2.1 instructions + Quarx Black ROM full insrtuctions with clockwork recovery

Guest pashinator

• 2 weeks later...
Guest destroyerGT540

This is where I get stuck

5.get your phone and if its on turn it off. hold power button and camera button until the lg logo goes and screen is black

It goes black then continues to boot???

Btw, what version is the Clockwork recovery rom made from?

Guest Dr.Alani
This is where I get stuck

It goes black then continues to boot???

Btw, what version is the Clockwork recovery rom made from?

This means that the rom you have does not support fastboot. Did you try the one in this thread?

I have found one that is open europe V20B + fast boot in the thread about the 2.2.1 upgrade. Sorry could not find the link.

I think the clockwork recovery ROM is based on Baltic ROM.

Guest destroyerGT540
This means that the rom you have does not support fastboot. Did you try the one in this thread?

Yes. I got to recovery with a different button combo. Home + Power gave me 'safe boot'. For fastboot I needed Search + Volume Up + Power. Clockwork doesn't work with any combo I've tried and not with Rom Manager. Just wondering if the hardware revision or my country makes a difference?

I think the clockwork recovery ROM is based on Baltic ROM.

Thanks for the info, not worrying for now. I've gone to the standard Lg rom (Australia V20C) for the moment. The only thing I don't like is no kernel support for droidwall like Black rom + latest kernel, the rest is better than any other rom, very stable and so smooth. I will have to look into compiling my own kernel, just a bit sick of going back and forth with different roms atm. ;)

HELP!! i did everything right. Got to cmd and typed: fastboot.exe recovery image C:\recovery.img

it says 'fastboot.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external commnand, operable program or batch file.

what do i do?

Guest despotovski01
HELP!! i did everything right. Got to cmd and typed: fastboot.exe recovery image C:\recovery.img

it says 'fastboot.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external commnand, operable program or batch file.

what do i do?

You must set the cmd directory to the destination of fastboot.exe. Click

for a tutorial.

Guest destroyerGT540

SUCCESS!!!

Couldn't get clockwork, any clockwork going so in a last ditch effort I tried the 'Clockwork recovery rom.kdz'. No clockwork, but when I flashed 2.5.1.8 suddenly had it working! The phone's button combo's are the same as the tutorials now, there must be something different this rom, none of the others changed the buttons. Fastboot is different too, like in this tutorial the screen just goes blank, before I had 'Fastboot' on the screen and used different buttons.

Anyway, I suggest to anyone with the same problems as me to use the 'Clockwork recovery rom.kdz' instead of the '2.1 Fastboot.kdz' in this tutorial.

Pretty happy now! :P

Guest 12272655

hi bro

i got waiting for device pls help me!

Hi,

I am new to modaco but i have come to the rescue for upgraders of the gt540.

this includes:

preparing your pc

preparing your phone

installing your rom

download links

Extra

for those who want more

Black quarx rom download + intructions

clockwork recovery

black rom kernel update and overclocking

when updating you will lose apn settings and all data stored on the phones memory. items on the sd card will not be lost.

UPGRADE

1.backup anything on the phone itself

2.download the updater package and extract to your desktop

3.run LG Driver.exe and install

4.on phone go to settings>applications>development and tick usb debugging

5.right click on windows enabler.exe and click run as administrator

5.do the same for KDZ_FW_UPD.exe

6.at the bottom right of your pc screen click on the windows enabler icon so it will say "on"

7.on the KDZ click the dropdown box at the top and it will enable, then click again and select 3GQCT

8.leave the next one. click the browse button to enable then click the folder icon next to it and find your .kdz file

9.plug in your phone but dont mount sd card

10.click the button under browse to start installing.i suggest that you close all other windows except this and stop any antivirus scans that slow your pc down

11.wait until your phone restarts completely and the lock screen comes up, now you can unplug your phone.

links:

updater package ht*p://www.mediafire.com/?sdy95t16nex2yeo

2.1 original rom ht*p://www.mediafire.com/?y7q20212djy40ap

[change * to t]

That was for android 2.1 with fastboot, if you just want the upgrade to 2.1 then your done.

If not, the next step is to get clockwork recovery

Clockwork Recovery v 2.5.0.5

1.repeat steps 5-11 of UPGRADE with Clockwork recovery rom.kdz file

2.once the Clockwork recovery rom.kdz file has been installed switch off your phone

3.download android sdk off android developers website and extract into your C drive

4.then right-click on My Computer, and select Properties. Under the Advanced tab, hit the Environment Variables button, and in the dialog that comes up, double-click on Path (in System Variables box). Add C:\<androidsdk>\tools\; directory to the path.

5.get your phone and if its on turn it off. hold power button and camera button until the lg logo goes and screen is black

6.plug your phone into your pc while its on the black screen and open cmd

7.download recovery.img and place in C drive

8.in cmd type: fastboot.exe flash recovery C:\recovery.img then press enter. it should say OKAY twice. reply if there is a problem

9.unplug and take out battery then place it back in

links:

Clockwork recovery rom ht*p://www.mediafire.com/?4r5n1cj5v49151p

recover.img ht*p://www.mediafire.com/?zak0q95fgemo8mp

[change * to t]

if you want to have clockwork with original 2.1 rom then repeat steps 5-11 from UPGRADE with the first .kdz file

if you want the black quarx 2.1 then carry on reading.

