11/Nov 1.37.405.1 r1 - HTC Wildfire Stock ROM (Eclair) with Online Kitchen (prerooted update zip)

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my repack of the stock ROM for the HTC Wildfire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :huh:

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo stock ROM repacks

Unlike a MCR (MoDaCo Custom ROM) release, a stock ROM repack is as close to the stock ROM as possible. Only root / Superuser and an insecure boot image is added. The benefits of the repack are providing a rollback option in update zip format as well as providing an online kitchen to remove parts that are not required.

A MCR release of this ROM is also available!

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod). This can be installed on the WildFire using 'unrevoked'.

Features
  • Repack of the 1.37.405.1 WWE ROM
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

[*]1.37.405.1 r1 -

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 1f070c11d4c92803ca11398225dbb3f0

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

On XDA you said that you`ll see into adding an option to remove the HTC lockscreen and restoring the default one.... How`s that going?

Edited by AlexGP

Guest Ashbeard

I built a nearly stock ROM and it's working very nicely. Had some force closes from Rosie, even though I thought I had removed the HTC Sense screen. Is Rosie also the name of the keyboard?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Mobile network sharing (over USB) stopped working after first phone reboot. Before reboot it was working fine.

Before this I had stock ROM v1.25.405.1 it has the same problem.

Guest johnson30

Work fine ! But I can't find anything to fix android market because i can't find many apps i used before (when i was on wildpuzzle) :s

Thx four your job ! And sorry for my english :)

Edited by johnson30

Guest PJ_Dhaliwal

I am currently using this ROM that was prebaked with root and I have a simple question, would I still get a notification when HTC release Froyo? So far a couple of my mates who have HTC Wildfire have had the update to Froyo 2.2 showing available yet when I check for updates I get back saying no updates available? Newbie so not sure if I have to manually install 2.2 like I installed previous ROM from this site?

Hi, great ROM. I have baked my own and Im satisfied, but I have two questions:

Do you plan to enable JIT?

Will Jacob's overclock kernel 4.1 work with this ROM?

Im sorry, its actualy MCR. Feel free to delete this post

Edited by gaspo

• 7 months later...
Guest Falken68

Hi. I have been using your rom on desire. Works super! I now have a wildfire and i wonder, will you add Updater-Script for 3.x ClockworkMod Recovery support or have it already been added?