[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

I've not updated yet (still R6 with all fixes applied manually and GB theme) but will update over the weekend.

Just wanted to post a big thank you to flibblesan for coming back to this.

For me R6 was perfect (can't remember if it was released on a Wednesday though), but I will keep installing the latest version of your ROM as it is much better than any of the others out there.

Guest custard80

Love the rom, tried it after JJ made it alarmingly hot and the battery draining before my eyes!

Real Noob question how do i install the gingerbread theme pack? Is it through recovery manager? and is is a firmware update?

Guest LordKickapoo
anyone else with a problem with titanium backup? i can't seem to open mine though i have rebooted my phone a few times.

other than that, this is an awesome ROM! well done!! ;)

I have this problem few times when installed a new rom....but it usually starts to work eventuallu. Mayby if you uninstall and clear titanium backup data? Also first and you could try to remove root access right from titanium backup

Is it possible to change default rom dialer with something "smarter"? I don't mind sing different apk but I would like to have it under ear phone icon on the home screen. Possible?

Guest Movisman
I have this problem few times when installed a new rom....but it usually starts to work eventuallu. Mayby if you uninstall and clear titanium backup data? Also first and you could try to remove root access right from titanium backup

Yep, I posted something similar to this a few pages back. After a few reboots it seems to have stopped freezing on me now when trying to restore a backup.

Guest Movisman
Hey Flibblesan,

I installed this last night plus your Gingerbread theme using Clockwork 3.0.0.5 (with a full wipe), and just want to say you've done an amazing job with this ROM - great work! Very stable and no major issues so far, you can definitely feel it's nippier than 2.1. Plus already I can see my battery is lasting better than it was with 2.1 FF.

I spotted a couple of things though, nothing major but thought it may help in case any are bugs:

1. I have my Facebook set to 'sync with existing contacts' (so people who have a phone number on Facebook but aren't in my google contacts do not display). In the contacts app this works and I have no issue. However when composing an SMS, when you start typing the recipients name in, all the facebook contacts appear in the results rather than just the google contacts? Does that make sense? Also, i'm not sure if this is the standard way the vanilla SMS app works, but I can only put in multiple recipients by inserting a comma manually, not a big issue though.

2. Touchpal still seems to be installed, although you said you'd removed it due to bugs in the app regarding the dictionary? Not sure if this is deliberate or not ;)

3. I installed Titanium Backup after flashing to restore a couple of apps, but it seemed to randomly freeze whilst in the middle of either restoring or deleting apps (the progress circle would just keep going round). I had already rebooted. However closing it with Task Manager and trying again would sort it, then it would hang up again. After a few reboots though, it seems to have sorted itself out now. Weird! You seen this before?

Many Thanks and cheers again for making an excellent ROM.

P.S. The in-inbuilt apps eg. Facebook, Note Pad, Barcode Scanner - will these update in the Market like any downloaded apps?

Hey Flibblesan,

Did you manage to make a note of the possible bugs from my post above? The SMS thing with facebook is unusual, although the method of selecting multiple contacts could be by design, i'm not sure.

Using this ROM today i've had a better chance to play about with it and it's been so much smoother and nicer than 2.1, awesome stuff. Great job indeed.

Edited by Movisman

Hi i have one question:

in messages used to be those cute android pictures ( and sometimes they were normal, sometimes on their head and so on ) for you and the one you are messaging to, but with this rom, that android picture only gets the person you are talking to and not me. for me there is only gray square ?

your phone need to know your number in settings-about phone-status (if it says unknown get the "My Phone Number" by Lytsing app from the market to add your number) then add your self to your phone book and give your self a pic and that pic will then show up

edit: there is a link for the app http://www.appbrain.com/app/my-phone-numbe...g.myphonenumber

Edited by gmc007

From what I can see so far it's an excellent rom

The only small thing that isn't even a problem is the lack of a T9 dialler - that would be just the icing on the cake

I'll have to look in the market for one

I just installed this r7a after wiping and after restarting once, I keep getting FC's when I try opening the Market. Is it the ROM or a general problem? :/

Guest RottenFoxBreath

Tried V7 with gingerbread theme again, wifi still not working, unless you go into wireless settings, and maybe just maybe it will connect.

Flashed V7a, and 7a gingerbread, same thing..wiped cache/factory reset, still no wifi, except in wireless settings, but it takes an age to connect.

went back to R6, works perfectly, reflashed V7a again, same thing, no wifi, unless in wireless settings, but it can take up to a minute to connect, seems to get stuck on "scanning" or "obtaining ip address"

Apart from that, it works well.

your phone need to know your number in settings-about phone-status (if it says unknown get the "My Phone Number" by Lytsing app from the market to add your number) then add your self to your phone book and give your self a pic and that pic will then show up

edit: there is a link for the app http://www.appbrain.com/app/my-phone-numbe...g.myphonenumber

thank you for your answer, i did that ( barcode scanner is so awesome ) and now works like a charm ;)

Guest x.balli.x
I'm making a note of these requests and bugs and I'll start work on them later tonight. At the moment I'm fixing the airplane mode text on the lock screen.

can you enable, menu button to wake up the phone?

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest yggdrasil31
Please try this newer Contacts.apk

flb_froyo_blade_r7a_contacts.zip

Flash in recovery then boot the phone. Try joining the contacts again please.

thank for the zip, i will try this when back at home tonight (i'm currently at work) and let you know the result as soon as possible

thanks for the support and this great rom !

Guest x.balli.x
No thanks! PITA, even if possible.

ok Fib can guide me if it has nothing to do with kernel, because thats the thing i cant do, if its sumthing in system or changing files thn i will do it myself

Guest 321_321
Anyone found a fix for the Market FC's?

On page 124:

Somebody else had that but they wiped and re-installed. Try going to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Market > then press 'Force Stop' followed by 'Clear data'. Reboot the phone and open market again. Agree to the terms and it may be OK.

And that answer was today! Try reading / searching first...

There are only a couple of pages since the release of this version of the rom.

Edited by 321_321

Ok here is my noticed bug to add to the mix ;)

My contacts app on previous 2.2 roms had when you edit a contact; a section at the bottom called 'more'

The toggle icon to open up 'more' is now an angry android icon and the section for adding a birthday has vanished.

Birthday entries have however now appeared in the actual contact card (below email address), which I love, but can't edit it :D

Anyone else use Birthdays and noticed this?

Great to see the data toggle back in r7a tho I think i prefer the old icon style for gps (the sat dish)

No problems so far with anything else ;) loving the rom

Guest Simon O
Ok here is my noticed bug to add to the mix ;)

My contacts app on previous 2.2 roms had when you edit a contact; a section at the bottom called 'more'

The toggle icon to open up 'more' is now an angry android icon and the section for adding a birthday has vanished.

Birthday entries have however now appeared in the actual contact card (below email address), which I love, but can't edit it :D

Anyone else use Birthdays and noticed this?

Great to see the data toggle back in r7a tho I think i prefer the old icon style for gps (the sat dish)

No problems so far with anything else ;) loving the rom

Try flashing the contacts file posted two pages back here

Edited by flibblesan