12 Sep Gr5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire HD with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

@Paul

Thanks for your awesome work! B)

I'm flashing right now a custom baked ROM :)

One question:

If I'll disable the HTC Lock Screen in the kitchen, will I get the Stock Android AOSP Lock Screen?

I want it :)

Edited by Darkyy

Guest Drakknar

Ok, here is a small update... I flashed back the stock ROM + bootloader, temprooted, permrooted, S-OFF, installed the latest ClockworkMod, erased everything and installed my custom MCR... Now everything works as expected... Thanks for your great work Paul! :-)

Guest singingshiver

Can anyone help me please.....

I have installed visionary+ (r13) to root my DHD. I am following the instructions in the opening post and reboot the handset in recovery mode, but I do not get an option for NAND Backup. I see an error message: can't open /cache/recovery/command

What am I doing running or missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Paul, played a little bit with both roms, stock & custom. Even after wiping everything I get force closes on bgb and acore. May you have a look?

Thanks in advance

Hey Paul, played a little bit with both roms, stock & custom. Even after wiping everything I get force closes on bgb and acore. May you have a look?

Thanks in advance

bgb should be facebook related! B)

Guest kingkeld

Hi Paul,

I just installed your r1 custom ROM, and I absolutely love it! I am not sure if it is just me, but I seems to feel a significant speed-up!

However, the phone seems to be stuck syncing constantly. The sync icon comes on about a minute after the phone starts up, and will be on constantly until the phone is turned off. I rebooted it last night to see if it would go away, and it is still there now, some 12 hours later. I am afraid this will massively steal my battery juice.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this? I had the problem when I first installed MCR on my DHD without wipe, and now - after a full wipe and reinstall - I still have the issue.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Sincerely,

Kingkeld.

SOLVED: I fiddled quite a bit with the sync settings, and it seems the problems have gone away. Strange, but good. I am happy. B)

Edited by kingkeld

I had the exact same problem with Villain Rom on my Hero. It might be related to some components that were removed which shouldn't B)

My guess goes to 'Weather', as that was a component I left untouched and the 'problem' appeared as I removed it (with a lot of other things of course).

Guest kingkeld
I had the exact same problem with Villain Rom on my Hero. It might be related to some components that were removed which shouldn't :)

My guess goes to 'Weather', as that was a component I left untouched and the 'problem' appeared as I removed it (with a lot of other things of course).

I will try cooking a new ROM and change things around a bit. B)

Guest mbaroukh

Hi.

Thanks a lot Paul !

It's the first custom rom I put on my DHD ...

I just wanted to report a problem I have : I baked a rom without HTC default keyboard but only jonasl's one.

When I boot, I have no keyboard at all.

In keyboard, I juste can configure HTC_IME mod, but can't enable it.

I tried to install jonasl's keyboard by myself and :

$ adb install Clicker_hi.apk

1777 KB/s (221373 bytes in 0.121s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/Clicker_hi.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]

e$ adb install HTC_IME_hi22.apk 

1851 KB/s (4609482 bytes in 2.430s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/HTC_IME_hi22.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
For info, I made a swype after update to be sure to clean my phone for most of sense stufs ... I then wanted to uninstall the keyboard, but failure. I supposed it was because filesystem was read-only. So tried to remont rw, but unable to do it because no mtab in /etc ??? :
# busybox df

Filesystem		   1K-blocks	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

df: /etc/mtab: No such file or directory

I downloaded and installed a keyboard from here :

http://code.google.com/p/softkeyboard/

but still no keyboard !

I think I'll have to bake another image ...

Mike

Guest mbaroukh

Another problem to report : can't connect to a wpa wifi access point anymore.

Does this works as designed because wpa was supplied by something HTC added to its rom and that I removed when baking ?

Sorry, forget this : with titanium backup I restored wifi associations and ti works ...

I also restored my swype beta backup and I now have a keyboard ...

Next step, be able to install HTC IME.

Do you have an idea of why there is no /etc/mtab ?

(maybe it is normal, but why does df reports an error ?)

