but needed full desktop experience !!!

and on others webpages.

The miracle is just for the fact that I didnt belived Toshiba will did it on time :rolleyes:

My apologise Toshiba!!!

Guest tdouble
Just to be 100% sure:

Check for updates:

11 Nov 2010

Yep thats what i got. Other forums saying they can't find it either.... its no longer in my service station but as you said it probably because i have already applied it.

Edited by tdouble

Guest Bisto321
Just to be 100% sure:

Check for updates:

11 Nov 2010

My version numbers match yours but no updates are available? Mine is rooted with Google Apps and Launcher Pro, but I don't think this should affect the update app.

I wonder if they were testing something on the live servers and you guys lucked out? Putting an update out for the Flash fix marked as 'Test' looks a bit suspicious to me.

As I posted earlier the latest tweet from "French Tosh" was the 15th for the Flash

Guest tdouble
My version numbers match yours but no updates are available? Mine is rooted with Google Apps and Launcher Pro, but I don't think this should affect the update app.

I wonder if they were testing something on the live servers and you guys lucked out? Putting an update out for the Flash fix marked as 'Test' looks a bit suspicious to me.

As I posted earlier the latest tweet from "French Tosh" was the 15th for the Flash

Anyone know where to find the apk files the service station downloads if so i will upload it here

i do not know if this is the correct thread to ask this, but i would like to know from the owners of a toshiba folio regarding the build quality, the smoothess of the tablet software and its its actually worth the purchase. actually i am out for a tablet( android) and am currently looking at the folio 100 and the archos 101. but there seems to be really problems with stocks from the archos and the devices are not running so goo, and still waiting on firmware updates which were promised last month.

thank you for the info.

Guest Bisto321
i do not know if this is the correct thread to ask this, but i would like to know from the owners of a toshiba folio regarding the build quality, the smoothess of the tablet software and its its actually worth the purchase. actually i am out for a tablet( android) and am currently looking at the folio 100 and the archos 101. but there seems to be really problems with stocks from the archos and the devices are not running so goo, and still waiting on firmware updates which were promised last month.

thank you for the info.

If you read through this thread from the start you should be able to get a fair idea of its current state - it is not great, but things could get better soon!

If you read through this thread from the start you should be able to get a fair idea of its current state - it is not great, but things could get better soon!

just did that, took hell lot of time to get to the end.

Guest Bisto321
YES thanks to andro zip was able to get the file hope it works, please leave feedback

This is the file that was uploaded to the service center this morning

Adobe_Flash_Player_10.1.rar

Hope it helps

Going to try it now - upload it on XDA Viewsonic thread, they will love you.

We all rely on forums, tweets, facebooks, etc - but I thought I would ring Toshiba to ask!

The response - "sorry no updates are available for the Toshiba Folio 100 at the moment"

I then asked "its not very good as it is, can we expect some updates soon? or I will have to return mine"

The Response "yes there will be some updates, but I can't confirm any dates yet"

I then offered "but the French Toshiba tweets are quoting Mon 15th"

The Response "that may be for france only"

OMFG what are they like? - I did mention that some of us had got it already and she blanked that particular observation.........

Guest tdouble
Going to try it now - upload it on XDA Viewsonic thread, they will love you.

We all rely on forums, tweets, facebooks, etc - but I thought I would ring Toshiba to ask!

The response - "sorry no updates are available for the Toshiba Folio 100 at the moment"

I then asked "its not very good as it is, can we expect some updates soon? or I will have to return mine"

The Response "yes there will be some updates, but I can't confirm any dates yet"

I then offered "but the French Toshiba tweets are quoting Mon 15th"

The Response "that may be for france only"

OMFG what are they like? - I did mention that some of us had got it already and she blanked that particular observation.........

done added to xda... lol i think it was a mistake that only a few of us got it hope it works!!!

Guest Bisto321
done added to xda... lol i think it was a mistake that only a few of us got it hope it works!!!

Works well for me too - but then it should if it does for others.

Hope tosh get some 'proper' updates out for drivers and software soon - looking promising though...

UPDATE - Toshiba just responded to a mail from a few days ago - no mention of driver or software updates, but they confirmed that the 15th is the official relase date for Flash.

They did say that this is subject to change :rolleyes:

Edited by Bisto321

Showing my HDMI out running - crops a bit but my TV has naff HDMI its too old now

That's because of your TV settings! Looked the same for me first place. After adjusting the TV settings, it's perfect, no crops

Edited by Zonk76

Guest Bisto321

At work today and although I am busy I have had too much time to think! and the result is that I have decided to give Toshiba their tablet back.

