16/Nov 3.14.161.1 r1 - Stock Froyo ROM for the HTC Legend with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my repack of the stock Froyo ROM for the HTC Legend! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :huh:

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo stock ROM repacks

Unlike a MCR (MoDaCo Custom ROM) release, a stock ROM repack is as close to the stock ROM as possible. Only root / Superuser and an insecure boot image are added. The benefits of the repack are providing a rollback option in update zip format as well as providing an online kitchen to remove parts that are not required.

A MCR release of this version will follow soon!

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

Features
  • Repack of the 3.14.161.1 (OTA) ROM
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
  • As this is a repack of the Vodafone release, the Vodafone customisations have been removed and missing languages added.

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM (unless you are coming from a 'Sense' ROM), however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

[*]3.14.161.1 r1 -

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 674bcd90fbb99e35f284f9403636241a

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest Jon2011
De-odex'd, MCR'd, optimised version is in progress. :rolleyes:

P

Hi Paul

Im just wondering i have Azure Rom installed on my Legend and i would like to test out the Stock Froyo ROM

Would i be right in staying i be able to do this by saving the .zip file putting it to my SD card and booting into recovery mode and doing a wipe and then update to the .zip file

Or would i have to do any thing different ?

Thanks

Jon E 1

Paul!

I'm uncertain what you mean with In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod). ?

The version I'm running on my Legend now is this one: 24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

Do I need to do something with my phone, to install your Froyo ROM??

Thanks!

Krissi

I figured it out... :rolleyes:

Guest LucianoG

Hi.

This is my first post here.

Very nice ROM. Thank you!

My goal is to get Adobe Flash support and was happy to find that there was adobe flash .apk files in the "3.14.161.1 r1" zip folder.

And the statement above:

"This option includes Adobe Flash support."

But i got disappointed when it did not work and gave me error message that it did not had the support for it when I trying to play it.

Shall Adobe flash (.flv) be or work on a Legend? Some say that the Adobe Flash 10.1 needs to be recompiled by Adobe to work with the Legend CPU. Therefore i thought that this ROM would work...

Any insight in this issue?

Best regards, Luciano.

I tried installing the pre-baked ROM (both with and without wipe) and got:

Can't chown/mod /system/xbin/su

(No such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 67:

set_perm 0 0 04755 SYSTEM:xbin/su

Installation aborted

Any suggestions?

I rebooted into recovery and installed the ROM from there.

Krissi

Guest bennyr99

Thanks Paul for the excellent STOCK ROM !

I finally succeeded to install it with the "Recovery from PC" flow

(refer to "24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide" STEP 2 - after "Remove he GoldCard" - start it by Power-Down, hold the VOL-down and Power-up, then Wipe Caches and Update-from-Zip)

Froyo works like a charm without any flaw! Thanks for the great job! B)

Paul!

I'm uncertain what you mean with In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod). ?

The version I'm running on my Legend now is this one: 24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

Do I need to do something with my phone, to install your Froyo ROM??

Thanks!

Krissi

install the rom manager app from the market. should help installing roms and the latest clockwork mod.

Does this rom run better than the stock vodafone froyo? (i.e: no lags..)

Mine did run fine ...the first day .and turn to a living nightmare the next day..

would make me sad to go back to 2.03 , so if rooting the solution i'll go for it.

Guest bennyr99
Does this rom run better than the stock vodafone froyo? (i.e: no lags..)

Mine did run fine ...the first day .and turn to a living nightmare the next day..

would make me sad to go back to 2.03 , so if rooting the solution i'll go for it.

Hi callou, this Stock ROM works excellent, faster and better than the previous Stock 2.1

I have an unbranded Legend with HTC Sense.

Maybe you should try "Advanced Task Killer Pro" from the Market, it optimizes memory usage and let's you monitor it regularily.

Cheers B)

Guest Dr.Romca

Hi Paul, great stuff here, I've got your second ROM and they both work great.

With this one I have two minor issues:

I used the pre-bake, and it seems to miss the clock app(clock, alarm, worldclock, timer stopwatch)

Other one is that there are no non-live wallpapers to choose from the section HTC wallpapers.

Do you know a way to fix these?

Thanks a lot for all the work you have done!

R

edit:

World clock - SOLVED - after I checked the WorldClock.apk and .odex files to be in the app directory and more importantly after several reboots, the "desk clock" icon appeared in the apps and after clicking on it and setting up some alarms, there was a "clock" icon there as well. Not sure what caused this tho. Now even the clicking on the widget works - goes to the actal app. I did a nandroid backup just before those appeared, although I am not sure how could that affect the app.

Edited by Dr.Romca

Hi callou, this Stock ROM works excellent, faster and better than the previous Stock 2.1

I have an unbranded Legend with HTC Sense.

Maybe you should try "Advanced Task Killer Pro" from the Market, it optimizes memory usage and let's you monitor it regularily.

Cheers B)

Hi , thanks for your response , i'll try to install advance task killer instead of taskiller and see if things get better..

Is anyone who use the rooted froyo rom from this topic can tell me if it runs smoothly? (or not, or so-so..)

Guest Kasra_Qeshm

sorry for bad English

I want arabic support for froyo

froyo has Arabic font but this font not compact

i4612_20100820224603.png

Sent massage compact and inbox massage Separately

Have to Change Libskia.so to compact Arabic Letters

This is a Atabic fix for desire , change libskia.so and framework.jar

http://rapidshare.com/files/426732840/Fars...Persianblue.zip

I change libskia.so , but not boot my legend

plese help me to edit libskia.so and framework.jar

Hi, have tried both the custom legend rom and the plain version both seem to work fine but on both I seem to have lost the 3g connection? anyone give me a tip on what I need to do?

thanks.

oobatz.

eta - duh - just needed to enter the apn settings!

Edited by oobatz