• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Getting rid of T Mobile apps without flashing!

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So I couldn't flash my T-Mobile Pulse Mini, and the reason why I wanted to is to remove the built in Apps and the game demo's. So I came about a way without having to do anything with ROMs. Will cost you 63p though as I bought an app to do something... Bit different to my guide on getting rid of Orange Apps on the San Francisco.

Get z4root, and use that, as Universal Androot didn't work for me.

Then download and install Busy Box from the market or link below.

Then get SystemApp Remover by Danesh from the market (This cost 63p, theres prob a free one but I choose this and it worked)

Then go to SystemApp Remover and delete the unwanted apps they uninstall and it saves memory on the phone!

Root phone with z4root, then delete with SystemApp Remover.

Done!

I recommend this to anyone who doesnt understand ROMs, flashing and those kind of things and anyone who wants to de-brand it from T-Mobile.

I've put it up on my blog as well with links to files and the applications, please visit...

http://dailyandroidapps.blogspot.com/2010/...bile-pulse.html

Posted · Report post

thankyou so much, it was much easier than the guides on root that i have previously read. cant believe how easy it was to do :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

thankyou so much, it was much easier than the guides on root that i have previously read. cant believe how easy it was to do B)

You're welcome, I did the guide for the ZTE Blade as well, my partner got this phone and I saw there wasn't an easy guide and a few things needed to change from my other guide so thought id post it :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

thkx, i always wanted to uninstall all those useless pre-install programs.

Edited by locker138

Posted · Report post

Thanks xeyaztian so much for this information.

z4root is no longer in the Marketplace, but I downloaded it from droidhut.webs.com by clicking on root/unroot then following the simple on-screen instructions.

Everything went v smoothly.