I am a bit concerned about the potential future for this device, as I suspect that Toshiba may want to get this product to 'end of life' PDQ.

Shame, because if they had waited a couple of weeks and actually tested the device with a bunch of real people and sorted the flash it could have been better (not great)

I think the massive churn of technology products and the speed in which these things are replaced by 'better' models is really affecting the quality of software and hardware.

Crap executive decisions to rush things to market for potential christmas profit does not help!

Bye Toshiba, I don't think I will be seeing you again.

Guest simon.n.jonez

has this tablet been recalled.i want one but cant find it to buy anywhere,someone said its been recalled but u cant find anything online to back it up

Guest Unguided
has this tablet been recalled.i want one but cant find it to buy anywhere,someone said its been recalled but u cant find anything online to back it up

Doesn't seem to be any official word on a recall, but the Dixon's group have put their prices for it up to £999 was looking at it instore today, if the product was recalled then they should remove it from all stores. Expansys still have it as pre-order on their web site for £329 as well.

Guest whatkatedoes

Hmm.. I'm concerned about the removal of the folio from currys etc.. I think I'll try and take mine back too :rolleyes:

Bit sad, its not a perfect device, but it could have been improved a lot with firmware/software.. but I dont like the idea that a major retailer has pulled it off their website :/ and the now you see it now you dont flash thing as well.

PC World/ DSG Group has stopped all sales of the Folio due to a very high return rate. They have instructed staff to keep it on display until further notice but none can be sold. They have set the price to £999 on their EPOS system (Eclipse) to discourage any sales of the device.

DSG must be crapping themselves about the Advent Vega.. If it falls short then they'll be stuck with returns, would make sense to delay and get it perfect before ending up with Toshiba's mess.

Guest Darryl991
Mine going back today as soon as the store opens...... What a pile of......

Took it back to Currys @ Crown Point in Leeds. There was an empty display stand where it used to sit. ..

Guest whatkatedoes

Mine back as well :rolleyes: I didnt even have to use my army of evidence lol

A shame.. I guess we wait now until we see what the Advent is like.. but am also looking at the Archos 101

Guest tdouble
Mine back as well :huh: I didnt even have to use my army of evidence lol

A shame.. I guess we wait now until we see what the Advent is like.. but am also looking at the Archos 101

Same here :rolleyes:

Just posted this here as toshiba forum seems to like to moderate my posts sorry..

Knobby you know what mate you did your bit. Some people just don't want to listen, FACT the item is priced at £999 in PC world, how do i know, because i saw it with my own eyes when i took mine back to the shop. Was told by the manager of the store that a mass message was sent to PC WORLD and CURRYS in order to bump the price up (so no one would buy it) but keep it on the shelves till further notice. Was also told that there was a recall from toshiba not 100% sure of the reasons could be mistaken but im sure it was something to do with the battery and that they were going to re-release the folio just before christmas.

I really did want to like this device, but im sorry but when

1. MAJOR stores PC WORLD & CURRYS have removed the device from their website especially when PC World had the 21 day exclusive, if anyone noticed the advert with the four tabs ( Samsung, Toshiba, Archos, Advent) the Toshiba has also been removed from this advert WTF!

2. Bumping the price to £999 in store.

3. Personally told by one of the people at the customer services desk "Not Another ONE!!" and it was a running joke with the staff.

4. The whole flash saga, Lets se what happens tomorrow.

5. The fact that Toshiba is keeping quiet, not only on the number of returns but also any problems which the device may have.. i had mine for over a week and no info on updates or anything. I know it takes time but its free to communicate with your customers, clearly knowing the issues the device has, please the device even has its own product information center app.

6. its taking forum users (a few on here Toshiba Forum) more so on XDA and Modaco to actually try and make the device usable (i was so happy to see people pull together like this) Toshiba hasn't even had the decency to write in their own forum to the loyal few who have stuck with their device. How many of you knew about the flash upgrade supposedly released tomorrow. did toshiba themselves tell you or did you find the info from elsewhere. Funny enough i was one of the "lucky" ones to get the flash beta from their service center and uploaded it straight away to Modaco & XDA under the name "supagforce" so chances are if you allready have the beta it was thanks to me.

You know what if anone else wants to finish this list off your more than welcome im tired, and P!$%ED OFF

Edited by tdouble

Guest Bisto321
Mine back as well :huh: I didnt even have to use my army of evidence lol

101 looks good and already has full market -

Not sure though - it is not a Tegra2 device. Really want one of those (I have already forgotten that I had one and had to return it today!)

Will be banging on the door of PCW to have a look on Thursday (18th?) If anyone works at Aylesbury PCW and reads this - I will bring the coffee :rolleyes: