SF Compatible Wired Headset Found

Guest oh!dougal

I'm having a pair of klipsch s2m, I really like them but they dont seem to work with my Blade. The problem is that the sound doesnt work properly (its strange and you cant hear any voices in the song), BUT if i hold down my answer button it works. Is this a hardware issue? Does anyone have the same problem?

You phones must have a jack with 3 contact points, one for ground, another for left and another one for right, the problem is that one these contacts is being used for the mic...

To work with a usual phone it must have, at least, 4 contacts, ground, left, right, mic (not by this order)

Guest fonix232

As far as I know, every 3,5mm stereo, mic-ed Nokia headset (what has a controller, or even a splitter for other earpieces) will work. My Nokia 5800's headset is just right for the phone (although the white bottom part (controller) looks silly with the black Blade+black top part ;) ).

Guest yOAKIM89
You phones must have a jack with 3 contact points, one for ground, another for left and another one for right, the problem is that one these contacts is being used for the mic...

To work with a usual phone it must have, at least, 4 contacts, ground, left, right, mic (not by this order)

Are we talking about the black rings on the 3.5mm jack? If so, my earphones have 3 of those, and the same goes for the ones included with the blade. They are almost identical.

Guest fonix232
Are we talking about the black rings on the 3.5mm jack? If so, my earphones have 3 of those, and the same goes for the ones included with the blade. They are almost identical.

The rings are separating the contacts. So what has 3 rings, that's a 4 contact earphones.

Guest oh!dougal
I'm having a pair of klipsch s2m, I really like them but they dont seem to work with my Blade. The problem is that the sound doesnt work properly (its strange and you cant hear any voices in the song), BUT if i hold down my answer button it works. Is this a hardware issue? Does anyone have the same problem?

You have an iPhone compatible headset.

When you look at the dozens of other threads on that subject, you will understand that ANY such headset will not work.

iPhone headsets do NOT work properly with the Blade. Blade headsets do not work with iPhones.

Now, since there are lots of other headset threads, can we PLEASE keep this thread as ONLY for things that DO work?

Guest AlphaVision

I don't know if it is control related, but there is a running path with 2 parts sliced jack in the gym (not the stock 3 piece) so you can listen to music from an mp3 player when running. I am listening to music using PowerAmp app. When I plug them to the phone I hear music perfectly. However the jack doesn't fit and when I push it all the way down it starts to come up slowly. So there is a point when it is on the verge of disconnecting. When that happens I hear a beep and the song changes. So each time i firmly touch the jack it acts like a "Next track" control or something. So here's something to think about - is it tbe app design or is the jack's contact that make the player go to next track.

Guest Kuzmicz

I've got these one too and works like charm...little quiet, but due to noise isolation of headphones it's enough.

Sorry I've got only S2(without headset)...

Edited by Kuzmicz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SWOriginal

I know this thread is pretty much dead but, i purchased my blade in november and only just opened the headset(been using mu own noise counciling in ear ones) and they have an in built microphone which play/pauses media aswell.

Did the old blades not come with these ?

Guest mrflibbles

Yes, every San Francisco came with that headset. They are not the most comfortable headphones especially if you are used to the Sony "ear bud" style headphones.

Shame no-one has found a headset with full media controls yet.

Guest oh!dougal

Shame no-one has found a headset with full media controls yet.

You have missed the essential point that the SF/Blade does not seem have the software and hardware inside the phone to recognise more than one headset button.

Its not a matter of looking for a magic headset ... that is not the 'problem'.

Guest oh!dougal
Okay so i finally ordered this item from Kvconnections http://www.kvconnection.com/ProductDetails...2F&CartID=1

And i got it today (1 week to sweden), and it works great with my Klipsch S2m, the one and only button seem to work and the microphone too.

Good to know that there is a special adaptor to allow the use of iPhone (and iPhone compatible) headsets with the SF/Blade! (Even if its not cheap ...)

Guest yOAKIM89
Good to know that there is a special adaptor to allow the use of iPhone (and iPhone compatible) headsets with the SF/Blade! (Even if its not cheap ...)

It's a little pricy indeed, but worth it in my opinion. Now I dont need the extra long cables as if i would have with an nokia AD57. And the microphone is better located on my headset, i have the cable on my back and the mic is just below my ear, next to my neck.

Cheers

Guest oh!dougal
... Now I dont need the extra long cables as if i would have with an nokia AD57. And the microphone is better located on my headset, ...

Different things.

The Nokia AD-57 allows use of standard headphones (without microphone).

Your adaptor allows the use of those headsets (with microphone) that are wired to suit the iPhone (and which otherwise don't work nicely with the SF/Blade).

There is a choice! Excellent!

