[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Blasphemous
r8 uploaded and released on the first page.

r7 users can upgrade to r8 without wiping

r6 users must have the contacts caller ID fix to upgrade to r8. If you don't then you will have to wipe and install fresh.

Any force closes after upgrading - wipe.

Backup before installing.

(just realised I look like I'm talking to myself with 4 posts...)

I've got the 'fixed' R6 (the one with the fixes applied by danz0l), does that mean I can upgrade without wiping?

Guest Simon O
Help needed.

I installed the r7a version. It went well. I checked the size and everything and they are fine. It even boots to numlock screen. But when I try to open numlock my problem starts.

First comes window saying "Sorry! Process system is not responding" And option is "Force close" or "Wait". If I wait or force close it start popping up more "Sorry!" windows saying "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again." Option is "Force close". Then there's another window saying "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly". Then there's one last windows saying The Application setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly."

When I click force close to everything, it just pops them up again. I can only turn my phone off and nothing else.

Need help! D :

What exactly have you done to install the rom please? My rom doesn't have the setup wizard installed so it seems like you may have tried to install an extra update?

Which rom have you upgraded from, if any? Did you wipe?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
I've got the 'fixed' R6 (the one with the fixes applied by danz0l), does that mean I can upgrade without wiping?

Yes, you should be fine to upgrade with that.

Guest Bananazx
What exactly have you done to install the rom please? My rom doesn't have the setup wizard installed so it seems like you may have tried to install an extra update?

Which rom have you upgraded from, if any? Did you wipe?

Trying to update from normal shop version of 2.1. I used Clockwork recovery 3.0.0.5. And Wiped.

And I don't think I did anything to install rom. I just downloaded it. Moved to SD card and installed.

Edited by Bananazx

Guest BillBong

Wow, the updates are coming quick and fast on this. I'm going to to do a wipe/clean install over JJ6 - is there any way of installing this as an TPT/image or do I need to repartition as a separate step first and then install through clockwork.

Guest Simon O
Wow, the updates are coming quick and fast on this. I'm going to to do a wipe/clean install over JJ6 - is there any way of installing this as an TPT/image or do I need to repartition as a separate step first and then install through clockwork.

Remove the following files from the zip:

/system/app/Facebook.apk

/system/app/Listen.apk

/system/app/Maps.apk

/system/app/Quickoffice.apk

/system/app/Twitter.apk

that'll get the installed system down to 115MB which should fit the JJ TPT size. I'm also uploading a slimmer down zip for use by people with resized partitions.

Guest jimbobvfr400
that'll get the installed system down to 115MB which should fit the JJ TPT size. I'm also uploading a slimmer down zip for use by people with resized partitions.

Awesome that answers my questions without needing to even ask.

The JJ TPT uses a different recovery than clockwork, does this work OK with your ROM? I'm itching to go back to FLB as IMO its easily the best Froyo ROM but really like the extra space from repartitioning

Edited by jimbobvfr400

Guest BillBong
Remove the following files from the zip:

/system/app/Facebook.apk

/system/app/Listen.apk

/system/app/Maps.apk

/system/app/Quickoffice.apk

/system/app/Twitter.apk

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response. I assume I can download/install Maps from the market afterwards.

Went without wipe from R7a to R8. The elongated user icons in Contacts.apk still exist after flashing the R8 GB theme. It's all right in the stock theme. The frameworkres in the R8 GB theme may need some editing.

Guest Simon O

Slim version added to the first page for those that don't want to or can't delete files from a ZIP

The JJ TPT uses a different recovery than clockwork, does this work OK with your ROM? I'm itching to go back to FLB as IMO its easily the best Froyo ROM but really like the extra space from repartitioning

It should work with Amon_RA recovery.

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response. I assume I can download/install Maps from the market afterwards.

Yes. Google Maps is available in the Android Market.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Went without wipe from R7a to R8. The elongated user icons in Contacts.apk still exist after flashing the R8 GB theme. It's all right in the stock theme. The frameworkres in the R8 GB theme may need some editing.

Yep it's a framework issue. Need Frankish to update them.

Guest Len Ash

So far so good. Installed without wipe over R7a. Everything retained and no FCs

No issues, email app has got rid of the awful effort in R7a with variable but not save-able account colours.... amongst other funnies.

GPS is certainly faster to acquire and has no weird initial location...

I'm really not keen on the awful "Zedge" /Media files in this ROM, so swapped them out, and also modded build.prop to include wifi.interface=wlan0 and un-comment out hw accel but kept it set to false, and added/deleted apps to my own preference as you do....

Nice one.

Is it not better to download the slim version and just install the apps you want? That way if a newer version comes you can update? The only con is that you will use more room up but with App2SD that doesn't matter anyway

Guest wishmasterf
When he publishes his code changes to github and I am 100% sure that the changes don't break anything else or even the stock FM Radio application.

I used that changes for a while now and cant find any problems.

Guest Bananazx

Downloaded the r8 and still the same.

I installed the r7a version. It went well. I checked the size and everything and they are fine. It even boots to numlock screen. But when I try to open numlock my problem starts.

First comes window saying "Sorry! Process system is not responding" And option is "Force close" or "Wait". If I wait or force close it start popping up more "Sorry!" windows saying "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again." Option is "Force close". Then there's another window saying "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly". Then there's one last windows saying The Application setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly."

When I click force close to everything, it just pops them up again. I can only turn my phone off and nothing else

Guest DrEzkimo
Just upgraded from vanilla r6! thanks for your hardwork flibblesan

did you wipe as im about to do the same on partners phone and shes sad about wiping it all gone

Guest jimbobvfr400
Slim version added to the first page for those that don't want to or can't delete files from a ZIP

It should work with Amon_RA recovery.

Just flashed using Amon_RA and can confirm it works fine.

Will report back later first impressions.