• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

O2 keymap edits?

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was wondering if there was away to replace these key functions maybe through a reg hack

when i hold the end key: samsung shutdown program < s2sd.

when i hold down lock key: second lock screen!?! < ScreenOff.lnk or vise versa . ( i noticed that the lock key has two functions if i tap it i get s2u but if i hold it it launches both. Could this just be a glitch?)

Also is there away to change the hardware/cpu beep too? the loud "DINK" really gets annoying did on my i910 too

Sorry if you see alot of posts from me here soon noob O2 owner. I have been searching for an answer for a few things but so far nothing, this it seems has been asked a few time but never answered.

Edited by sh0rtyb

Posted

I was wondering if there was away to replace these key functions maybe through a reg hack

when i hold the end key: samsung shutdown program < s2sd.

when i hold down lock key: second lock screen!?! < ScreenOff.lnk or vise versa . ( i noticed that the lock key has two functions if i tap it i get s2u but if i hold it it launches both. Could this just be a glitch?)

Also is there away to change the hardware/cpu beep too? the loud "DINK" really gets annoying did on my i910 too

Sorry if you see alot of posts from me here soon noob O2 owner. I have been searching for an answer for a few things but so far nothing, this it seems has been asked a few time but never answered.

the slide2shutdown program cannot shut down your device. It will only turn off the screen. So remapping the end key is not advised.

When you hold the lock key, the program "LockScreen.exe" is run. AFAIK there are no reg hacks to remap this button, but you can change an exe to "LockScreen.exe" and have it run when you hold the lock key button.

The DINK I assume you are hearing is a notification for shutdown and uses the "Default.wav" for the sound. This wav file is used in many other places, so you could use a blank wav file in its place, but that would stop many other places from hearing this sound. Usually this sound is associated with things you've done wrong or places you've tapped that are not valid.

Posted

the slide2shutdown program cannot shut down your device. It will only turn off the screen. So remapping the end key is not advised.

When you hold the lock key, the program "LockScreen.exe" is run. AFAIK there are no reg hacks to remap this button, but you can change an exe to "LockScreen.exe" and have it run when you hold the lock key button.

The DINK I assume you are hearing is a notification for shutdown and uses the "Default.wav" for the sound. This wav file is used in many other places, so you could use a blank wav file in its place, but that would stop many other places from hearing this sound. Usually this sound is associated with things you've done wrong or places you've tapped that are not valid.

s2sd- wow.... I guess I never tried to just use shut down b4 your right it only suspends our device, looks to be the author needs help figuring out why too eh... bummer. I only use it for restarting my device but I could see the down side of having no shut down option ;p

I think I will try using VJBrisk to change my lockscreen.exe good to know thanx!

DINK! I wanna try to use a windows 7 error wav ill update my post after I have tried these edits amd your rock!