32gb sd and SF

Guest sikhcentral

Guest julianpaul

Amazon (us) has a rather large number of failed(ing) lexars after a few months of use. link

The Amazon uk one seems to be doing better. link

Any idea about this?

Edited by julianpaul

Amazon (us) has a rather large number of failed(ing) lexars after a few months of use. link

The Amazon uk one seems to be doing better. link

Any idea about this?

Thanks for the info - I wasn't aware of this.

I have only received my card today in anticipation of the OMC I am getting as a Xmas present but I thought I would try it in my current Blade and it seems to work fine (although it may possibly be too early to tell).

Anyhow, the model number on the packaging is LSDMI32GBSBEUR Rev D (hopefully this is more reliable than the earlier versions?)

Thanks

Gavin

I have also tested a Sandisk 32Gb Class 4 I recently managed to pick up from Play for £17.99 in my OLED Blade and it definitely does NOT work properly...

YMMV

Thanks

Gavin

Edited by gavinp

Guest skull_fcuk

I have also tested a Sandisk 32Gb Class 4 I recently managed to pick up from Play for £17.99 in my OLED Blade and it definitely does NOT work properly...

Can you define 'properly' please? Does this mean it functions, but not to your preference? Or does it fail to function at all?

Can you define 'properly' please? Does this mean it functions, but not to your preference? Or does it fail to function at all?

Sure, the phone seems to be unable to read the card properly which results in data being lost.

I used a 16Gb Kingston Class 4 in my Blade for over a year without any problems (apart from running out of room!)

The first 32Gb card I tried was a Play own-brand and this kept coming up with a "card removed" message so was a non-starter. Works fine in other devices.

The SanDisk didn't display any errors or removals but after powering the phone on the second time and checking the card, data had disappeared. Looking at some of the other forum posts, this does not seem isolated just to me.

The Lexar as stated seems to be working OK - no problems at all so far 24 hours on but still early days admittedly.

Thanks

Gavin

Guest Lost_Animal

I have an APACER cat.4 32 GB mSD card.

On my GEN1 Blade was impossible to use it.

On my GEN2(New Buy) Blade is working without any issues so far.

screenshot1324493297465.png

Edited by Lost_Animal

I bought a Lexar 32GB Class 10 sd card and this works very well with my original black OLED screen phone.

This does also seem to be much better than the 32gb Class 4 card in the white version phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so people know I use CM Nightly 257 and have also tried the CM9 Alpha 5 fix 2, both with success, though CM9 is great it is not ready to use yet as some parts still need a bit of work, can't wait :-).

Had no problems with the Lexar 32gb Class 10 card. Buy from a reputable company and look out for offers, mine was about £20.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest targetbsp

I've tried a Sandisk Ultra class 10 32gb and sent it back because it would randomly dismount. It may have been faulty ratehr than incompatible because it did the same in one of my sd card adaptors. Though it worked in the supplied one oddly.

Then I got the Lexar 32gb class 10. Which worked, as stated previously in this thread. And in Windows it benchmarked faster than my existing card at all transfer sizes as well as benchmarking great in Antutu. But in reality it made the phone lag like crazy. Apps installed to an Ext partition on it took ages to load - sitting on black screens. And the phones boot time took far longer.

Next I'm trying a Samsung as both my 8gb and 16gb cards were samsungs and they seemed to work fine.

Guest targetbsp

This card is fantastic! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MicroSDHC-Memory-Without-Adapter/dp/B009HPFT14/

H2testW has it at 12mb/sec write, 17.5mb/sec read

atto has it at 13.5mb/sec write, 19mb/sec read

antutu has it the same as H2testw

It works without the huge lag that the lexar class 10 has with apps on Ext.

I should have just bought it to start with considering how good my previous Samsung 16GB and 8GB's were.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Aerieana

Got a 32gb SanDisk Ultra microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I for christmas and put it in my phone last night, working great so far with no problems :D

I'm using CM7.2 RC3.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sam tyler

on both s.f.(blade) that i have,i use sandisk 32gb class 4(h.c.) one is in a orange s.f. and the other is in a red bull mobile(zte blade)both phones are working fine.and both have different roms,music etc.i think it just depends on the phone.