16/Nov 2.1 r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM (Eclair) for the HTC Wildfire with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Wildfire (this is the version based on the 1.37.405.1 release)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :huh:

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

Features (these are the features for the currently posted prebake, please check the changelog for any pending changes that are in the kitchen)
  • Based on the 1.37.405.1 release
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
  • Optimised with the MCR build process
  • All components updated to the latest versions
  • ROM is de-odexed

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

[*]r1 -

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 3483f212a0027c33bc5062ab351c0b63

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

This is the first release of the ROM - I will start dropping in the usual MCR features quickly going forward (via the kitchen first as usual, periodically building prebakes). :rolleyes:

P

Guest fabiocampos
This is the first release of the ROM - I will start dropping in the usual MCR features quickly going forward (via the kitchen first as usual, periodically building prebakes). :rolleyes:

P

Great Paul, but you will include trackball wake in next release?

Guest bassmonkey35

hi. Thanks for this rom, nice and smooth :P

two things to mention:

when i baked my rom i included titanium back up in it but this doesnt show in the rom (i baked another rom with it in also and got the same result)

and i cant seem to use root explorer to remove apps i dont want, eg the weather widget, when i try it removes the app from the system/app list but still shows in the app draw and then reboots my phone and the app is back in the list again??

i used to be able to do this on all the custom roms i used on my old hero so i was wondering if this has something to do with this 's-on/s-off' thing ive heard about? and is there an easy way to fix/remove it?

if it helps i was on a t-mob wildfire that i debranded to the most recent generic rom using goldcard and then rooted with revoked 3.

thanks for your time and sorry about the essay! :D

Edited by bassmonkey35

Guest bothlyn

Hi,

Flashed to the missus Wildfire after some problems with speed/stability of the stock virginmedia ROM and a few goes with puzzlerom combinations didn't really work out any better.

Used MCR on my Hero for the whole time I had that phone and experience was always very good, so it was an easy sell to come back.

So far all good, added busybox via Titanium backup and changed to HCDR 4.1 Kernel from over at XDA.....

Now flies and even runs Angry Birds at a reasonable lick !

Some of the kitchen features don't seem to be quite working just now e.g. Wavesecure and Titanium Backup don't seem to get baked in....

Ingredients such as busybox and a2sd would be good too.

Keep up the good work though !

Guest Paulo Nobrega

this section is going very slowly... Guess wildfire is not a so attractive device..

And Paul is busy with is new Advent Vega... ehehe.. And I also want one :P

Guest bassmonkey35
this section is going very slowly... Guess wildfire is not a so attractive device..

And Paul is busy with is new Advent Vega... ehehe.. And I also want one ;)

yeah n its fair enough i guess, gotta say tho im regretting shelling for the kitchen when there seems to be no support for it :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest maddrum

Hello!

I'm trying to install, but the instalations aborts. It gives me following error message

amend script(update-script) is no longer supported

amend scripting was depreceated by google and android 1.5

it was neccacery to remove it when upgrading to clockwork mod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.

please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

installation aborted.

What I should do?

Edited by maddrum