[HELP] Bricked. No Dell Logo, No Fastboot, No Recovery, No Qualcomm Diagnostic

Guest f3661

First of all, sorry for the bad english.

Goes with the title. I've got a bricked streak with no Dell Logo, no fastboot, no recovery, and also the qualcomm diagnostic is not available.

What I did was run a batch file:

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash dbl images/dbl.mbn
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash fsbl images/fsbl.mbn
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash osbl images/osbl.mbn
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash amss images/amss.mbn
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash dsp1 images/dsp1.mbn
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash dt images/dt.img
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash appsbl images/appsboot.mbn
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash boot images/boot.img
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash system images/system.img
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash userdata images/userdata.img
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash rcfile images/rc_id.img
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash recovery images/recovery.img
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash logfilter images/logfilter.img
fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c reboot[/codebox]

Please help...

FYI: Tried DJ_Steve suggestion to see if linux can detect it using dmesg, but still no luck(tried using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx)

Thanks before.

Warranty void the moment we install unofficial roms :rolleyes:

I'd time it after Froyo gets released... I know it's a different company but HTC still honored my warranty on my N1 even after having a unlocked bootloader. The unlocked bootloader is a dead giveaway at boot up and it was supposed to mean you've officially voided warranty. Worth the shot IMO.

Good luck

Well I got this from my friend, so definitely I'm going to ask him to help me with this.

But since he went out of country, I'm hoping someone, anyone here can help.

Take out the back cover and battery, connect it to computer while pressing volume down button, see on the device manager if it recognized in anyway.

If it's recognized then you're not 'True Bricked'

Guest Hothan Dao
Take out the back cover and battery, connect it to computer while pressing volume down button, see on the device manager if it recognized in anyway.

If it's recognized then you're not 'True Bricked'

Black screen as well. Tried Cam + Power when plugged. Can you show my what DJ_Steve has suggested you with dmesg?

Edited by Hothan Dao

Guest Hothan Dao
It's supposed to be black. Does your computer recognized it as anything at all? If it is use the search tools. Keyword Qualcomm Diagnostic 9002.

in Device Manager, is is recognized as Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM with (!)

Edited by Hothan Dao

Guest untrueparadox
in Device Manager, is is recognized as Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM with (!)

thats actually good. it means that your baseband is bad. just download steve's QSDTool a while back and reflash the baseband. hopefully itll get it working again.

Guest Hothan Dao
It's supposed to be black. Does your computer recognized it as anything at all? If it is use the search tools. Keyword Qualcomm Diagnostic 9002.

thats actually good. it means that your baseband is bad. just download steve's QSDTool a while back and reflash the baseband. hopefully itll get it working again.

Thanks. It works now. I forgot to turn testsigning on :rolleyes:.

Guest Supra2010
Thanks. It works now. I forgot to turn testsigning on :rolleyes:.

Sorry, it seems that I have the same problem as you. I guess the baseband is somehow broken, the only thing I can do now is to plug into PC via USB without battery.

I am wondering anyway to fix the baseband? and as previously mentioned, what & where can I find Stephen's QSDtool, I do need your help.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Hothan Dao
Sorry, it seems that I have the same problem as you. I guess the baseband is somehow broken, the only thing I can do now is to plug into PC via USB without battery.

I am wondering anyway to fix the baseband? and as previously mentioned, what & where can I find Stephen's QSDtool, I do need your help.

Thanks in advance.

Follow this instruction http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1557150 to install driver and testsigning on

then

QSDTool is here http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/streakflash.zip

Edited by Hothan Dao

Guest Supra2010
Thanks a lot, really need to have a try!! I will update result soon~~~

WOOOO, thanks a lot!!!! I really did it...

"IT WOKRS, MY DELL STREAK BACK TO LIFE, THANKS FOR EVERYONE ABOVE"

:rolleyes:

Oit of curiosity, has anybody ever read or heard about a 'true true brick' that wasn't related to a hardware fault? It is quite a relief knowing that even without the dell logo I can still recover from a brick (and such anxieties are one of the reasons I haven't moved past 1.1.1 yet).

Guest untrueparadox

dont think there is a way to truly brick any phone. even the "bricked" htc phones can be unbricked by jtag on the motherboard and some recovery tools. the only true brick like u said is a hardware fault.

• 1 month later...
Guest chaseclear

I have the same issue with my Streak Beta (US) but I can actually see the dell logo.. and it just hangs there. I cannot get into recovery or bootloader. I am going to try the suggested, however I think that when I originaly ran the QDLtool, that is what caused the issues?? I'll report back, but does anyone have any other ideas as to go about fixing this for my beta US version? I believe it is/was still 1.6 too...

Thanks guys!!

• 5 months later...
Guest cyruspy

Same situation, bricked phone after the following procedure (and error), and ideas?

wks:~/tmp/streak/android-sdk-linux_x86/platform-tools> ./fastboot -i 0x413c erase system

< waiting for device >

erasing 'system'...

OKAY [ 1.724s]

finished. total time: 1.724s

wks:~/tmp/streak/android-sdk-linux_x86/platform-tools> ./fastboot -i 0x413c erase userdata

erasing 'userdata'...

OKAY [ 1.385s]

finished. total time: 1.385s

wks:~/tmp/streak/android-sdk-linux_x86/platform-tools> ./fastboot -i 0x413c erase cache

erasing 'cache'...

FAILED (status read failed (Protocol error))

finished. total time: 98.776s

The Vol Up + Usb plug doesn't work...