[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

All good so far in terms of speed. However - a couple of issues.

Getting no data over GSM (no sign of H, G etc icons). Set network to T-Mob and chose T-Mob APN and rebooted without luck. "A network error has occurred" messages only :-(

WiFi signal strength icon is also missing after initially being present. WiFi icon with cross through it shows despite the connection being there (I can browse).

Guest Blasphemous

Any idea why signature isn't showing when sending email flibblesan? I've just loaded R8 from Fixed R6. I had to re-enter my email settings (no biggy). Email works fine but I've tried to enter a signature (Sent from my Android), and press ok but it's not sending emails with the signature attached.

Guest Simon O
i did yep

Ah you must have managed to download the rom the first time I uploaded it and realised I forgot to add the caller id fix. Download the rom again when I finish uploading, wipe and flash. It'll be fine then.

Guest DrEzkimo
Ah you must have managed to download the rom the first time I uploaded it and realised I forgot to add the caller id fix. Download the rom again when I finish uploading, wipe and flash. It'll be fine then.

ok cool thanks I can sleep now :P

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i hope i didn't get this problem... i just installed all my apps >_> i downloaded the ROM near 11pm

Edited by toge64

Guest Simon O
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i hope i didn't get this problem... i just installed all my apps >_> i downloaded the ROM near 11pm

Download this fix and flash it in recovery. Then download the rom again and flash it to your phone. No need to wipe. it'll fix the caller ID issue for you.

Contactsfix.zip

Guest jimbobvfr400

Yep me too. made my ownslim version for TPT. Just came on to report the contact names thing had come back.

Is it possible to fix this without wiping like I believe it was on R6

Edit: posted at same time as your reply, thanks flashing now

Edited by jimbobvfr400

Guest Simon O
How do i upgrade from r6 to r8 and keep all my apps?

Flash the ROM using recovery. It won't delete your apps

All good so far in terms of speed. However - a couple of issues.

Getting no data over GSM (no sign of H, G etc icons). Set network to T-Mob and chose T-Mob APN and rebooted without luck. "A network error has occurred" messages only :-(

WiFi signal strength icon is also missing after initially being present. WiFi icon with cross through it shows despite the connection being there (I can browse).

Did you wipe before installing?

Any idea why signature isn't showing when sending email flibblesan? I've just loaded R8 from Fixed R6. I had to re-enter my email settings (no biggy). Email works fine but I've tried to enter a signature (Sent from my Android), and press ok but it's not sending emails with the signature attached.

Just tested this and the signature was automatically inserted into the message. The email was sent fine :s

Guest adamguest1985

Firstly, thanks for this. Easily my fave 2.2 ROM. Few niggles I've noticed though...

I cant change voicemail number in settings. I'm on O2 and it just says it's unable to change 443 to 901.

Chnging the exposure doesn't seem to make a difference in the camera app.

Haptic feedback doesn't work.

SoundRecorder wants renaming to Sound Recorder.

And the System tutorial in settings, about, doesn't do anything.

Aside from those, all seems good to me at first glance.

Aside from my wifi not synching mails and tweets in sleep mode, but it'll be a cold day in hell before that works on any ROM I guess.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks again.

Did you wipe before installing?

Yes I did. Was previously on JJ9. Wiped every cache and setting going and reformatted card.

WiFi and icons worked perfectly until I switched off WiFi for the 1st time.

Still no data and if I'm honest, very low signal strength where I usually get a good one.

Guest Chris_M
Firstly, thanks for this. Easily my fave 2.2 ROM. Few niggles I've noticed though...

I cant change voicemail number in settings. I'm on O2 and it just says it's unable to change 443 to 901.

Chnging the exposure doesn't seem to make a difference in the camera app.

Haptic feedback doesn't work.

SoundRecorder wants renaming to Sound Recorder.

And the System tutorial in settings, about, doesn't do anything.

Aside from those, all seems good to me at first glance.

Aside from my wifi not synching mails and tweets in sleep mode, but it'll be a cold day in hell before that works on any ROM I guess.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks again.

I can confirm the Voicemail, SoundRecorder and System Tutorial niggles. But haptic feedback works fine for me.

