Solved Galaxy Tab brick

Guest lordlucan

Guest lordlucan

Yesterday I tried to flash the latest firmware

Because of stupidness this was not really successful and my TAB didn't start after the flashing...

also pressing the power + volume down show's no effect.

the display turns on only when it's powered by the charger displaying 2 icons of a phone and a computer

I looked then through many forums and found at xda-developers patomas who had the problem.

Following solution worked:

1. wait until the TAB discharge (about 1 Day)

2. Start Odin and connect th tab to the computer

3. wait about 10 minutes, TAB connected to the computer

4. flash normal FW (I chose the XWJJ4)

Christian

Edited by lordlucan

Had that icon in another samsung android device, did not like seeing it.

Eventually I just ignored it, removed and reinserted the battery and charged the device about 2 hours from the electric charger not through the pc., then put it in download mode again and reflashed what on the tab would be JJ4.

I think odin failed because the battery ran out midway.

You will be surprised how resilient this samsung recovery is.

I thought I killed my galaxy-S 10-15 times but always managed to charge and reflash with odin.

Edited by ranblv

• 1 month later...
Guest bfadewole

Because of stupidness this was not really successful and my TAB didn't start after the flashing...

the display turns on only when it's powered by the charger displaying 2 icons of a phone and a computer

I looked then through many forums and found at xda-developers patomas who had the problem.

Christian

Hi Christian and thanks for the lead on the solution to this booting problem. I initially thought I had bricked my phone but I later realized that this was a different issue. After having this problem with the Samsung Logo just blinking on my Tmobile Galaxy Tab for over two weeks I finally got the favor of using the right technique and right files to flash the device this morning. I therefore feel the urge to share with everyone that might be in the same shoes as I was.

After so many permutations, with different firmwares and Odin3 v1.7 and getting the broken link icon on the tab. I flashed the Tab using the PIT file "P1_add_hidden.pit" with repartition option selected. At this point I sensed that my battery was low so I decided to charge it. This I did by shutting the Tab off by holding down just the power button until there was nothing showing on the screen. I plugged the Tab to direct power outlet and not using the PC. After about 30 mins I checked the battery charging status by slightly depressing the power button. I left my Tab charging overnight approximately about 7 hours. In the morning I then flashed with the PDA files "P1000XWJJ4-REV03-ALL-CL639474.tar.md5" with the repartition option not selected. But I was still getting the flashing Samsung Logo. I then proceeded to flash with "MODEM_P1000XXJID.tar.md5" with the repartition option not selected. Voila, my Tab was unshackled!!!

All these files can be found by downloading and extracting the content of this file: http://www.multiupload.com/3TJTTTEHMN or going to http://www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-p1000.htm to download the P1000XWJJ4 firmware.

I hope this helps.

Francis

• 1 month later...
Guest hk300

Christian

I have the same problem, and I tried the above, but it did not work.

(when you connect the tab, did it go to BOOT mode? What was shown on the Tab screen?)

(did the TAB charge? What was shown on the Tab screen?)

Could it be that my Tab was not fully discharged?

Guest gertitombo
I have the same problem, and I tried the above, but it did not work.

(when you connect the tab, did it go to BOOT mode? What was shown on the Tab screen?)

(did the TAB charge? What was shown on the Tab screen?)

Could it be that my Tab was not fully discharged?

Hold the power button in for at least 10 seconds! Point 1 is not needed.

Charge the phone. The first 10 mins or sometimes longer than that (one time I had 40 minutes no screen).

Then of you go. flash with new firmware.

Regards,

GT

• 10 months later...

hi if galaxy tab show gsm and computer try odin select repartition and flash it with P1_add_hidden.pit it allow you to charge normally, wait one hour then put it bootloader mode and flash it

done