pagem2uk

Best earphones?

9 posts in this topic

What's the best earphones for the HD7? Want to make the most of the media features and no way am I using the ones boxed. Anyone recommend a good set and ideallly with inline controls?

What's the best earphones for the HD7? Want to make the most of the media features and no way am I using the ones boxed. Anyone recommend a good set and ideallly with inline controls?

+1 on that request.

+1 on that request.

+2

I'm using the ones from in the box, and they aren't bad. But I would like to upgrade soon, so look forward to hearing from others that have already made the investment.

+2

I'm using the ones from in the box, and they aren't bad. But I would like to upgrade soon, so look forward to hearing from others that have already made the investment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHS8000-00...1421&sr=8-8

I used the above on the HD2 and now on the HD7 and I have zero problems with them at all. Also use them when on the Mountain bike. Really great.

No need to waste money on really expensive earphones, while I'm not saying a pair of Tesco value earphones are all you should buy a £100+ pair is just a waste of money for a device that is not capable af making the most of what the earphones can do.

No need to waste money on really expensive earphones, while I'm not saying a pair of Tesco value earphones are all you should buy a £100+ pair is just a waste of money for a device that is not capable af making the most of what the earphones can do.

Yep, so I can get cheap headphones as opposed to Shure, but what about the requirement for inline controls. I see cheapish Logitech Ultimate Ears have controls but the websites just state they're iPhone compatible - who about WP7?

Anyone?

I would say it depends on the linouts for the earphones.

Technically they should work as I'm sure the iPhone uses a standard pinout, I actually use my Omnia2 earphones with a JVC extension cable and I'm more than happy with the sound.

I don't use inline controls though and technically these can affect the sound quality.

Vibra In-Ear Vibrating Earphones. Try this one. The effect is a bit strange but then you get used to it. :P And it is compatible with many smartphones.