ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

Because rom development has ended I will be deleting all files from the dropbox, at this point its best to flash a new rom and that is antonio's rom here, it is probably the best rom out there for this phone

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Nice! This should be very helpful.

JIT is easily enabled by the end user. But it is working so well for me that I vacillate on whether or not it should be "pre-enabled".

I don't know if a lot of others feel the same as I do that the three front-facing, raised buttons should not wake the device. You can consider that modification as well.

Edited by twrock

I agree, why include DTA2SD when its not working? Does this work with amon-ra or only Clockwork like the other CM6 versions?

By the way, excellent work everyone involved with the CM6 project - I have been too busy to try it yet, but thanks go to Richard to making the process that much more simple!

Edited by Dr Who

Guest starkos
Don't know if it's a good idea including Gapps (legal questions). :huh: :rolleyes:

Was thinking the same thing, especially as it's using the 'CyanogenMod' name. I don't really know, so it's hard to say but I don't think they would be too happy if they came across this? Anyone know any specific info in relation to this, as this will make things easier for quite a few people?

Guest jrodrigues

That is true... I think that, if gapps is included, it cannot be called CyanogenMod anymore... You either change the name or remove gapps from the package...

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi everyone

why install DTa2sd if it doesnt work

have you

su

a2sd check

?

I included app2sd because I am not sure at this stage on whether its just me, I tried twrocks tutorial as well and same outcome and yes I did type a2sd check it says its detected the partition but isn't mounted

Don't know if it's a good idea including Gapps (legal questions). :huh: :rolleyes:

Why not include Gapps countless other custom Rom have it in them, if it bothers people so much that im using the cm name then I am willing to remove any traces of it from the rom and also the name of the rom

Is a full swipe needed?

Yes you need a full wipe

Does this work with amon-ra or only Clockwork like the other CM6 versions?

you need clockwork installed

It would be great if touchpal was included!!!

Ill consider including that, it didnt come to mind when I was making the rom

correct, why you should remove the gapps when these are included in other roms?

I think the issue dates back to Google's cease and desist letter to Cyanogen for releasing roms with Google apps and other bits of Google's IP. So Cyanogen worked out a solution that allowed him to keep producing roms that did not contain any of Google's proprietary stuff. So to put it back into a rom that is lableled "Cyanogen" kind of reverts back to the problem with Google. But I won't presume to speak for Cyanogen or Google, and IANAL.

Guest starkos
correct, why you should remove the gapps when these are included in other roms?

It's completely different. Most roms (such as previous Pulse roms) are basically modifications of the phone manufacture's software/firmware releases whereby the manufacture has a licence to include the Google apps. The CyanogenMod is built completely from source & therefore do not have the license to include them. I believe (think) that in the past Google actually contacted Cyanogen and requested that the Google apps be removed from their packaged roms & consequently started supplying them as a separate release/package.

This is how I understand the situation, I could be completely wrong & would be grateful if a more knowledgeable person on the matter could correct/elaborate this further :rolleyes:

Edit: Whilst typing twrock confirmed part of it above lol

Edited by starkos

Oh ok. but i think all ppl that modify roms are not allowed to do this from the manufacturer self, so i think this is illegally too.

Please correct me if this is wrong

Oh ok. but i think all ppl that modify roms are not allowed to do this from the manufacturer self, so i think this is illegally too.

Please correct me if this is wrong

It's a "grey area", but I think we are over on the very dark side of grey. :rolleyes:

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guys ill think about whether to have gapps included or not but until then can people start posting fixes to any problems that they have found on the various threads regarding cm in general, this way you and so many other people have less things to do out of the box. im looking myself and Ive found starkos' 710mhz kernel and Ive tested that and it runs fine for me so ill be putting that in the next version and also found some fixes to problems and also some performance tweaks

A couple of quick questions - I thought JIT was enabled by default in 2.2? Or do I need to A2SD JIT to enable it (a couple of reports this causes a boot loop on 2.2)?

Is compcache enabled by default?

Guest Richard_Arkless
A couple of quick questions - I thought JIT was enabled by default in 2.2? Or do I need to A2SD JIT to enable it (a couple of reports this causes a boot loop on 2.2)?

Is compcache enabled by default?

No cm had it disabled by default, I think it was down to the fact that its fairly unstable on low memory devices, since we now have swap jit will be far more stable for us so we should have it enabled by default

I enabled it through settings, cm options, performance and tick jit

I think compcache is enabled by default

Guest thisweb
That is true... I think that, if gapps is included, it cannot be called CyanogenMod anymore... You either change the name or remove gapps from the package...

Seriously, who gives a crap. Its a petty point and google have no need to worry.. We all know its not an official rom. - Google, cyanogen, modaco, you and me. So whats the point in forcing us to download it seperately. It benefits absolutely no one and harms absolutely no one. Just keep it quiet and let everybody embrace common sense.

Guest arlindo.costa
Seriously, who gives a crap. Its a petty point and google have no need to worry.. We all know its not an official rom. - Google, cyanogen, modaco, you and me. So whats the point in forcing us to download it seperately. It benefits absolutely no one and harms absolutely no one. Just keep it quiet and let everybody embrace common sense.

flibblesan avoided including GAPPS in his "FLB-Mod 2" ROM for exactly the same reasons... :rolleyes:

(http://android.modaco.com/content-page/317...sting/page/480/)

Edited by arlindo.costa

Guest igor_anta

OK, in order to avoid the entire discussion is it not easier to just post a link to the tiny-gapps as an addition to the rom so users can flash that separately? It's not that big of a deal whether they're pre-installed or in a separate .zip, just one more click. Cheers!