Guest yOAKIM89
Different things.

The Nokia AD-57 allows use of standard headphones (without microphone).

Your adaptor allows the use of those headsets (with microphone) that are wired to suit the iPhone (and which otherwise don't work nicely with the SF/Blade).

There is a choice! Excellent!

Yes that is true :(

Guest mrflibbles
You have missed the essential point that the SF/Blade does not seem have the software and hardware inside the phone to recognise more than one headset button.

I'm a regular here and I've not seen anything proved either way. Everything in this area has just been pure speculation. The truth so far AFAIK is no-one knows for sure?

I'd be interested to know the details on how they are supposed to work at a software / hardware level... if anyone has tried to write a test program or taken apart the Blade PCB to examine the connections between the the headset socket and the SoC.

Edited by mrflibbles

Guest oh!dougal

The conventional method (Nexus1 for example) involves the 'controller buttons' switching in different electrical resistances between the microphone contacts when the different buttons are pressed.

The phone needs to be able to physically detect these different resistances (measuring the resulting voltage), and it then needs software that maps the different measurements to different actions (or rather to 'events' that apps can then respond to with whatever actions).

The sf/blade is a cheaply-made device whose mike connection detects a simple switch, on or off.

Do you have any basis for your speculation that the sf/blade actually has the a/d conversion hardware and appropriate software drivers all installed just waiting for a Market App to use these facilities that you speculate that ZTE have built in and debugged, but foolishly have chosen not to use?

Or do you speculate that the hardware is there, and that anyone would ever be able to write driver software for it without any documentation, or hope of documentation, from ZTE?

Its important that we are clear exactly what the "pure speculation" is.

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest mrflibbles
The conventional method (Nexus1 for example) involves the 'controller buttons' switching in different electrical resistances between the microphone contacts when the different buttons are pressed. The phone needs to be able to physically detect these different resistances (measuring the resulting voltage), and it then needs software that maps the different measurements to different actions (or rather to 'events' that apps can then respond to with whatever actions).

Thanks. I already knew that but that is an overview. It's not technical information. What chip is the headset connector linked to? Where is the datasheet for that chip? What is the circuit used to samples the resistance to GPIO? Does the controls need to be compiled into the Kernel? What are the API calls etc? Can we confirm from the ZTE Eclair source that these API calls are empty?

The sf/blade is a cheaply-made device whose mike connection detects a simple switch, on or off.

You sure? I mean you seen the circuit diagram and confirmed this? I know that the sf/blade headset only comes with one switch but that does not mean the handset it is incapable of more. I'll be the first to say you're right... when there is evidence.

Do you have any basis for your speculation that the sf/blade actually has the a/d conversion hardware and appropriate software drivers all installed just waiting for a Market App to use these facilities that you speculate that ZTE have built in and debugged, but foolishly have chosen not to use?

I doubt they need expensive "a/d" conversion. A few resistors and a couple of GPIO. There needs to be some software support but does it really not exist? I don't know... and sounds like you don't either? Lets find out?

Or do you speculate that the hardware is there, and that anyone would ever be able to write driver software for it without any documentation, or hope of documentation, from ZTE?

I don't speculate anything. I ask questions. You replied. By speculation I ask if you REALLY know for sure? Do you?

Edited by mrflibbles

Guest mrflibbles

I bought the NOKIA AD-57 discussed at the start of this thread. It arrived in 24hrs and I subsequently used the application DroidShuffle to get the bare minimum of media controls that I was after.

The amount of time you need to depress the button for DroidShuffle to recognise it is quite long so don't be put off if it feels unnatural at first. Perhaps it is configurable (not checked).

Edited by mrflibbles

Guest aermua

ello all

quick confirmation after reading all 4 pages, does the nokia Nokia HS 45 AD 57 Handsfree allow me to pick up calls and hang up from the button as well as talking via the mic and hear the phone call in stereo, basically same operation as stock headset?

not really bothered about multimedia features but if it des have it then bonus.

thanks

Guest oh!dougal
ello all

quick confirmation after reading all 4 pages, does the nokia Nokia HS 45 AD 57 Handsfree allow me to pick up calls and hang up from the button as well as talking via the mic and hear the phone call in stereo, basically same operation as stock headset?

not really bothered about multimedia features but if it des have it then bonus.

thanks

Welcome to the Forum.

Read the first post in this thread.

Carefully.

Especially the paragraph that begins

When the phone rings ...

Guest aermua
Welcome to the Forum.

Read the first post in this thread.

Carefully.

Especially the paragraph that begins

hi

and thanks a lot, i just wanted to confirm tbh before i shell out on 2 of these babies:

Nokia Headset

i put the link for everyone

thanks again