Guest adamguest1985
Ok guys, I'll work on these in the morning.

Thanks pal. Will let you know if I spot anything else.

Can I add apk files to the zip the same way I remove them before flashing? Always seems to mess up the rom. I must be doing something wrong.

Guest Simon O
Thanks pal. Will let you know if I spot anything else.

Can I add apk files to the zip the same way I remove them before flashing? Always seems to mess up the rom. I must be doing something wrong.

What are you trying to add to the rom? Some files may have libs that need installing into /system/lib/ or they will crash.

Guest Simon O

The system tutorial option relys on latinIMEtutorial.apk and the original Android keyboard. Apparently it's just a tutorial for the keyboard...

Removed from most custom roms so.. it's gone.

Haptic feedback works in the keryboard when you enable it but doesnt' appear to work system wide unless an application specifically enables it. Need to look at this more.

losing mobile data when wifi off isn't something I can replicate myself. Check your APN settings and try selecting different APN then select the correct one after.

Guest Simon O

I've uploaded a fix for r8 which will remove the broken tutorial option from Settings, fix voicemail for O2 customers, rename Sound Recorder and fix ContactsProvider.apk for people who had the caller ID bug. As part of the fix it will remove the contacts database so you will need to sync your contacts again.

In the morning I will upload r8a with these fixes already in place.

Guest bazzarooney
I've uploaded a fix for r8 which will remove the broken tutorial option from Settings, fix voicemail for O2 customers, rename Sound Recorder and fix ContactsProvider.apk for people who had the caller ID bug. As part of the fix it will remove the contacts database so you will need to sync your contacts again.

Flib,

I'd just like to say a really big thank you for all your hard work making this the best ROM available. I have version 6 (fixed) installed and it has been rock solid with no problems whatsoever. It's so good, I've given the phone to my girlfriend to play with and she loves it.

Once again mate, thanks very much.

Bazza.

Hi flibble, the new GB theme fixed the contacts icons. Thanks for all your hard work on this. Just one thing.. Is there any way you can replace the auto-sync toggle with the data toggle on the power control widget as in R7.

Guest Chris_M

Now I feel guilty for keeping you awake all night!

Thanks for all the work you've put into this - it's really appreciated.

losing mobile data when wifi off isn't something I can replicate myself. Check your APN settings and try selecting different APN then select the correct one after.

Have checked APN. Added a custom one. Rebooted and returned to defaults - same issue. Switching to 2G networks only gives me a better signal but still no data. I'm in London so 3G isn't an issue where I am. Very odd.

I've removed WiFi Status so now, with WiFi on, whilst it works, there is no indication it is on at all (No signal strength icon)

Will try the 8a version later :-(

Thanks for your efforts.

Edited by Guest

Guest Blasphemous

Just for your info flibblesan, I'm on O2 and my voicemail number is the correct one. I came from Fixed R6 to R8. On the 'Signature not showing in emails' issue I reported last night, it would seem the phone needed a reboot as the signature is now showing in emails! :P I'm not Android expert guys (I'm a Windows Mob convert), but I wonder if some of the issues 'might' be solved with a reboot? Just a suggestion.

Cannot comment on battery life so far but love the Gingerbread 'Battery Circle' in Frankins Theme. Also, I'm a big T9 fan, this rom only includes the Gingerbread Keyboard. I've never used it before but having used my wife's iPhone I find it very similar to that. So far I must say it's winning me over from T9....... I NEVER thought I say that!!!!!

So to recap, even though I'm on O2 I do not need any of the 'fixes' not sure why. Perhaps it's due to coming from 'FIXED R6'?

Anyway, hope that helps some.

As ever, Lovin your work flibblesan.

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest mantokoski

Hey flibblesan, are you aware of this cosmetic glitch. When display is off and I turn it on, the app that was last used flashes quickly before the time and lockscreen comes on, or the screen flickers a bit if no app was previously used. Other Saunalahti Blade users have also reported this. It was in r6 and now in r8 (+r8fix). Is it possible to fix it.

I already noticed new Full timestamps option in Messaging. Yay! But where is the setting for SMS center number? I still haven't found it.

Edited by mantokoski