[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest rochitka

FYI - not sure if it has already been mentioned re: release 6, but just in case it hasn't, am experiencing the good ol' wifi disconnecting when asleep bug in r6

Fix for Wifi not re-connecting after sleep

Flash in recovery.

wpa_supplicant is the daemon that deals with wireless handshakes (amongst other things)

The handshake was failing. This is wpa_supplicant from another rom that works.

John

just tried this fix, will report back if it works for me.

Guest The Soup Thief

Installed FLB r6 on Sunday - all seems lovely and smooth, except for a lot of wifi failures to reconnect on waking, so I've just installed jonuwz's fix

Initial signs are promising (before installing the fix I checked the failure to reconnect was reliably reproducible - it was - every time the phone woke from sleep the wifi would fail to reconnect). Since installing it I've done the same procedure half a dozen times and it's reconnecting every time

I've thought this was sorted on previous ROMs only to have problems reappear later, so I'll check back in again and amend this post if problems arise, but for now I can say that applying this fix has definitely led to an improvement at this stage

Edit - I see below that it didn't work for toge64 - it's still going great guns for me

Will get back to you if problems arise

Cheers

Edited by The Soup Thief

WiFi patch (wpa_supplicant) kills WiFi altogether - which ROM is it from?

How did you apply it?

For it to completely kill wifi its probably a permission thimg.

It has to be executable and owned by wifi.shell

Guest Frankish

Just updated my theme thread for this rom. All my variants of Gingerbread themes (black menu's, circle batteries, blue gingerbread) are all uploaded againa nd actually working this time.

Other themes will follow. Tomorrow afternoon finish at latest.

Guest steff.jay

i love this rom :P B)

just heard to music two hours (no screen on) and the battery lost 2% (!!!)

over the night, i almost loose 3%, within 8hours :P

but one issue left for me:

AGPs isn't working as accurate as it was on r2a. WiFi on/3G off = 200meters // WiFi off/3G on = 2000meters

GPS (navigation) is OK so far, but was also better in r2a

thanks fible... damn impressed :D

Guest Len Ash
How did you apply it?

For it to completely kill wifi its probably a permission thimg.

It has to be executable and owned by wifi.shell

Ah - I will try that - I pushed it via ADB! Also explains why when I pushed the original, WiFi was still dead. You learn everyday!

Presumably though, I can add this file to a ROM file for future use via Clockwork?

The 15 minute time-out you found kinda figures too...

Edited by Len Ash

I'ved fixed the wi-fi issue with a combination of the blade wifi fix and softlocker (which was mentioned by someone else on this forum) both are free and available on market

getting a really odd issue. I was on pauls 2.1 stable rom but wanted froyo so I wiped the phone. installed the newest clockwork mod listed in the first post. then flibbles r6 and the gingerbread theme. However now when I go to add my google account the only options I have in there are "corporate" and "facebook" no google account option :D Also I formatted the SD card under r6 and it failed and labelled it a "bad sd card". I reconnected it to windows via clockwork and that formatted it and accessed it fine. Im going to reflash r6 now incase it was a odd gingerbread theme bug. Will keep you posted.

Guest Frankish

@flibblesan What exactly did you change to enable H icon? In my themes i only change images, 3 status bar xmls and in some cases the styles.xml but that is all. My themes seem to be not showing the H icon. Weird.

worked tha bit out, but why aren't they showing in contacts

AFAIK, contacts from the SIM card are automatically hidden.

At least, they were on my phone.

Hey!

Nice rom! It's a everyday usage rom I would say.

...bleugh...

Wishlist = black statusbar!

Cheers!

Get one from circle.glx.nl.

Just updated my theme thread for this rom. All my variants of Gingerbread themes (black menu's, circle batteries, blue gingerbread) are all uploaded againa nd actually working this time.

Other themes will follow. Tomorrow afternoon finish at latest.

Just downloaded and installed your gingerbread circle battery black menus. It loaded fine, but there still is some issue. As I reported in earlier post some of the menu text is still wrong. For example, upon opening 'Home Switcher' and pressing Menu (to get the options) the text is white on very light grey making it unreadable. It was fine with FLB's gingerbread theme. Again no criticism here just reporting my findings. thanks for your continued hard work.

Guest Simon O
@flibblesan What exactly did you change to enable H icon? In my themes i only change images, 3 status bar xmls and in some cases the styles.xml but that is all. My themes seem to be not showing the H icon. Weird.

/values/bools.xml

<bool name="config_hspa_data_distinguishable">true</bool>
setting it to true allows the H symbol to show. Also set
<bool name="config_disableMenuKeyInLockScreen">true</bool>

to disable the stupid bug where pressing menu bypasses the lock screen.

Guest madboffin

Just a quick question does this ROM report an O2 SIM as "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" on the lock screen as does Jap Jelly ? I'm on Jap Jelly R5 (slightly modified to display O2 but a nasty bodge to the RIL file.)

I'm quite happy with Jap Jelly but I'm having high "Dialler" usage which may be reducing battery life, so I'm interested in trying FLB-Froyo G2 because of its standard dialler. Thanks to the ROM developers as ever !

Madboffin

Just a quick question does this ROM report an O2 SIM as "Telefonica O2 UK Limited" on the lock screen as does Jap Jelly ? I'm on Jap Jelly R5 (slightly modified to display O2 but a nasty bodge to the RIL file.)

I'm quite happy with Jap Jelly but I'm having high "Dialler" usage which may be reducing battery life, so I'm interested in trying FLB-Froyo G2 because of its standard dialler. Thanks to the ROM developers as ever !

Madboffin

it comes up rightly as O2-UK on this one..

Guest Len Ash

Madboffin

Reports mine as giffgaff (which it should) even though the Network is O2, so maybe or not! Anyway, not a big deal?

Guest Frankish

Ok themes done fixed the mistakes now.

Themes currently available.

All Gingerbread Variants.

Elegant Steel.

Revo.

To be done. (Tomorrow)

HTC Sense.

HTC Slate.

Galaxy S.

Guest The Red

Anyone else have these issues with RLS6?

Touchpal doesn't work when dictionary is turned on

When I select the input method as 'touchpal' and also have the dictionary enabled to predict words and correct spelling, if I go to type anything the keyboard will close whenever a letter is pressed. If the dictionary is turned off, then touchpal works but obviously won't predict words or correct errors.

When receiving calls from people in my contacts it doesn't display the name, just the number

If I get a call from, say, "John" who I have in my contacts it will display "Johns" number but not his name or picture. Basically it won't display anything that's in the contact information almost as if it isn't using it. I've tried syncing the contacts with google, tried restoring from my backups.. still the same issue.

Ok themes done fixed the mistakes now.

Themes currently available.

All Gingerbread Variants.

Elegant Steel.

Revo.

To be done. (Tomorrow)

HTC Sense.

HTC Slate.

Galaxy S.

sorry, me again, but the problem is still there. I've attached a pic to explain. On the phone the white text looks worse than in the pic, it is hardly readable.

post-204583-1294775995_thumb.jpg

OK so I went into clockwork and tried modaco rom but that boot looped. so I went into clockwork and wiped everything and its all good now :D awesome rom thanks flibble

before I apply the gingerbread theme let me check I have this right... do I just apply it via clockwork?

and am I ok to unlock the memory to 512 on this rom?

thanks