Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest enriquedopico

dalvik cache is in /data, so second command should rather look: rm -rf /system/sd/data/dalvik-cache/*

But this in a adb console in Ubuntu??

With adb console it's possible also in windows, no??

Guest enriquedopico

No, in ubuntu.

In adb console or in ubuntu console directly?

Sorry, it's the first time.

But I believe it's in Ubuntu terminal how you tell me before, sorry

Edited by enriquedopico

Guest rom_omnia2

"Unable to scan for networks"

Once in a while i face this problem when turn wifi on. Someone else have this problem?

PS: Froyo release.

Market Fix for WiFi connections.

We found why Market didn't work in newly developed froyo, so I thought I will also prepare patch for older version. Just apply - sometimes twice reboot is needed o2b2update.tar.gz (rename it to o2b3update.tar.gz - I forgot to do this).

I hope I didn't mess anything and signed it with proper key and it will work (please do backup just in case) ;-)

Edit: I suggest to clear dalvik-cache

Take a look here:

They use a market fix by msamitahir.

I had this account/market problem, with this release above works fine.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest voyteckst

"Unable to scan for networks"

Once in a while i face this problem when turn wifi on. Someone else have this problem?

PS: Froyo release.

Take a look here: http://www.modaco.co...nstall-updated/

They use a market fix by msamitahir.

I had this account/market problem, with this release above works fine.

My file is not only market but also sign-in problem fix.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest superdupersianz

Is the new Market 3.0 working on our current Froyo beta? Anyone had tried that before? New market seems to have more features and nicer layout.

Guest superdupersianz

New Market works brilliant! Found an .apk somewhere and installed it.

+1 ,Nice!!!

I just installed it, but I couldn't access due to no data connection available at the moment, will try it ASAP!!!!

Thanks for the reply.

Guest enriquedopico

dalvik cache is in /data, so second command should rather look: rm -rf /system/sd/data/dalvik-cache/*

I already did this but the same problem:

- Google accounts disappeared

- Opening Market, this inmediatly closes. I guess because of the above.

You can give me a update with old files to see both problems are fixed??

Sorry.

Edited by enriquedopico

Guest voyteckst

I already did this but the same problem:

- Google accounts disappeared

- Opening Market, this inmediatly closes. I guess because of the above.

You can give me a update with old files to see both problems are fixed??

Sorry.

Use this to revert to older one.

o2b3update.tar.gz

Guest enriquedopico

Use this to revert to older one.

Hello, sorry by my delay. I forgot USB cable in home!!!

With this update, it's resolved the above problems....

I repeat the update and the same happened again.

Any idea??

Guest voyteckst

Hello, sorry by my delay. I forgot USB cable in home!!!

With this update, it's resolved the above problems....

I repeat the update and the same happened again.

Any idea??

I think this update isn't ok. Do not use it....

Guest y17dt

@voyteckst: could you please tell us, what you are working on right now? And what you are going to work on for the next release? This would make waiting easier for me/us...

I think the most annoying thing for me is the Time-bug. This thing keeps me away from switching to android for daily usage. Everything else works fine for me.

There is one thing left I noticed last week. I live close to a borderline between countries, so sometimes you only get network signal from "the other site". So my Android switched to the foreign network, but I wasn´t able to switch back to my local network. Even a reboot didn´t help. The only way was to switch back to WinMob and change Network to the right one and restart Android after that. Anyone else facing the same Problem?

Thanks for your awesome work!

Regards

Guest alabama20

@voyteckst: could you please tell us, what you are working on right now? And what you are going to work on for the next release? This would make waiting easier for me/us...

I think the most annoying thing for me is the Time-bug. This thing keeps me away from switching to android for daily usage. Everything else works fine for me.

There is one thing left I noticed last week. I live close to a borderline between countries, so sometimes you only get network signal from "the other site". So my Android switched to the foreign network, but I wasn´t able to switch back to my local network. Even a reboot didn´t help. The only way was to switch back to WinMob and change Network to the right one and restart Android after that. Anyone else facing the same Problem?

Regards

I agree with you, according to me the time bug is the most annoying part in the froyo beta too. The other thing is the FM-Radio :'(

Guest philcook

I agree with you, according to me the time bug is the most annoying part in the froyo beta too. The other thing is the FM-Radio :'(

and bluetooth :)

Guest rom_omnia2

My file is not only market but also sign-in problem fix.

Just to clear it up. My problem was with account too. Tried million of times sign-in my google account in the original froyo by you devs, but just did it with this froyo that have this "market" fix but also fix the account login.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest voyteckst

New Froyo will fix following bugs:

- call

- all sensors

- market

- slow wifi

- battery

- time

- sleep

For FMRadio we have to find good source which will work on our O2. For Bluetooth we don't know yet - it's last on list.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest problematika

- call

- all sensors

- market

- slow wifi

- battery

- time

For FMRadio we have to find good source which will work on our O2. For Bluetooth we don't know yet - it's last on list.

Beautiful news!

Guest forajido

Regards

I live near the border too and, when the neighbor's network replaces mine, I have to do the same: reset my phone, scan for networks in WinMo, select mine and boot android again. It´s the only way to scan for networks so it returns an error when searching networks in android.

Voyteckst, are you working on this issue for the next froyo beta?

Thak you for your work.

Guest voyteckst

I live near the border too and, when the neighbor's network replaces mine, I have to do the same: reset my phone, scan for networks in WinMo, select mine and boot android again. It´s the only way to scan for networks so it returns an error when searching networks in android.

Voyteckst, are you working on this issue for the next froyo beta?

Thak you for your work.

Sorry, but I don't know this problem and I think it's impossible that WinMo influent on wireless networks scanning in android.

Guest forajido

Sorry, but I don't know this problem and I think it's impossible that WinMo influent on wireless networks scanning in android.

Maybe I didn´t explain it clearly. I was talking about phone networks, not wifi. When I said "my neighbor's network" I meant another country's phone network. Android is unable to scan for a new phone network (it returns an error), so i have to search for my network in WinMo.

Greetings.

Guest nikkotsoi

- call

- all sensors

- market

- slow wifi

- battery

- time

- sleep

that 's great!!

Will there any speed /lag fix?

and also fix for the similar problem below :D

http://forum.samdroid.net/f56/using-phone-mic-while-normal-headphones-speakers-connected-5214/index3.html

Guest y17dt

- call

- all sensors

- market

- slow wifi

- battery

- time

- sleep

Really great news!!!! I love you all! ;)

@nikkotsoi: we are talking about the same thing! I also have to switch back to winMob(and change network there) before I can get my own network in android again.

Regards

Guest nachoijs

great news!!!

in the eclair release the FM Radio worked really fine..., is it possible to use it in Froyo???

thanks!

nachoijs

- call

- all sensors

- market

- slow wifi

- battery

- time

- sleep

Guest StupidOmnia2

All Gurus I need help!!! After I install all android data to my new 8gb SD card, same problem bothering me for whole night. I cannot sign in or create a new account to get into the Market. "Cannot Establish to your account please try later or contact to customer care" any Guru can explain to me WTF is this??? Thank you.

Edited by StupidOmnia2