I tried to reboot, but no more luck ...

I also have a now lot of force close for "com.htc.bgp".

I think it is the process that connect phone to computer because adb does not find my device ny more.

I try to find why ...

Edit about the keyboard :

I installed restored swiftkey from the market but what ever I change in it's configuration, it doesn't care.

The same about swype : I changed things like disable haptic feedback but haptic feedback is still there.

I thing it is because /etc/mtab missing. With aLogcat I saw messages like

W/asset   ( 1304): Asset path /system/app/Slate.apk is neither a directory nor file (type=1).

B)

Edited by mbaroukh

Guest kingkeld

Paul, I am having a problem with the YouTube application.

I get an errror saying "There was a problem with the network [400] but when I open it, it seems to connect. Not sure what it is it is supposed to be doing on the front page.

Before installing MCR I had no issues, and everything else seems to go online without any problems, both on 3G and WiFi.

Any fixes for this?

Thanks

Kingkeld

Edited by kingkeld

Guest psych0t1c

Can / will anything be done about the speaker volume?

I assume that the speaker is just crap and that too much volume could damage it, but as of now I am seriously contemplating selling my DHD because a phone you don't hear is just pretty damn useless.

If there was a catch like "yes, we can give it more volume, but we have to restrict some frequencies so the speaker will not be damaged" i would happily take that and tailor my ringtones accordingly.

HTC has pushed this phone to the very biink of unusability, and I sincerely hope (and will donate) once someone can offer something to cover that problem, preferedly ROM-wise.

Additionaly, is it possible to take the Dolby/SRS options out of the music player application and put them into a separate APK so that you can toggle the settings in a way that makes evers music player benefit from them?

One more idea/suggestion: the ROM is set to rw which of course is convenient if you want to make changes often. Because I am only a part time hacker, I would really appreciate if there was some ind of feature which restircted ROM writes somehow. Either some kind of toggle switch or maybe a "normally locked but easily un,ockable with passkey" application would really cut the cheese. I think this "open for everything" could open up attack vectors for malware, or am I wrong there?

Guest DjipOner

Thank you very much Paul! :)

It is also possible to:

- Add AdFree App

- Add the downloadable (from HTC Hub) HTC Skin (called Music Lover)

- Add the downloadable HTC Sense Widgets (from HTC Hub)

- Add the missing HTC Note widget (No yet avaible on HTC Hub/Market, only avaible here)

- Remove the "Learn More" icon

Thanks B)

I have a silly question.

Why after removing all Sense based features and many stock applications (kept launcher, email, contacts and about 2 more) if the download still 180MB?

B)

Guest Hd-Fred

Paul thank you for this Rom very stable, I use it for a week and I have not seen a bug.

With the online kitchen is perfect.

Could you be on the R2 include a overclock to 1.2 or 1.5 Ghz.

Thank you in advance

Bye Fred.

ps: sorry for my English, I use Google translate

Guest haruryu

Hi Paul,

1 small question,

do we have to full wipe the device for your future updates of this ROM? i currently use this ROM and its working perfect. I just hope we dont have to full wipe after you bring r2.

I suppose i can uncheck APK's even if i had them checked on the first ROM i baked?

thanks!

cheers, Haru

Guest Barbaloui
When I turn off the Desire, always open the recovery menu!

I have the fast reboot disabled.

I too have this problem. Just enable fastboot and problem solved.

Guest nickwarn

I have a strange problem. I cocked my own rom in the kitchen with only things from the kitchen, didnt add any zip of my own. And when trying to connect to adb it dont work. I do adb devices and it comes up blank. It works in fastboot. I think something mounts my sdcard, dont no what. so i flash other rom, adb works. This was my second rom in the kitchen. The first had the force close related to facebook all the time. But thats all gone in the second rom i did, all works very well.

I did use a custom kernel when i had the adb problem, i dont know if thats of any relevance. I havent flashed the rom again maybe that would fix the problem. I just wanted to check if someone else had this issue. And i would like to say thank you to Paul for all his work. Keep up the xellent work