[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Argh bloody forum broke the link. I've reposted it using bit.ly ;)

Anyway I'm getting through the bugs. lockscreen correctly shows airplane mode is on ;)

Edited by flibblesan

Anyway I'm getting through the bugs. lockscreen correctly shows airplane mode is on ;)

Hey fibblesan seems like your really doing something right with this ROM :D is it worth updating to R7a now or should I wait out for your next release?

Guest whatcolour

Fab! Any chance to get rid of them little annoying smiley in Call Log when using GB theme?

Fab! Any chance to get rid of them little annoying smiley in Call Log when using GB theme?

Now those I don't see.

I'm using the GB for FroYo 7a

Maybe that's what stuffed mine up.....

Edited by Fi5h

Guest Simon O
Hey Flibblesan,

Did you manage to make a note of the possible bugs from my post above? The SMS thing with facebook is unusual, although the method of selecting multiple contacts could be by design, i'm not sure.

Using this ROM today i've had a better chance to play about with it and it's been so much smoother and nicer than 2.1, awesome stuff. Great job indeed.

The Facebook issue I suspect is caused by having all contacts synced to your phone. The messaging app by design doesn't have an easy way to select multiple contacts.

Awesome ROM so far gona give it a good run through and then stick it on the other half phone too, she insists i test it first before putting it on hers, fussy thing wheres the fun in that ;)

Only prob i have found so far is that Flibblesan has not put up a donate button :D really want to give ya something for your work m8 you deserve it ;)

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Just to clear a few issues up, as a lot of people are not bothering to read previous posts.

1. If you're having an issue with the market FCing, or force closing, you installed the gingerbread theme after the r7a update without rebooting. You'll need to wipe and reflash, as far as I'm aware, there's no way to get around this.

2. To get T9/smart dialing/"that dialer from r5" install Dialer One from the market, it does all the features you're looking for.

I personally updated from R6 to R7a without wiping and have had zero issues. Most issues come from people forgetting to reboot before installing the gingerbread theme.

Guest MrBelter
In the messaging app press menu then settings. Scroll down to Extra settings and fine Custom User-Agent. Change it from default to any of the others. Nokia N95 usually works best.

Tar mate, i have been using handcent but ill give the default app a go with the user agent changed.

Guest yggdrasil31
Please try this newer Contacts.apk

flb_froyo_blade_r7a_contacts.zip

Flash in recovery then boot the phone. Try joining the contacts again please.

Test successfully passed thanks a lot

Just to let you know, the reboot option seemed to work after a fresh install but something i've installed today must have broken it again... looking for what it might be

Anyway thanks for your help !

Edited by yggdrasil31

Guest ChundaMars

Here's an odd one for you - I have AppBrain installed, and used to use the AppBrain widget on one of my homescreens. However, the widget no longer appears as an option, although the app is still installed. Could this have something to do with the new widget picker included in R7a?

Also, +1 for the requests for a donate button. You deserve it Flibblesan

Guest ^Active^

Hello guys , am new to this forum and i want to make a quick question BUT before of that i want to thank you for this awsome rom mate keep it up!!!

I have search this post but i couldnt find instructions (maybe i didnt looked enough?) how to update from r6 to r7a can it be done with clockwork recovery and how? and do you need to make a backup before of this update? will it wipe all my programs?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Guest Shad555
First of all great ROM, quick and stable which is great ;).

One issue since upgrading from r7 to r7a - The bug which seems to knock the network signal when WiFi is activated has appeared to rear its ugly head again (at least on my phone).

Putting the phone to sleep and back fixes the issue until the WiFi is re-activated.

UPDATE: Tried again and the bug has not appeared, will report if it happens again and see what record of events cause the bug to happen (*fingers crossed* it doesn't happen again).

This still seems to be happening, although it is not as frequent as r6. It happens when the WiFi re-connects from sleep, but it does not happen every time... which is odd.

Guest Kthulhu
Hello guys , am new to this forum and i want to make a quick question BUT before of that i want to thank you for this awsome rom mate keep it up!!!

I have search this post but i couldnt find instructions (maybe i didnt looked enough?) how to update from r6 to r7a can it be done with clockwork recovery and how? and do you need to make a backup before of this update? will it wipe all my programs?

Thanks in advance

Michael

You can use clockwork and ALWAYS do a backup before installing any mod/rom...but before please one of the many guide for beginers in the forum.

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Thanks in advance

Michael

I mentioned this about 3 or 4 posts behind yours, on the same page, though, tbf, I didn't mention that it can simply be done with clockwork. Should work fine, and it won't wipe all your programs as long as you don't wipe the cache and user data.

Guest ^Active^
I mentioned this about 3 or 4 posts behind yours, on the same page, though, tbf, I didn't mention that it can simply be done with clockwork. Should work fine, and it won't wipe all your programs as long as you don't wipe the cache and user data.

Thanks alot mate ( i might be blind lol )

;)

Guest Chris_M
One thing I've noticed on R7a is that when I view my battery use (Menu / Settings / About phone / Battery use), Android System always shows up at between 80 and 100%.

This was also an issue on FLB R6a. As a comparison, I tried loading Seb's de-crossed ROM, and the battery stats were back to normal (roughly 30% Cell Standby, 30% Phone Idle and 5% Android System).

Is no-one else seeing this problem?