18 Nov 2.5.1.2 r2: ClockworkMod recovery for HTC Desire HD

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm pleased to present my ClockworkMod recovery for the HTC Desire HD (aka HTC Ace / HTC Spade). This recovery has been built and setup by me and is in no way endorsed buy Koush, so please don't ask him for support! :huh: I am still testing this recovery, so caution is advised and you use it at your own risk!

You will need the ENG HBOOT installed on your device to flash this recovery!

You can load recovery by powering on the device with 'Volume Down' pressed and selecting the 'recovery' option, by using 'adb recovery', by installing 'Quick Boot' from the Market or by installing 'ROM Manager' from the Market.

Navigation in the recovery image as follows:
Volume Up / Down to move between options
Power key to select an option
Select 'go back' option to go back
Step by step install instructions
Download 2.5.1.2 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for Desire HD - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: f84a93a5ae2fb86ee409fa2609a2c1c8
Download fastboot if you do not have it already.
Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.
Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume down' held, then select 'fastboot' (using the power button).
Plug the phone into the PC.
Extract the fastboot zip file.
From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r2.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
Done!
:rolleyes:

The changelog is in the next post.

P

Guest phunkycow

Finally! Thanks a lot for this.

By the way, you don't have to remove the battery to turn it off. You can disable the "Fast Boot" setting (can be found under Settings -> Applications, the one on the bottom) and you've got yourself a proper shutdown!

is this the same "test" recovery that was posted on XDA or a dedicated one for the desire hd?

it is pauls own "port" of it. He fixed one of the annoyances (no longer needs list scolled 3 times to activate power button as "enter"

Paul, Btw, you recovery shows the same "error" as the test one. When plugged in on AC power but phone "off", the phone boots to recovery automatically ... any chance you can adress that or is that a "bootloader feature"?

it is pauls own "port" of it. He fixed one of the annoyances (no longer needs list scolled 3 times to activate power button as "enter"

Paul, Btw, you recovery shows the same "error" as the test one. When plugged in on AC power but phone "off", the phone boots to recovery automatically ... any chance you can adress that or is that a "bootloader feature"?

That's not really an error... the HD (and the G2 / Z) use the recovery image to display the fact that the battery is charging. Since we're not doing that in clockworkmod, we get recovery instead!

P

is this the same "test" recovery that was posted on XDA or a dedicated one for the desire hd?

No, I checked out the source and created an ace recovery based on the vision recovery with the required fixes for the lack of dpad.

P

That's not really an error... the HD (and the G2 / Z) use the recovery image to display the 'battery charging' animation. Since we're not doing that in clockworkmod, we get recovery instead!

P

thanks Paul :rolleyes: didnt even notice the battery charging animation on stock :huh: must be turning blind or something :huh:

Hi Paul, I am a fan of your work and your good sources :-)

I will support you again after this account expires!

Now to my question:

Is it possible to add PSFreedom in this image?

This would be soo great..

Its the only thing why I keep my Desire atm :rolleyes:

I looked at http://psfmod.klutsh.com but there is no DesireHD listed (yet) :-)

Guest cturbos

paul

please explain to me why i can`t get anything from my CMD when i type the commands above,i`m here from xda and the same thing happend there.on my HD i have VISIONary 12 and S-OFF ,fastboot is off,i did every thing to the T.i have recovery on reboot but android recovery (the blue one) not the green one where you can flash zip files.what am i doing wrong?

please help me out

thank you

I'm not familiar with the changes needed for it, and I don't have a PS3. So, i'm unlikely to do it. :rolleyes:

P

OK no problem I keep my finger crossed maybe there will be one on the site mentioned above soon, too!

Anyway great recovery image! :huh:

Guest cturbos
When you typed them in command prompt what did it say?

P

nothing,as if i`m writting on black board,it will show what i wrote but not showing that it`s sending a recovery.

Guest Eddie1506

Great work Paul!

A question: I was under the impression that you don't need ENG HBOOT to flash the recovery?

Isn't it possible to use dd command below when Android is booted up once we insmod "wpthis" module, without S-OFF?

dd if=/sdcard/recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r1.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

Edited by Eddie1506