(ROM) htc sense look alike 2.2 on blade rom r2

Guest Matty-p

Guest x.balli.x
Its a pinned topic in the forum.

what you mean? i think he is asking about the DL for rom not for HTC IME, and i can't see the link too...am I blind>

Edited by x.balli.x

ok so have compiled a sense ui look a like/themed rom based on 2.2 with .32 kernal (from chinese dump) it is alpha and some features are missing to make it a propper sense ui themed rom see release map below.the rom is based on a mix between g formums and fibblesans rom. it includes all of the apps that fibble included (and apps ive added and deleted stock launcher) why? because fibble is a long time poster and probably knows best what apps people want installed! i will do a lite release with only stock apps (plus my apps for the ui mod) it'll be a bit faster and around 70-75 mb

the features i will work on next week for a release wed/thurs sat at latest that are very close to working are the following

htc ime keyboard,

live wallpapers that don't fc alot of the time currently only worked 1 in 10 times for me !

sense ui/htc boot screen - easy to implement just forgot to before compiling and didn't have time to do that and upload it tonight as i wouldn't be able to get it to you until Mon otherwise as im away.so that's guaranteed!

longer term things (like a month or so) are:

flash lite! already got it working on my 2.1 build so a little work and we should see it here

htc lock screen

guide on how to install

1.make sure you have installed clockwork.

2.download rom

3.turn on phone volume down held down

4.install .zip

5.hit menu>preferences>appearance>dock background>custom>now select sense ui picture from /sense

6.for the buttons over the sense ui app draw hold down on them to change them i changed middle to dialer left to prev home screen right to next home screen but change em to whatevr you want now change icon >coustom /sense > see though icon (should look black)

7.hold down on sense draw > swipe gesture> open app draw like on the real thing.

7.hold down on screen >widgets>fancy widget.

7.hold down on screen >wallpaper>now either live wallpaper but it fc's all the time or normal wall paper (suggested)

download and release history

quick and dirty r1 alpha before i go away download here

screenshots

as below/attached - this is without live wallpaper so not at full glory!

need help or want to ask any Q's just say below !!

credit

gforums and fibble for rom basis / app selection - but that was only thanks to steve and that only thanks to the dude with a friend in china. so them too

fibble for sense app draw and see though icon

also rem1x (i modified your framework) and any others

edit have spent some time this morning before school on it and have manger to get the HTC sense IME keyboard onto this 2.2 Rom and the same file should work on any other blade British Rom ask if anyone wants em

Matty-P.........download link please?????????

Guest Matty-p
That dock needs some antialiasing, or a higher res as you can see the aliasing on it. How did you make the dock where the screen position thing goes over the dock instead of below it?

don't worry it's just the screen shots the were taken wuickly prpberbly not on best setting and using the first app i found in the market the actual dosck is 480*32 i think

don't worry it's just the screen shots the were taken wuickly prpberbly not on best setting and using the first app i found in the market the actual dosck is 480*32 i think

Matty-p when will the rom be ready for download???

Guest Matty-p
i like the screenshots but does it really require a new rom to change the theme?

cant u just make a theme that can be used on a 2.1 rom or a 2.2 rom? that would be much easier than having to produce an extra version of every rom with a specific theme on it!

Firstly let me apologise i haven't been able to get back to anybody as i have been away since friday afternoon and litterally only just got back.i have been having majior problems with my upload i have tried 5 diferent methods and none worked 1 becasue rapidshare was broken, and the rest beacause of my bad internet conection.as i posted my very original post i was at 98% uploaded and planed on editing my op a few secs after with the link but it failed as did teh next and i tried tiresly to get it up before i went away but it just didn't happen you have no idea how mmuch time i wasted and how much i got fustrated. however now i am back i shall jump back onto the thred i have started anouther upload so fingers crossed! currently at 50%.

now to answer your question well yes and no. i made this rom beacause it is based on the latest and greatest 2.2 a mix of flb and gformums.It imo is the best rom so i see no reason why you wouldn't have 2.2.the reason i couln't really do a .zip update is that it would have to be completely differnet for 2.1 and 2.2 and in a months time 2.3 so it would take twice or three times as long to do an update and if i test on say moddaco rom there no garentee it will work on anouther 2.1 rom although it should and i would have to flash my phone between 2.2 and 2.1 all the time as i only have one device . but i can make an update script as well but it might take longer thats all. will make one for 2.2 and prob 2.1 next week.

thanks and sorry

matty-p

Guest Matty-p
How did you get the HTC Sense lockscreen working? I really miss it - any pointers?

no not yet working on flash lite and outher stuff liem update .zips next week but maybe we will see when i have time to maybe !

Thanks for the update Matty-P..much appreciated.

I'm not that techy but what do you mean that you havent made a .zip? I'm currently running FLB rom using Clockworld recovery, will I be able to use your new ROM and will you include step by step instrucitons please?

Finally, one request, are you able to integrate super circle battery indicator into your rom to replace the stock battery indicator...would be very useful and also look nicer just to have one indicator?

Thanks, Ash

Guest Matty-p
Thanks for the update Matty-P..much appreciated.

I'm not that techy but what do you mean that you havent made a .zip? I'm currently running FLB rom using Clockworld recovery, will I be able to use your new ROM and will you include step by step instrucitons please?

Finally, one request, are you able to integrate super circle battery indicator into your rom to replace the stock battery indicator...would be very useful and also look nicer just to have one indicator?

Thanks, Ash

your welcome and sorry

don't worry a rom comes in a .zip form and you simply fash it the same way you did flb's now when i was refering to a .zip i ment a update .zip now this means that you dont have to reflash the rom (less time spent flashing and downloading and outher benifits) basically dont worry the roms been done and finished since thursday. theses a step by step in the original post do you need me to make it more detailed??

maybe- ill look into it

thanks

matt

Edited by Matty-p

Guest Matty-p
love to try the htc keyboard out on 2.2 if you got a link...?

btw how did you get it to work out fo interest?

as attached ! is just the 2.1 version by the guy at xda ported to 2.2 for the blade nothing special again main credit to him youll need both .apk's if you need help installing ask i take it you know. but if not it's really easy don't worry.

Sense_keyboard_for_2.2.zip

Cant access sense ui picture from /sense (takes me to the gallery folder and there's no other option to go to root folder from there!):

5.hit menu>preferences>appearance>dock background>custom>now select sense ui picture from /sense

Guest gambieter

Matty, can you give the information of which files are required for this? I would like to keep on using my Froyo install which is already customised rather than putting on a new ROM.

Thanks, much appreciated B)

Guest Matty-p
Matty, can you give the information of which files are required for this? I would like to keep on using my Froyo install which is already customised rather than putting on a new ROM.

Thanks, much appreciated B)

Firstly the whole of /sense then in system /apps you'll need fancy widget and launcher 2 (a renamed launcher pro) now you will also need framework res from system - framework oviosly they all need to be copyed to the coolroplsponing places replacing existing files

Guest Matty-p
Cant access sense ui picture from /sense (takes me to the gallery folder and there's no other option to go to root folder from there!):

Really strange shows up in galley me but try copying sense to your sd

Guest ptdborth
I installed it on top of FLB rom and don't see any \sense folders! Any ideas?

extract the sense folder from the rom zip file, it doesn't extract when you install it. Paul

extract the sense folder from the rom zip file, it doesn't extract when you install it. Paul

Hi, done that but it seems like its super imposed the sense dock over the launcher pro one?