how to take screenshot SF

Guest chris54621

Guest squidlr

There's an app in the market named 'Shootme'.

Once installed, you shake the phone about until you hear a click sound.

It then sends a screenshot of the current screen to the 3DGallery application.

use a camera or another phone to take the picture?

*facepalm*

The two main techniques (for me) are DDMS from the SDK (harder) or ShootMe from the market (easier)

• 1 month later...
Guest isambard

does anyone know of a screenshot app which supports auto-rotation to fix the upside down screen? alternatively, does anyone know of the relevant app calls to do this rotation as i might look to hack it in myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i read that froyo should support a shortcut to make a screenshot. You should press and hold [back] and then press [Home] and a screenshot should be created in /mnt/sdcard/Screen... i dont remember the name of the folder, something with S... but it doesnt work for me. Do you use an app for that? How do people create screenshots of ClockworkMod?

• 4 weeks later...

(sorry about digging up an old topic)

What's been bugging me is the cause of this issue. Is the screen actually mounted upside-down? Except for ShootMe, you can see it when booting into Clockworkmod, but then, everything else in the phone seems to be aware of this and fixes it's orientation.

I just wrote to ShootMe author via e-mail with hopes of including some sort of workaround for this. I'll keep you posted.

Guest isambard
(sorry about digging up an old topic)

What's been bugging me is the cause of this issue. Is the screen actually mounted upside-down? Except for ShootMe, you can see it when booting into Clockworkmod, but then, everything else in the phone seems to be aware of this and fixes it's orientation.

I just wrote to ShootMe author via e-mail with hopes of including some sort of workaround for this. I'll keep you posted.

yes, the screen in the device is physically mounted upside down.

Guest Rotmann

This is not the only device with a display mounted like this. Free physical space/connector position may be the reason, as all producers try to keep the handsets as small as possible.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest herbz100

Hi, i am very new to android and just managed to root my san fran. I was wondering if there is a descent application that can take screenshots of my screen?

Thanks

Guest SqueakyG

Shootme is very fiddly to start working. It fails to get superuser permissions and asks to confirm the EULA about 5 times. Eventually if you fiddle around long enough it stays active and works properly, but it's a lot of hassle. This is on JJ, MCR and FLB. Edit: Actually I just tried it again and it's behaving itself very well today on FLB-r9b!

Drocap2 simply doesn't install. I tried installing it on JJ, MCR and FLB... it downloads from the market, but then no installation happens. One time I managed to get it installed somhow, but it froze up the phone trying to open it. The only common factor I can think of is that I've always had one of Frankish's gingerbread themes. I wonder if it works fine without a theme.

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest vermat17

Just wanted to know how to take screenshots of an android phone.

I've seen some on a few topics and was just curious as to how it's done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just wanted to know how to take screenshots of an android phone.

I've seen some on a few topics and was just curious as to how it's done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please TRY using the search button before posting a new topic to see if the question has been asked before

I used it and found the 5 most relevant threads and merged them all for you

Guest vermat17
Please TRY using the search button before posting a new topic to see if the question has been asked before

I used it and found the 5 most relevant threads and merged them all for you

Soz, but I did try searching...

Thanks for merging then anyway :huh: