WITH SENSE: 10/Feb r3 - HTC Vision (G2/Z) MoDaCo Custom ROM with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hearlamb

Hi folks,

where can I find a valid tun.ko module for the 2.6.32.21-g540976a kernel present in this r3 modaco firmware ?

Or where can I find the sources of this kernel to build the module by myself ?

Thanks

EDIT : I just built the correct module for this version of the MoDaCo Custom ROM, you can download it at http://louis.chefbe.net/tun-2.6.32-g540976a.ko

Edited by hearlamb

Guest djdriver

flashed this from a clean wipe, and having sync issues. phone shows it's always syncing, can't seem to complete the full sync cycle. tried wiping and reflashing twice, and still same problem. using a custom bake from the kitchen. any suggestions?

Guest Speculatrix
EDIT : I just built the correct module for this version of the MoDaCo Custom ROM, you can download it at http://louis.chefbe.net/tun-2.6.32-g540976a.ko

thanks for that, I flashed the modaco rom last night and on getting started realised I needed the matching tun.ko. It's only a small file so maybe Paul can include it in his next release?

thanks to all for their hard work, I spent a lot of time downgrading my Z from 1.72 to 1.34 to get s-off & root, but wanted all the features of 1.72.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jerouris

I have installed r3 rom, but the hardware keyboard has only one option: English

Is there a way to add more languages to the hardware keyboard? Virtual Keyboard works ok (multiple langs).

• 5 weeks later...
Guest viper96

I applied the r3 ROM from the first post... phone just cycles with the white background "HTC quietly brilliant" at the top and the MoDaCo logo and URL in the center and bottom. It does this every 30 seconds and has been doing it for the last 40+ times. I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue so I'm wondering what I missed.

HTC Desire Z

Bell Mobility.

EDIT: after reading the first post over again (and restoring from backup) I cleared all the data first and now I have a clean yet updated phone. Thanks!!

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by viper96

Guest najeebr

Thank you so very much Paul. I had recently purchaser T-mobile G2 and the ROM which was updated in that was pathetic and and i was worried that weather it would be updated with sense UI or not, any way i have updated your ROM and its working fantastic without giving any issue (at least till now) :)

• 1 month later...
Guest ferdis
I have tried the modaco custom rom for htc vision r3 and i must say that it looks really good.

there is a force close issue with the locations application though. i tried 1) reinstalling the locations application and 2) rebooting the phone, but the locations application still force closes.

the force close happens when i go to navigation. before modding the phone, i purchased a license key for navigation, and after inquiring with the developer of locations (route66), i was told to use the sync license option. i did that and it worked. the locations application displays a perpetual license for navigation (premium navigation, because google navigation is still not available in my country).

when i press the navigation button, it force closes.

i hope you can solve this. thanks and keep up the good work.

===

i confirmed again that it force closes the moment i hit the "premium navigation" button. it goes back to the car dock after force closing.

I am facing same problem. Anyone solved problem with premium navigation force close?

• 1 year later...
Guest Geet Singhal

Hey I have a Desire Z (Indian) which is running on Android 2.3 with Sense (Stock). I want to install Virtuous ROM. Do I need to S-off it first? Please give me the list of steps I should follow! Thanks ^_^

• 1 month later...
Guest overridecz

Do not you have someone accidentally backed tudle ROM, I destroyed the card and came here about her. It was the best.

Thank you very much

Edited by overridecz