To get a Desire Z or not?

Guest feelmychi

Guest csr_cafc
LOL im in the same boat, have a pulse, but i broke the glass on the front, so have the pulse mini as a replacement.. god damn phones so expensive tho =[ desire z i seen around 350-400, but over ebay 250... but do i trust an ebay phone.... hmm

You can pick one up sim free brand new for 265 from amazon or ebuyer.

Guest Benjit1
You can pick one up sim free brand new for 265 from amazon or ebuyer.

Managed to wangle a Desire Z on Voda in UK, 12month contract, phone was £80 on £20p/m 600mins, ult texts, 500mb data & 50mms plus vodafone passport. Got that in December and can upgrade from Nov, think I'll go for the HTC Sensation then, keyboard is handy on the Z, but does make it quite a heavy phone@180grams.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest frenchy77
Managed to wangle a Desire Z on Voda in UK, 12month contract, phone was £80 on £20p/m 600mins, ult texts, 500mb data & 50mms plus vodafone passport. Got that in December and can upgrade from Nov, think I'll go for the HTC Sensation then, keyboard is handy on the Z, but does make it quite a heavy phone@180grams.

hey benjit1,

how did you wangle this one..? i am coming up for a renewal with vodafone at the end of next month and cannot seem to get this deal :D the best i can see is £35 p/m and £80 upfront - big :D

how have you got on with the Z..? i am currently mod'ing my zte blade/san francisco and planning to use that on giffgaff until i can get a sweet deal.

tc

Guest Speculatrix

seems like a pretty good deal.

you've committed to a total price over 2 years of £20 * 24 + £80 = £560.

the equivalent sim-only from voda is £20.50/month, 24 months is £492.. but after £121 cashback* this is £371

price off contract is £265, so with 24 months of the above sim-only, the equivalent cost is £636.

* http://www.topcashback.co.uk/vodafone_-_personal/

if you want to sign up with topcashback, please consider using this referral link :-)

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/speculatrix

• 2 months later...
Guest Br1an_g

I'm pondering picking one of these up sim free but concerned about going from my desire 1ghtz to the z 800 processor.

Ive been doing a lot more emailing recently for work and think the hardware keyboard would he useful . Plus I've had my desire for nearly 2 years so want something new...

Any thoughts on performance differences between desire and desire z?

Tia.

Posted on the move

Guest Br1an_g

Had a wee play with this is carphone last night and wasn't hugely impressed with the hinge. Top screen seemed quite loose. Everything else was nice and I liked the feel of the keyboard. Pretty responsive as well as standard. Jury is out on the purchase decision....