Buying my ZTE Blade tomorrow, but..

Guest Willz

One or two questions.

Basically, I am so f'd off with my Pulse. Recently it's been slow, not receiving texts or just receiving them late.. which should've been fixed since I'm using Cyanogen now. Which brings me to my first question.. could it be my SIM card at all? Maybe I should use a new one with my Blade when I get it? or is it just my Pulse?

ALSO.. since the Blade will be £99, plus an additional £10 for a top up, do I have to pay for the top up? Because I don't intend on using my orange SIM at all, I'll unlock it right away and pop my o2 one in. So does anyone reckon I can get away with saying I have an orange SIM at home I'll use with it so I don't have to pay an extra tenner?

Guest PAUL1897

Yeah you have to get the top-up , same for ALL PAYG ( form of semi-subsidy )

Better if you already HAVE an Orange sim coz it gets you a good discount

I used QUIDCO for £12 off

But I think there is a good student discount avilable too

Sold my Pulse for £57 which i was happy with

SF is a considerable upgrade

Speed + Scrren + multitouch + Memory space + Thinner +Froyo

Paul 1897

Guest gambieter
Maybe I should use a new one with my Blade when I get it? or is it just my Pulse?

No way of telling, try it out. Borrow a SIM card from someone else and you know it.

ALSO.. since the Blade will be £99, plus an additional £10 for a top up, do I have to pay for the top up? Because I don't intend on using my orange SIM at all, I'll unlock it right away and pop my o2 one in. So does anyone reckon I can get away with saying I have an orange SIM at home I'll use with it so I don't have to pay an extra tenner?

And you expect them to believe you without any proof? You can always try, but to be honest, what do you expect? Again, try it and you know the answer.

So, maybe it's better buying online then? I guess.. damn.

If you buy instore then the topup amount is now £20, not sure if the online/phone topup is still £10 or if its gone up too

£20?! They're having a badword laugh. I'm not paying £20 for something I'm not gonna use, that's ridiculous.

Guest uberduck
So, maybe it's better buying online then? I guess.. damn.

£20?! They're having a badword laugh. I'm not paying £20 for something I'm not gonna use, that's ridiculous.

you can sell it on ebay, but never expect a good price :rolleyes:

One or two questions.

Basically, I am so f'd off with my Pulse. Recently it's been slow, not receiving texts or just receiving them late.. which should've been fixed since I'm using Cyanogen now. Which brings me to my first question.. could it be my SIM card at all? Maybe I should use a new one with my Blade when I get it? or is it just my Pulse?

Freeeeeeeeeee unlock Orange

http://www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/

Just do urself

Guest john306
Oh no, I'll do that anyway! It's just, I don't want to pay any money to top up a SIM card I have no intention of using..

I transferred my £10 sim over to another Orange sim, just phone customer services

Well, thinking about it.. if I can get away with only paying £10 for a top up right off the bat, I won't mind as I can keep the SIM for whenever I want Orange Wednesdays at the cinema. :rolleyes:

Guest meinnit

If you already have an Orange SIM card you can try and get a loyalty discount of up to £30.

If you don't already have one, you can get hold of one, register it and call multiple agents (average is 5 for people on HotUKDeals) to try and get the discount even though you're a new customer :rolleyes:

BTW, nice move from Pulse to SF. SO much better!

Edited by meinnit

Guest cobalt01

Usually now it's £20 top up if pay cash but £10 by card. Sounds daft but Phones4U amongst other companys have started doing things. In my eye's i don't see how it's this way around due to if i was a company i'd rather have cash.

Guest mikecalg

Thank you everyone. i'll likely get the ZTE Blade from the local Orange store tomorrow. it's a bit of a shame that the top up is now £20, as i'm not intending to use the Orange sim because I've got a t-mobile sim. i wonder why it's cheaper with the card payment. maybe Orange likes to keep ones card details?

Thank you everyone. i'll likely get the ZTE Blade from the local Orange store tomorrow. it's a bit of a shame that the top up is now £20, as i'm not intending to use the Orange sim because I've got a t-mobile sim. i wonder why it's cheaper with the card payment. maybe Orange likes to keep ones card details?

Most likely because it's more expensive for them to move hard cash around. I'm still surprised at how much more they charge if you pay cash though!

Well, I paid on card for mine today but I still had to pay £20. I asked is there no way I can only pay £10 and he said no.

Guest mikecalg
Well, I paid on card for mine today but I still had to pay £20. I asked is there no way I can only pay £10 and he said no.

Thanks Willz. maybe i'll keep mine for the Orange wednesday offers too B)

Guest cobalt01

Have you any friends or family on a orange sim only contract? if so get one of them lend you there mobile or get them go and say what the point in a top up if its a sm only deal because it wont work fo you. Might be lucky enough and not have to pay the top up. You could always pre order from play for £99. Can even get it online with £10 top up.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/1745...ey/Product.html

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/San...-Orange-in-grey

Edited by cobalt01

Guest mikecalg

got my san francisco phone. i've unlocked it but can't seem to connect to the internet with the t mobile sim. i can connect to the internet with the home wifi though.

secondly, i can't seem to download pics from the net. please can anyone help? many thanks.