[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest reluctant_traveller
Am i the only one that have a FC(android.process.acore) when i try to join two contacts manually???

Joining and splitting contacts works fine for me with respect to combining facebook and normal contact info.

What type of contacts are you trying to join?

Guest Hpman48

I've still have the issue on R7a with the SMS Application. It crashes when I tried sending a sms. May anyone knows how can i fix that ? I did not wipe the data, previous version was R6 with same issue.

Thanks Hpman48

Guest socialworker

@flibblesan:

Great ROM, easily the fastest and most stable 2.2 out there.

One question though: It seems like the ROM doesn't use the /system/bin/userinit.sh ?

I'm using it to redirect /cache to /data/cache as i repartitioned my phone.

Now bigger market apps fail to install, as cache is just too small to store them.

Is there another way of running boot scripts with your ROM? Any hints anybody?

Read only file system???

How would I fix this? (in simple terms please I know how to use adb and android commander but not much more)

I was trying to change some of the icons in the framework-res.apk file and it fails every time

i signed the apk with the platform keys but it still wouldn't do it

so I tried using adb and it came back failed "Read-only file system"

after watching the forum for the past few months i last night installed this rom the only problem i can find with it is the facebook sync its shows in my accounts as being setup to sync (i was expecting it to set and change my contacts pics) but it seems to do nothing

thanks flibblesan great rom ;)

Guest giorgitus
Joining and splitting contacts works fine for me with respect to combining facebook and normal contact info.

What type of contacts are you trying to join?

I'm tring to join the facebook contacts with the phone contacts(gmail). Most of them was joined automatically but when I try to join the others I've got the error immediately after I push the join button.

after watching the forum for the past few months i last night installed this rom the only problem i can find with it is the facebook sync its shows in my accounts as being setup to sync (i was expecting it to set and change my contacts pics) but it seems to do nothing

thanks flibblesan great rom ;)

When I first synced, I did not have pics either, but over the last 12 hrs, more of the contact pics have started showing up - perhaps the pic is 'pushed' to the phone when one of you contacts uses their facebook account to post, i.e. their update syncs your phone contact pics?

Hi Flib. Great work with the ROM! Absolutely the best ROM for the Blade. There is this one thing on R7a that I noticed. No biggie - In the Contacts app, the top of the contacts' photo gets clipped. The exact same as is shown here in this pic -

screenshot1hd.png

Paul's froyo had the same issue probably in R7 or R10, I'm not sure.

The Contacts app seems to be extremely sluggish and non-responsive though this might get resolved after some time of use. This is after all my contacts have synced, not before.

Edited by css771

Guest XStyhler

Nice and fast Rom.

I'm using R7a.

But I have a Problem with Mails.

My Mail Account won't sync. Always says wrong Password, but that's definitly correct.

Help please!

Greetz

XStyhler

Guest NickNuke33

Hey Fibblesan or anyone else that can help me,

I want to know if I can install version 'r7a' over 'r6 fixed by danz0l' (which I currently have installed) without wiping the data or cache?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks, Nick. ;)

Guest Simon O
Read only file system???

How would I fix this? (in simple terms please I know how to use adb and android commander but not much more)

I was trying to change some of the icons in the framework-res.apk file and it fails every time

i signed the apk with the platform keys but it still wouldn't do it

so I tried using adb and it came back failed "Read-only file system"

Yep, the system should always be read only for safety.

best way to make it read/write is to do

adb remount

first then access adb as normal.

Guest Simon O
@flibblesan:

Great ROM, easily the fastest and most stable 2.2 out there.

One question though: It seems like the ROM doesn't use the /system/bin/userinit.sh ?

I'm using it to redirect /cache to /data/cache as i repartitioned my phone.

Now bigger market apps fail to install, as cache is just too small to store them.

Is there another way of running boot scripts with your ROM? Any hints anybody?

The rom uses busybox runparts so any scripts need to be added to /system/etc/init.d/

Guest Simon O
Nice and fast Rom.

I'm using R7a.

But I have a Problem with Mails.

My Mail Account won't sync. Always says wrong Password, but that's definitly correct.

Confirmed. Will fix and release an update once I've done it.

Guest Simon O
Hi Flib. Great work with the ROM! Absolutely the best ROM for the Blade. There is this one thing on R7a that I noticed. No biggie - In the Contacts app, the top of the contacts' photo gets clipped. The exact same as is shown here in this pic -

screenshot1hd.png

Paul's froyo had the same issue probably in R7 or R10, I'm not sure.

