Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

somebody help me please... i can't connect wifi, i click to connect and when i go in wifi settings, my phone freezes...i don't know what should i do..in omnia2droid issues nobody known how help me...everything is working very well, only wifi give me this problem...help me please...

thx

i try something to solve my problem and i found a code to make wifi test : *#*#528#*#* and says WlanTest Engineering Mode : DRIVER LOADING UNSUCCESFUL...

i have i8000L, it could be the driver problem???

Guest Chelonian
i try something to solve my problem and i found a code to make wifi test : *#*#528#*#* and says WlanTest Engineering Mode : DRIVER LOADING UNSUCCESFUL...

i have i8000L, it could be the driver problem???

Igor, my I8000L (Argentina) is working like a charm.

In Beta1 everything worked except when I used the updated zImage. So if you are using Beta1 don't replace the zImage and you'll be fine.

In Beta2 everything works out of the box. Actually I get signal a lot faster than with Beta1.

Hope it helps.

In Beta1 everything worked except when I used the updated zImage. So if you are using Beta1 don't replace the zImage and you'll be fine.

In Beta2 everything works out of the box. Actually I get signal a lot faster than with Beta1.

Hope it helps.

so i don't know why it's happens, i use beta 2, but when i used beta 1 it's didn't work too...i don't know what to do...

Guest myCoder
so i don't know why it's happens, i use beta 2, but when i used beta 1 it's didn't work too...i don't know what to do...

i have problem with wifi too.

it connect while start, but after few second without wifi connection, it wont able to get data from wifi d, even it still show connected.

WlanTest Engineering Mode status when able to get data -> Unloading Normal Driver and Loading Mfg Driver

WlanTest Engineering Mode after status few second of wifi idle ->Driver loading unsuccessful

anyone else having this same problem too?

Guest ritchietos

running android now for 2 days on battery still 37 % left no sleep of dead yet ( i have turn on 2g network only )

running beta 2 up to date on my internal storage .

btw iam forced now to use android :D i have set rapidboot to 3 sec and now i cannot turn it off anymore lol ( hard reset is no option for me anymore )

Guest cicciosprint

Reinstalled Android yesterday and now the "reboot with charger on" bug is back full force... uh, what? Is it connected with the "3D" libraries, since those are the ones I've added to an otherwise clean beta 2 install - which anyway presents the usual troubles of battery drain and the like.

Rapid, it seems that the lower the specs of the SD cards, and the less "ranked" the brand is, the more prone it is to breaking and getting partition corruption: hopefully, once everything is said and done, we can hope for a flashable version.

Now, on to sensors and camera! I wonder one thing: are the proximity and ambient light sensor one and the same or are two different pieces of hardware?

Guest Sinistersky
Reinstalled Android yesterday and now the "reboot with charger on" bug is back full force... uh, what? Is it connected with the "3D" libraries, since those are the ones I've added to an otherwise clean beta 2 install - which anyway presents the usual troubles of battery drain and the like.

Rapid, it seems that the lower the specs of the SD cards, and the less "ranked" the brand is, the more prone it is to breaking and getting partition corruption: hopefully, once everything is said and done, we can hope for a flashable version.

Now, on to sensors and camera! I wonder one thing: are the proximity and ambient light sensor one and the same or are two different pieces of hardware?

I believe they are two different things...

Hope it helps.

I will try made a hard reset on my phone and install a new rom...so can you tell me what rom, csc and eboot are you use??? or someone else that wifi works can tell me please...it's my last attempt to make wifi works...

Folks, tonight I did something extraordinary, tired of work to stop drain battery include under sleep, I finally got a perfect installation without sleep bug, without SOD and do not need anything to do it, nor setCPU or memory optimizer , only a simple task killer, I do not know what I did, but after fresh install and get the problems (consuption 1%- 10 min in sleep), went to WM and changed the parameters of the processor performance, I begin with normal, high and ultimately put in auto and finally its work fine (2% in last 7 hours in sleep).The detail is that I always install it in AUTO and the problem gone, went the changes what make the difference , I guess. Ah! I dont need use 2G only too. :D

Edited by slmz

Folks, tonight I did something extraordinary, tired of work to stop drain battery include under sleep, I finally got a perfect installation without sleep bug, without SOD and do not need anything to do it, nor setCPU or memory optimizer , only a simple task killer, I do not know what I did, but after fresh install and get the problems, went to WM and changed the parameters of the processor performance, I begin with normal, high and ultimately put in auto and finally its work fine. The detail is that I always install it in AUTO and the problem gone, went the changes what make the difference , I guess. Ah! I dont need use 2G only too. :D

Thanks slmz, for me the problem has gone with this form too!

Guest carlospaco
U can try this..

Below is the method that i used to installed Android 2.1 into 'My Storage' on our Omnia 2.

First step that need to be done is do the right partition. I guess if we done this part wrongly it can caused error (kernel option)

due to android cannot find the right path to locate the system files. I used Minitool Partition Wizard Home to do the partition.

