[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Question: if I add another Dialer app from Market - how can I prevent the original one from starting up again?

I think the problem is not in Dialer application. Even if you completely remove it, you will still see "Dialer" using system resources. On the other hand, deleting /system/Phone.apk "solves" that issue. I put it in quotes, because if you delete that file, you will lose phone functionality (phone will not ask SIM PIN and/or connect to any GSM network). So maybe someone needs to take a look at that file. I tried to look at it, but it does not seem to work after recompiling.

Edited by MDCFan

Guest AndyHibberd
hello,

i have a problem with wifi. wifi does not auto login into my home wifi sometimes. in this case i have to reactivite wifi an then it automaticly reconnect. what can i do?

The WiFi is a problem across the Blade device, not ROM specific.

Download an app called San Francisco wifi fix or something, it's the one I use and is very good.

Guest RussellD

I wonder if anyone could help me please?

In rom manager when I'm trying to "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" it asks me to confirm my phone model but only gives the options "Huawei Pulse Mini, Dell Streak, Huawei Pulse and Commtiva Z71 (Boston, and more)".

Anyone know which one I should pick please?

I wonder if anyone could help me please?

In rom manager when I'm trying to "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" it asks me to confirm my phone model but only gives the options "Huawei Pulse Mini, Dell Streak, Huawei Pulse and Commtiva Z71 (Boston, and more)".

Anyone know which one I should pick please?

None. You need to do it another way. http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/

Guest popoyaya
NICE!!!!

Installed this right over my gbforum froyo rom without wiping anything..... so far no problems.... Cheers Fibblesan!!!

Can you see any significant differences between the two? Just wondering if there are any improvements that would make it worthwhile?

Guest bugeyes
Can you see any significant differences between the two? Just wondering if there are any improvements that would make it worthwhile?

well for me two essentials tvcatchup and myplayer sound works in both now........too early to say other, tho i have ripped out three apps .

wavescure, rom manager and photo bucket

Guest mikeyp7771
The WiFi is a problem across the Blade device, not ROM specific.

Download an app called San Francisco wifi fix or something, it's the one I use and is very good.

You must mean blade wifi fix. It does the job nicely. :rolleyes:

Gutted flash dont work on this, will pass for now. Unless there are any other major benefits over Modaco R4.

Edited by mikeyp7771

Guest The Soup Thief

Flibblesan - you rock like no other!

Really impressed at how slick the process of flashing this has just been

Just getting to grips with Froyo - v exciting

One problem though - and a few people through this thread have had the same issue, though plainly not everyone - Titanium Backup hangs while trying to get Root Rights

...hold on - while writing the above I rebooted and it's now opening Titanium Backup, but gives the error "Sorry, I could not acquire root privelleges..." etc "...please verify that your rom is rooted and includes busybox and try again."

Hit "problems" button, got busybox and it's just installed fine

There - I just learned something :huh: - hope someone else finds that helpful :rolleyes:

Cheers Flib et al

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest tronads

I have installed this rom without too many issues, but the one that is annoying me is Fancy Widgets no longer shows the weather. I use the old one that was pulled from the marketplace (but is froyo compatible), but in its settings there is a "select weather application" option, but there is nothing to select.

I have tried downloading the latest version of Fancy Widget from the marketplace, but that has the same issue, no weather.

If I run the news app, I am getting the weather and location straight away.

Anyone know whats up with it ?

Guest bugeyes
I have installed this rom without too many issues, but the one that is annoying me is Fancy Widgets no longer shows the weather. I use the old one that was pulled from the marketplace (but is froyo compatible), but in its settings there is a "select weather application" option, but there is nothing to select.

I have tried downloading the latest version of Fancy Widget from the marketplace, but that has the same issue, no weather.

If I run the news app, I am getting the weather and location straight away.

Anyone know whats up with it ?

set your weather with a fixed location not gps first, i've heard that once you get a full lock you can then set gps locations and all should be fine

Guest tronads
set your weather with a fixed location not gps first, i've heard that once you get a full lock you can then set gps locations and all should be fine

You beauty...that worked a treat, thanks !

Guest tronads
Anyway to get around the market 3G issue? I don't have a data plan is all. Do you think this will be fixed in later releases?

Perhaps you could borrow a mates sim for a few minutes to get that first connection ?

Guest MrHicks

Only a minor issue - In the camera app I'm getting equally spaced parallel black lines in the view finder display, but these do not show up in images taken by the camera. These black lines are also present in some YouTube videos but are thinner and closer together.

Possibly another stagefright.so issue?

Guest fluxcapacitor

Installed ok but like a few others I'm having problems with titanium backup (PRO)

On first run it asked for root, then as I tried to restore apps it rebooted the phone

On 2nd run it just Hung at waiting for root.

I downloaded and installed universal androot latest beta (earlier version didn't work)

Rooted again, ran superuser app and removed titanium then reran titanium and it worked...

But then it rebooted phone before restoring any app, but after the reboot it would still run titanium again without doing the above

Guest StevenHarperUK
Is their a way to get rid of the orange wizard at first boot?

would that be the setup wizard apk?

In 2.1 its a boolean (Yes/No) setting in

/system/build.props

Maybe if its in 2.2 you can change them to be disabled

Open the ZIP, change the file - then flash

ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLE
ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=0[/code]

Post if it works please

Edited by StevenHarperUK

In 2.1 its a boolean (Yes/No) setting in

/system/build.props

Maybe if its in 2.2 you can change them to be disabled

Open the ZIP, change the file - then flash

ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=0

Post if it works please

ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=0

They are not in the file.

This rom only lets me have gprs, says under mobile network type, exact same apn as i had before on all other roms and i got 3g+.