The Contacts app seems to be extremely sluggish and non-responsive though this might get resolved after some time of use. This is after all my contacts have synced, not before.

I'm not happy with the contacts app myself so I'll look at resolving this. The contact photo bug has been around for a while. I 'think' it's caused by the border image so I'll look at trying to reduce the size of it.

Guest Shad555

Just discovered a bug - In the clock app I can't choose a different notification for the alarm feature.

I have tried another alarm apps and the same bug occurs.

UPDATE: Just tried again and the bug has disappeared.

Edited by Shad555

When I first synced, I did not have pics either, but over the last 12 hrs, more of the contact pics have started showing up - perhaps the pic is 'pushed' to the phone when one of you contacts uses their facebook account to post, i.e. their update syncs your phone contact pics?

i was only looking for the pics to change (all ready had pics on my contacts) after looking again the facebook status is now there so i removed the pics and the new facebook pics showed up

Guest whatcolour

@flibblesan:

great job, m8!!

it would be great if you can

- remove libjbmidpdy.so and libjbmidp.so from /system/lib, they are to do with j2me which is not installed and are relatively large in size (>5M)

- remove libwnn* from /system/lib, think they are to do with some sort of Japanese ime (saves you another 3M or so)

- fix the hdpi icons in CalendarProvider.apk

cheers

Guest Simon O
Just discovered a bug - In the clock app I can't choose a different notification for the alarm feature.

I have tried another alarm apps and the same bug occurs.

Just tried this and it let me select and save any of the other alarm sounds.

Guest Movisman

Hey Flibblesan,

I installed this last night plus your Gingerbread theme using Clockwork 3.0.0.5 (with a full wipe), and just want to say you've done an amazing job with this ROM - great work! Very stable and no major issues so far, you can definitely feel it's nippier than 2.1. Plus already I can see my battery is lasting better than it was with 2.1 FF.

I spotted a couple of things though, nothing major but thought it may help in case any are bugs:

1. I have my Facebook set to 'sync with existing contacts' (so people who have a phone number on Facebook but aren't in my google contacts do not display). In the contacts app this works and I have no issue. However when composing an SMS, when you start typing the recipients name in, all the facebook contacts appear in the results rather than just the google contacts? Does that make sense? Also, i'm not sure if this is the standard way the vanilla SMS app works, but I can only put in multiple recipients by inserting a comma manually, not a big issue though.

2. Touchpal still seems to be installed, although you said you'd removed it due to bugs in the app regarding the dictionary? Not sure if this is deliberate or not ;)

3. I installed Titanium Backup after flashing to restore a couple of apps, but it seemed to randomly freeze whilst in the middle of either restoring or deleting apps (the progress circle would just keep going round). I had already rebooted. However closing it with Task Manager and trying again would sort it, then it would hang up again. After a few reboots though, it seems to have sorted itself out now. Weird! You seen this before?

Many Thanks and cheers again for making an excellent ROM.

P.S. The in-inbuilt apps eg. Facebook, Note Pad, Barcode Scanner - will these update in the Market like any downloaded apps?

Guest Simon O
@flibblesan:

great job, m8!!

it would be great if you can

- remove libjbmidpdy.so and libjbmidp.so from /system/lib, they are to do with j2me which is not installed and are relatively large in size (>5M)

- remove libwnn* from /system/lib, think they are to do with some sort of Japanese ime (saves you another 3M or so)

- fix the hdpi icons in CalendarProvider.apk

cheers

Thank you. That'll help for when I make a TPT version of the rom.

Guest madboffin

Installed 7a from 6a (with a few apk apps removed that I don't use). Had to do a full wipe as it locked up on the boot screen.

First observations

1, Very impressive everything appears to work !

2. Airplane mode on woken lock screen still gives the incorrect" No SIM installed message" but this is just cosmetic !

Could I suggest that the Reboot option on the Phone options screen is provided as an "addon zip".

If you flash the 'phone for a "normal" "non-nerd" user and they accidentally select reboot rather off - there is a good chance they will be confused and probably think they have broken their 'phone. I

t really is a "power-user" function (although I agree with a previous poster that a power user will most likely be using adb !). I think it shouldn't really be a standard default in a flb rom where people as using their SF as a primary means of communicating.

I for one liked the ZTE start screen ;)

Tanks Fibblesan for your hard work on this enhanced ROM

Madboffin

I really appreciate seeing Giffgaff as my mobile operator, I know its cosmetic, but with other roms I was forever paranoid that I had somehow triggered a Roaming data connection.