StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest jnovello
Has anybody had issues with the screen not rotating to portrait mode?, just wondering if its a bug or something. it used to rotate but very slowly and now it doesnt at all. :/

I had the rotation issue once. No big deal and obviously less of an issue this build. Apn setting were exactly as they should have been, so no change. Every time I reboot I get Bluetooth share process has stopped, but I haven't been able to test if Bluetooth connects yet.

i can install it at last! thank you. :)

by the way, i use 2.5.0.1-streak-clockworkrecovery on my gentoo LINUX pc.

i use following commands, which work.

./fastboot-linux -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

./fastboot-linux -i 0x413c reboot

Guest navkenny

thanks, works like a champ. followed the instructions from the first post to downgrade to 1.1.1 and old baseband, then did the same for the new. market working without FCs.

Guest untrueparadox
Has anybody had issues with the screen not rotating to portrait mode?, just wondering if its a bug or something. it used to rotate but very slowly and now it doesnt at all. :/

its a known bug. just go into settings -> display and uncheck/check rotate screen and itll fix it. it gets stuck once in a while.

Guest foxhoundep3
its a known bug. just go into settings -> display and uncheck/check rotate screen and itll fix it. it gets stuck once in a while.

Awesome, it worked. Thanks

Guest nfalletta

This works great, thanks Stephen and others. I originally went from 2.2 beta to 2.2 v1.2 with the new baseband, but the market was having issues installing apps. So I flashed v1.1.1, went into fastboot to flash amss for the new baseband as Stephen suggested. Then I flashed v1.2, no wipe or anything and just rebooted and everything including market as far as I can tell works now. Thanks guys.

Nick

This works great, thanks Stephen and others. I originally went from 2.2 beta to 2.2 v1.2 with the new baseband, but the market was having issues installing apps. So I flashed v1.1.1, went into fastboot to flash amss for the new baseband as Stephen suggested. Then I flashed v1.2, no wipe or anything and just rebooted and everything including market as far as I can tell works now. Thanks guys.

Nick

does anybody flash from the 2.2v1 direct?

Guest adzman808
does anybody flash from the 2.2v1 direct?

From what I can tell reading everything that seems to cause problems...

I'm only on v1 so figure I'd need to go

V1.1.1

New baseband

V1.2

Trying to summon the courage to flash this.... Maybe I should drink something :)

Guest mrmrmrmr

this is really a lovely release.

thanks to Steve and all contributing for their efforts.

I have a question: where can we find the PC application to sync with Dell Sync on this release ?

Guest craigdabbs

im having issue upgrading to 1.2, i upgraded to 1.1.1 and done a factory reset and it boots fine, fastboot to load new baseband then clockwork recovery to install new 1.2 rom. On first boot i get the dell animation screen loop about 3 times then stuck on dell logo. I can downgrade to 1.1.1 no problems and stick the old 2.1 baseband on and works no problem.

Am i missing something?

Thanks

Craig

Guest Stephen Hyde
im having issue upgrading to 1.2, i upgraded to 1.1.1 and done a factory reset and it boots fine, fastboot to load new baseband then clockwork recovery to install new 1.2 rom. On first boot i get the dell animation screen loop about 3 times then stuck on dell logo. I can downgrade to 1.1.1 no problems and stick the old 2.1 baseband on and works no problem.

Am i missing something?

Thanks

Craig

follow the instructions EXACTLY

Guest fonetastic

Hi,

Im currently on 1.1.1, does the wifi tether option in 1.2 allow other android devices to connect or is it still an ad hoc kinda thing?

Guest Hells_Child

Hi all,

Im now up and running on 1.2, looks nice, the dell launcher will take a bit of getting used to but nice job steve.

Problem im having is ive got no data connection. i can get wifi but no data.

When i installed 1.2 data was not enabled so i enabled it but i get no connection. ive double checked the APN and its set on "Pay and Go Data" and everything looks ok. Ive ried restarting a few times to see if it kicks starts it but getting nothing. I dont even get the "H" or "E" in the notification bar bit.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

I updated to 1.2 with baseband upgrade but now i cannot connect to network.

Tried reset but stuck at dell logo.

went back to 1.1.1 but again there is no network.

Any suggestions

Guest OrionBG
I updated to 1.2 with baseband upgrade but now i cannot connect to network.

Tried reset but stuck at dell logo.

went back to 1.1.1 but again there is no network.

Any suggestions

You CAN'T use the new baseband with 1.1.1

You must downgrade it!

Guest Hells_Child
check the apn is correct

ur a ledge Steve!

always the simplist solution isnt it, lol. i went through the APN in detail and found some wrong settings. so changed them and its up and running! Thanks dude!

On a side note, on the back off the streak where the dell logo is my silver circle has come off, you would think with the amount of money we have spent on this product dell would make sure they fix thier logo's on properly. stupid dell!!! :)

Guest Stephen Hyde

ive lost all the silver logo lol lost it some time ago

edit:

just a quick preview of something ive got coming up soon hopefully:

# cat scaling_max_freq
1267000[/code]

Edited by Stephen Hyde

You CAN'T use the new baseband with 1.1.1

You must downgrade it!

So my story

updated to 1.2 with BB upgrade . Everything working except no network.

Went back to 1.1.1 . Again no network.

Flashed back 1.2 and now looks good.

Installing apps as i type

let me type it a different way - 1.267ghz

That made sense . Thanks Steve

QUick Q .

I have seen that lots of work is going on to go step up the processing power.

However does it not damage the processor in the long run and secondly does it not kill the battery more ?

Guest Stephen Hyde

the amount of life it wud reduce the processor by is marginal considering the intended lifetime of the device, and battery in theory wont be much effected as cpu does not run at full pelt all the time