• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The developer challenge!

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's fair to say that anyone who has purchased one of these tablets is probably in love with the quality - especially when considering the pricepoint! This tablet IMO is the gadget bargain of 2010.

The challenge is thrown down to the developers - who can be the first to create a fast clean ROM for this baby?

Who, if it is even possible, would be able to port Flash or Flashlight to this marvel machine?

Can anyone point me in the direction of some great noob guides for cooking ROMs - I used to program and have a fiar understanding of how the OS works and would love to get my hands dirty again but would definitely need help.

I for one, would be willing to contribute cash for this cause, join in if you feel the same...

Posted · Report post

Now that Paul has started working with this fantastic Device, I thought it would be nice to see a show of support.

I for one have signed up as an Ad-Free member, which is also a bargain and would urge anyone usnig one of these devices to do the same.

I hope the hard work put in by Paul pays off for everyone who has subscribed and will be reading the hackday posts with some serious enthusiasm.

Here's hoping the Commtiva/Viewpad/Droidpad goes from strength the strength with the developers expertise. :-)

Posted · Report post

Yep me too.

A version of flash would be very useful but I understand the limitation is the N700's processor.

Got my ROM cooked just trying to figure out how to use clockworkmod. Anybody know of a beginners guide?

Posted · Report post

Yep me too.

A version of flash would be very useful but I understand the limitation is the N700's processor.

Got my ROM cooked just trying to figure out how to use clockworkmod. Anybody know of a beginners guide?

What I did was follow the rooting guide at XDA-Developers.

Once clockword mod was installed, I pushed the cooked ROM to the SD card and used clockword mod to write the ROM to the system. Only problem was the clockwork mod recovery does not seem to register the key controls correctly and it was a bit fiddly. Does anyone know of a better way?

Not sure if this is the correct procedure but everything seems to be working perfectly (and smoother).