1.Partition

- My Storage -

2gb FAT - primary type - named it as "disk0"

[ii] 2gb EXT3 - primary type - named it as "disk"

[iii] 'balance remain' gb FAT - logical type - named it as u like. mine is "WMStorage"

Then, u have to make sure that ur SD card is properly delete previous Android installed (if any)

first, go to samsung setting in winmo > memory > storage card > format. (don't forget to backup)

then, do the partition like below using Minitool Partition Wizard.

- SD Card -

FAT - primary type - name it as u like :D

Through PC Windows, copy Android beta files (beta1024 or beta512) into "My Storage". Files includes:

(haret.exe, default.txt, o2beta, zImage, o2beta folder) - THIS WILL WORK..BUT..

IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET ALL THE UPDATES WORKING PROPERLY, I ONLY COPY (haret.exe, default.txt, o2beta folder) from Android beta.

for other remain files (zImage, o2bupdate.sh, **ext2.tar.gz) i took from 31/01/2011 @devs website.

** FOR THIS PART I OPEN ARCHIVES USING 7-ZIP, AND DRAG N COPY ITEMS FROM "o2bupdate.tar.gz" (31/01/2011) & "o2update.tar.gz" (nObody 3d) into "ext2.tar.gz"

MAKE SURE TO PUT THOSE ITEMS IN THE RIGHT PLACE.

2.Untar into EXT3 or also known as "/disk" through Ubuntu

type in this command using Terminal "sudo cp /media/DISK0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/" wait till it finish.

[ii] then, type in "cd /media/disk/" there will be a line like : "cd /media/disk$" appear.

[iii] then, type in "sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk" wait till it finish untar all the necessary data.

....CLOSE TERMINAL

DONE UNTARRED EXT2.TAR.GZ INTO "/disk"

now need to manually update another item (o2bupdate.sh) that supposedly located earlier in your "My Storage"

....open terminal

then, type this "cd /media/disk"

[ii] then, type this "cd bin"

[iii]then, type this "rm -f su"

[iv] then, type type "ln -s /media/disk/system/xbin/su" ----> (EDITED)

DONE WITH UBUNTU :D

Finish with that. just some steps away to get ur android working.. after that using PC Windows, change the line in default.txt to:

** Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init"

** THIS PART CAN BE VARY, U CAN USE THIS PATH IF ONLY U DID EXACTLY SAME PARTITION LIKE ABOVE.

3.Run Haret for 1st time!! wait until it boot.. ENJOY IT.. :)

Hello Guys, I am trying to install on my storage , the only thing i can get, is that when i want to untar the ext2.tar.gz, it stops.

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk, this line want work.it says something like-invalid compressed data-format violated??????

Please some help for anoob

Hello Guys, I am trying to install on my storage , the only thing i can get, is that when i want to untar the ext2.tar.gz, it stops.

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk, this line want work.it says something like-invalid compressed data-format violated??????

Please some help for anoob

How I say before:

Just copy and paste one by one this comands:

sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2b2filesys.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf o2b2filesys.tar.gz -C /media/disk

cd

sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2bupdate.tar.gz /media/disk/

cd /media/disk/

sudo tar xzvf o2bupdate.tar.gz -C /media/disk

Where:

o2b2filesys.tar.gz you get of o2b2filesys.zip unzip that and put only o2b2filesys.tar.gz file on my storage (disk0)

o2bupdate.ta.gz you get of some 2D3D lib pack (I choose noobody ones)

and put new Zimage(from o2b2filesys.zip), Haret and default.txt ( change line to"rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init") (from o2beta1024). on Mystorage too.

Edited by slmz

Guest Mr.Lowl

Beta 2 doesn't work for me. It reaches until the OK PC Transfer and reboots afterwards to WM. I didn't put 3d/2d lib.

Beta1 works

Edited by Mr.Lowl

Beta 2 doesn't work for me. It reaches until the OK PC Transfer and reboots afterwards to WM. I didn't put 3d/2d lib.

Beta1 works

Its because your partitions are corrupted, just delete and remake both fat32 and ext3. The good size is about 1,5 GB each

running android now for 2 days on battery still 37 % left no sleep of dead yet ( i have turn on 2g network only )

running beta 2 up to date on my internal storage .

btw iam forced now to use android :) i have set rapidboot to 3 sec and now i cannot turn it off anymore lol ( hard reset is no option for me anymore )

well it's easy to use wimo again you have juste to click on lunch in front of the word window mobile just when the wihte screen show up :D you will got wimo :D

it's not...i can't access it with root explorer...

Try this, under ubuntu terminal write:

cd /media/disk

cd /bin

rm -f su

sudo ln -s /system/xbin/su su

sudo chmod 6755 /xbin/su

Guest eskimo86

Beta1 works

Did you solve this problem with the beta 2? I got this as well.