[SOLVED]"device is up to date" and "verification failed no signature" errors

Guest v1nsai

Topic says it all, I'm really trying to downgrade from UK 2.1 and I don't know what else to do. I managed to get past the "verification failed no signature" error by using the .pkg files (renaming the zip files wasn't working for me, I'm on Linux I wasn't naming them update.pkg.zip accidentally) I downloaded from this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...-now-available/ but now I get the error that my software is up to date and device will reboot in 30 seconds.

I'm very sure I have the correct recovery installed, I've checked the filesize against every other recovery I've read that works and they all give me the same error. UK 2.1 is very broken on my phone I could really use a hand getting back to the stable AT&T 1.6 ROM I've done this plenty of times before with other devices but nothing seems to work with the Dell Streak.......

SOLVED see post #3

Edited by v1nsai

Guest superutp

kinda had the same prob...didnt bother figuring it out and instead went and installed 8105 2.1....

turns out to be crappier than my 6941 2.1...

want to know the solution to ur problem as well...

though now just waiting for 2.2 to come out...

Found the problem. I was getting "verification failed no signature" errors with some ROM's and "device is up to date" errors when trying to downgrade. Despite following instructions to the letter, things weren't working for me. I was using fastboot to flash the recoveries, which I didn't realize wasn't working. Flashing the recovery from a console then flashing the ROM worked first time no problems.

Here's how to do it. Since your probably following a list of instructions, the only difference is that the fastboot instructions probably aren't working for you. So instead of using fastboot, use

flash_image recovery /sdcard/name.of.your.recovery.img

Then continue following instructions as normal. This is a guaranteed way to get the recovery on there, since there's no middle man (fastboot) that can mess up. I don't know about you guys, but that was my problem. Hope it helps someone else.

Much thanks to jutley for the suggestion to flash from terminal!

Guest superutp
Found the problem. I was getting "verification failed no signature" errors with some ROM's and "device is up to date" errors when trying to downgrade. Despite following instructions to the letter, things weren't working for me. I was using fastboot to flash the recoveries, which I didn't realize wasn't working. Flashing the recovery from a console then flashing the ROM worked first time no problems.

Here's how to do it. Since your probably following a list of instructions, the only difference is that the fastboot instructions probably aren't working for you. So instead of using fastboot, use

flash_image recovery /sdcard/name.of.your.recovery.img

Then continue following instructions as normal. This is a guaranteed way to get the recovery on there, since there's no middle man (fastboot) that can mess up. I don't know about you guys, but that was my problem. Hope it helps someone else.

Much thanks to jutley for the suggestion to flash from terminal!

thanks for figuring it out but i am probably not gonna try it out...

gonna stick to the 2.1 till 2.2 is out...

• 1 year later...
Guest laddi

when i take phone in recovery mode.....,,,nd,,,..phone gv me Error........lyk this.................... ( E:SIGNATURE VARIFICATION FAILED )...................................PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ SOM ONE HELP.. ME PLZ..........WOT CAN I DO.............ABOUT THIS ERROR......

Edited by laddi