Black Quarx ROM

1.get your phone and if its on turn it off. hold power button and camera button until the lg logo goes and screen is black

2.download black system.7z and extract to your desktop

3.and run flash.cmd as administrator then plug in your phone whilst its screen is black.

4.it should start executing commands.if it still says "waiting for device" then post a reply.

5.the phone will automatically reboot when finished. it may take long to reboot but its not like that normally, its just got a lot to load.

links:

ht*p://rghost.net/2898235

[change * to t]

how to use clockworks recovery

when phone is off, press and hold power and home button to switch on in clockworks recovery mode.

to scroll up or down use volume buttons.

to select press call button.

to cancel or go back press end call button.

for help just post a reply

maybe a youtube video soon!

Guest 12272655
Hi,

this includes:

preparing your pc

preparing your phone

installing your rom

download links

Extra

for those who want more

clockwork recovery

when updating you will lose apn settings and all data stored on the phones memory. items on the sd card will not be lost.

UPGRADE

6.at the bottom right of your pc screen click on the windows enabler icon so it will say "on"

7.on the KDZ click the dropdown box at the top and it will enable, then click again and select 3GQCT

8.leave the next one. click the browse button to enable then click the folder icon next to it and find your .kdz file

10.click the button under browse to start installing.i suggest that you close all other windows except this and stop any antivirus scans that slow your pc down

11.wait until your phone restarts completely and the lock screen comes up, now you can unplug your phone.

links:

[change * to t]

That was for android 2.1 with fastboot, if you just want the upgrade to 2.1 then your done.

2.once the Clockwork recovery rom.kdz file has been installed switch off your phone

3.download android sdk off android developers website and extract into your C drive

4.then right-click on My Computer, and select Properties. Under the Advanced tab, hit the Environment Variables button, and in the dialog that comes up, double-click on Path (in System Variables box). Add C:\<androidsdk>\tools\; directory to the path.

8.in cmd type: fastboot.exe flash recovery C:\recovery.img then press enter. it should say OKAY twice. reply if there is a problem

links:

[change * to t]

if you want to have clockwork with original 2.1 rom then repeat steps 5-11 from UPGRADE with the first .kdz file

Black Quarx ROM

1.get your phone and if its on turn it off. hold power button and camera button until the lg logo goes and screen is black

3.and run flash.cmd as administrator then plug in your phone whilst its screen is black.

4.it should start executing commands.if it still says "waiting for device" then post a reply.

5.the phone will automatically reboot when finished. it may take long to reboot but its not like that normally, its just got a lot to load.

links:

[change * to t]

when phone is off, press and hold power and home button to switch on in clockworks recovery mode.

hi

i got waitting for device, pls help me?

Guest 12272655

hi

i got waiting device,pls help....

Hi,

this includes:

preparing your pc

preparing your phone

installing your rom

download links

Extra

for those who want more

clockwork recovery

UPGRADE

links:

[change * to t]

links:

[change * to t]

Black Quarx ROM

links:

[change * to t]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChriisM

Can i install Black Quarx ROM without having clockwork? Or do i have to install both.? I have the baltic rom 2.1 on my gt540 , and when i press camera and power button nothing happens, the phone continues onto the pin entree.

Guest ChriisM
You must set the cmd directory to the destination of fastboot.exe. Click
for a tutorial.

Did everything in that vid , still didnt work

post-787969-1299702763_thumb.png

Guest THERAGE

Hi im new to this phone modding lark! but have managed to follow instructions for loading black quarx rom, my question is How long does quarx take to boot up after install? left it for around 3 hours yesterday with still no boot up! Tried again this morning and its now been stuck at lg screen for an hour now. Any help would be appreciated. :D

• 3 months later...
Guest sramotylf

Hi there,

I have followed the instruction for android 2.1 with fastboot but the phone was collapsing - that is after doing it I had everything doing force shutdown including setup so I couldn't use it , I managed to flush it back to it's original v20c Australia but it seems these instructions just don't work for me.

I should mention that this is the second time I've done this and the first time I just breaked my phone! (Just got another second hand to play with).

Any suggestion why it's not working for me?

Guest Ernoke
Hi there,

I have followed the instruction for android 2.1 with fastboot but the phone was collapsing - that is after doing it I had everything doing force shutdown including setup so I couldn't use it , I managed to flush it back to it's original v20c Australia but it seems these instructions just don't work for me.

I should mention that this is the second time I've done this and the first time I just breaked my phone! (Just got another second hand to play with).

Any suggestion why it's not working for me?

you probably have some dalvik cache files from the previous rom causing the force closes. always do fastboot -w or factory reset unless you know what you are doing.

Guest sramotylf
you probably have some dalvik cache files from the previous rom causing the force closes. always do fastboot -w or factory reset unless you know what you are doing.

I have done factory reset before hand, Don't have fastboot the this first stage should have given it to me but it with a proper 2.1 but that's didn't happen

and this has happened to me with two different phones.