[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Giuliano69

I received the second zte with flb r6, and want to upgrade to r8a.

BUT I like a lot the Gingerberd keybord I'm using in JJR9.

Installing the "Gingerberd" theme, makes the keyboard change ?

Is there any other way to change the keybord to the 2.3 version ?

Guest dadashi
I succeeded, you can also try but first in clockwork make wipe dalvik-cache....

Ummm, sorry for noobie question but how do I delete "dalvik cache"`?

From Clockwork Menu? Will I have do a new setup in the new rom?

Guest feckineejit

to wipe dalvik cache go to clockwork recovery>advanced>wipe dalvik cache

to wipe dalvik cache go to clockwork recovery>advanced>wipe dalvik cache

and dalvik cache is automatically generated at bootup. It's a temporary system store.

Guest dadashi
and dalvik cache is automatically generated at bootup. It's a temporary system store.

so I can Install FLB-R8a without having to wipe any thing first from the JallyFish R9?

so I can Install FLB-R8a without having to wipe any thing first from the JallyFish R9?

You can try! but no one guaranteed to be working properly, and maybe you will need to make full wipe...

well, you should do a nandroid backup - because it could work without a wipe, but it's not guaranteed that it will.

if there are any bugs you should not complain here before trying it with a wipe which could solve them.

but backups are really easy with titanium backup and SMSBackup+ - then you could wipe and prevent incompatibilites.

Guest Simon O

Ok since a few of the fixes I'm working on are going to take longer than I expected I've uploaded a little treat for everyone.

Overclocked Kernel :P

By default the kernel won't run any quicker than 600MHz. You will need to either install SetCPU or edit the script located in /system/init.d/80overclock

The script is straight forward. Uncomment the max speed you want then comment the previous setting. However (and very important)...

SETTING A SPEED IN THIS SCRIPT HIGHER THAN YOUR BLADE CAN HANDLE WILL MEAN YOU PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO BOOT INTO ANDROID AGAIN

well, at least until you delete the script using adb.

So best thing to do is to install SetCPU and test your phone. My phone can only run at 724MHz max.. any higher causes lock ups. You might be able to run quicker, it's up to you to test.

Please do not push your phone to the maximum speed then complain that the kernel crashes your phone. It's not the kernel, it's you pushing the cpu too hard. Some phones won't be able to overclock as high as others so you need to test.

The overclock code is by kallt_kaffe and also implements his AHB overclocking. AHB only kicks in at speeds higher than 600MHz, same as on JJ.

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/HFIBAC8B0N

Flash using your recovery image.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest davelong
I received the second zte with flb r6, and want to upgrade to r8a.

BUT I like a lot the Gingerberd keybord I'm using in JJR9.

Installing the "Gingerberd" theme, makes the keyboard change ?

Is there any other way to change the keybord to the 2.3 version ?

I haven't changed the theme to gingerbread but today market updated my gingerbread keyboard to 2.3 on its own.

Dave

Guest targetbsp

Thanks for the overclocking! I'll try that shortly. The script is going to be handy. The unreliability of the super user app makes using setcpu to set a speed on startup a bit annoying!

Guest The Soup Thief
Ok since a few of the fixes I'm working on are going to take longer than I expected I've uploaded a little treat for everyone.

Overclocked Kernel :huh:

By default the kernel won't run any quicker than 600MHz. You will need to either install SetCPU or edit the script located in /system/init.d/80overclock

The script is straight forward. Uncomment the max speed you want then comment the previous setting. However (and very important)...

SETTING A SPEED IN THIS SCRIPT HIGHER THAN YOUR BLADE CAN HANDLE WILL MEAN YOU PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO BOOT INTO ANDROID AGAIN

So best thing to do is to install SetCPU and test your phone. My phone can only run at 724MHz max.. any higher causes lock ups. You might be able to run quicker, it's up to you to test.

Please do not push your phone to the maximum speed then complain that the kernel crashes your phone. It's not the kernel, it's you pushing the cpu too hard. Some phones won't be able to overclock as high as others so you need to test.

The overclock code is by kallt_kaffe and also implements his AHB overclocking. AHB only kicks in at speeds higher than 600MHz, same as on JJ.

Very interesting indeed!

Will wait for the weekend so I can play with this a bit

TBH, underclocking for a longer battery life is more my kinda thing, but I'll keep an open mind :P

Thanks again for all your very hard work Flib

EDIT - couldn't resist! I'm on a go-slo, chuggin along at 245mhz!

Recalibrated the battery earlier on too, so I'm hoping for a good week and a half between charges! :D

Incidentally, see how you need to recalibrate when you install a new ROM - anyone know if it makes any difference when changing clock speed?

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest fredewis

ohhhh because it was enabled in jjr9 and i did see the difference in some games now they seem to lag a bit on flb r8...do you think a zip can be put up as an option if not present on the available kernel.

thanks mate.

Edited by fredewis

Guest Simon O
ohhhh because it was enabled in jjr9 and i did see the difference in some games seem seem to lag a bit on flb r8...do you think a zip can be put up as an option if not.

thanks mate.

Yeah I'll check the config and build another kernel with swap enabled as an extra.

Guest ovolactohippo
I know Google Listen is included in this ROM, but does that mean it is working properly for people?

I've always had issues with Listen on my San Francisco - it seems to have issues managing downloads and playing files. I've read about others that have issues with Listen on SF as well. I never had problems with it on a previous android phone I had (with the same set of podcasts subscribed to), so I don't know what could be causing the issue. Stagefright being disabled?

Just flashed r8a after using Seb's de-crossed for a while... was hoping that Listen was back working again (works on de-crossed) but sadly the same issue as on many other roms (which wasn't present in the early releases of FLB) - still will only allow one downloaded file at a time (anything that was downloaded goes back to "waiting" as soon as you try to download another).

First impressions are that it is lovely and smooth - but I would dearly love a fix for Listen! :P

Edited by ovolactohippo

Guest Rotmann

Overclocked Kernel :P

*drool*

Could you share your opinions on this? Is it significantly faster in day-to-day or gaming? Can you feel it? What effect does it have on the benchmarks and on the battery?

Guest Simon O
*drool*

Could you share your opinions on this? Is it significantly faster in day-to-day or gaming? Can you feel it? What effect does it have on the benchmarks and on the battery?

I dont use overlocked kernel at all. I tested it for a few hours and it seemed to make some difference in games. fruit ninja was a bit smoother, for example.

Guest Redflake

Think the fc's in settings sound volume and I was also getting fc's in display brightness must have been down tp the zte settings zip you posted, I downloaded to get the data toggle and got the fc's. Just did a clean install of r8a and all ok again. So dosn't look like a rom problem.

Hi Flib...

just fyi - i installed r8a - I notice in version its only saying r8.

Also what happened to that nice little wifi not connected icon.. seems to have reverted back to the black n red clunk..

Thanks for your hard work dude.. its very much appreciado

Guest robot1000

I want to move over from Jellyfish, but I've installed the partition change and so I just want to know whether the large FLB ROM on the OP is compatible with the smaller partition size?

Guest socialworker

@robot1000:

No, it isn't, that's why there is a 'Slim version for TPT users' just 2 lines below.

Use this one, be happy.

@flib:

Great effort with the oc-kernel, freaking fast, hands down the best ROM for the blade available!

I want to move over from Jellyfish, but I've installed the partition change and so I just want to know whether the large FLB ROM on the OP is compatible with the smaller partition size?

Read the thread, this was answered a few times just after r7 was released, It involves omitting some apps from the ROM.