WINDOWS PHONE 7 IS POSSIBLE ON B7610 ?

Guest pladix

Guest awarner

Not really, as it has a resistive touchscreen not a capacitive one.

also the OS is not designed for the CPU the B7610 uses.

So it's unlikely it will be ported over.

Guest Gyrosensor

I don't know if this is the right place to post so please advise.

Anyway...I was hoping this forum could help clear up the confusion between windows 7 compact, windows embedded and windows phone 7.

I for one always thought that windows phone 7 was the successor to windows mobile 6.5. Frankly, I dislike the whole OS (no copy past although there's a coming fix allegedly), no hot swappable sd card (just internal memory though allegedly more efficient use) and no CAB file installation (stuck with windows/microsoft market place). Then I read that in June, microsoft already announced that the true successor of windows mobile 6.5 is not windows phone 7 (not as on OS architecture anyway) but rather windows embedded! (w/c will probably run tablets and any other handheld device).

I want phones with windows embedded! (tablet running OS powering my PHONE! WHERE is it? is it just coming out on the ASUS eee pad 101? is it ever coming to the phone (except for the motorolla-what about samsung and HTC). No one seems to be paying attention to this OS. ALL the hype is on windows phone 7 which is "designed" for the "consumer" according to microsoft while "embedded" is for corporate users.

All this confusing business jargon...I just want a better windows mobile. So the real question is not whether windows phone 7 will run on the OMNIA but when will our phones come out with WINDOWS EMBEDDED or COMPACT 7 or whatever else their calling it nowadays. I'm not a fan of this "consumer" and "corporate power user" division among windows mobile users. It's like saying that windows phone 7 is for people who like the Iphone (probably what they're competing against) who don't need all the multitasking power user requirements but want high end video, music, graphics and games (the sweet STYLISH stuff) while "windows embedded" is for the good old rugged pocket pc user who doesn't really need high end graphics (games basically), just work (the boring but IMPORTANT BASIC NERDY TECHY STUFF). I always thought that windows mobile was the best cause it allowed us to switch between the 2 on the go...HARD at WORK and EVEN HARDER at PLAY. Imagine working on office documents, pdf readers, mobile computing on the go and then switching with the flick of a button/stylus tap/g sensor gesture to Morphgear, FINAL BURN and FPSECE! ... so now I need 2 handhelds...one to look cool and another to be smart?

windows phone 7 sounds like some fancy "bells and whistles" / windows vista look-alike for the phone. When is embedded or compact 7 coming out to save the day? And when will manufacturers as well as "consumers/power users" start noticing the difference?

Not really, as it has a resistive touchscreen not a capacitive one.

also the OS is not designed for the CPU the B7610 uses.

So it's unlikely it will be ported over.

Guest awarner

Windows Phone 7 is the mobile replacement for Windows Mobile as such.

Windows Embedded Compact is the backbone of WP7 and Zune etc and it's basically the replacement for the Windows CE platform.

It's the same as CE was the core of the Windows Mobile platform so to answer your question Windows Compact 7 is already out there now and known as WP7 in the mobile world.