[ROM] [eclair] Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 [2010-11-26]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest csendlor
Try the original_kernel addon. It restores the original kernel from the Hungarian release. That will likely fix your problems.

Thanks, I'll give it a try some time later, I've already restored my well-working previous rom.

Guest randal24

A2SD isn't working for me, even with the fix. B) I've formatted ext3, installed the update but it's still not working. Getting the "SD Card already mounted" message on start up. Any ideas what I could check?

Thanks

Edited by randal24

Guest Afrodude
A2SD isn't working for me, even with the fix. B) I've formatted ext3, installed the update but it's still not working. Getting the "SD Card already mounted" message on start up. Any ideas what I could check?

Thanks

Thats not a major issue in its self. (although it would be cool if kallt_kaffe could disable this notification at startup).

Open up terminal and type the following:

su

a2sd check

Should tell you if its running or not.

Edited by Afrodude

Guest randal24

Afrodude - legend. I just ran the command above, then ran a "a2sd reinstall" and rebooted. Still get the message, but it works now. Thank you very much mate. B)

Guest Afrodude

Good to hear that its fixed.

I zipaligned all my applications aswell and now my memory usage is about half of what it was using the MCR4. ("a2sd align"). It makes the phone seem slightly more responsive aswell. Some apps apparently might crash... but all of mine seem fine.

Edit:

Forgot to say, but you'll need to unzip and push the attached file to /system/bin/

zipalign.zip

Edited by Afrodude

Guest randal24

Didn't get as lucky as I thought, ended up having further problems with apps installed on the SD. They were displaying as default icon stubs that crashed as soon as they were launched, bummer. I've given up with HH for the moment, and in a random (bottle of wine and a few beers) moment I've stuck Flib's 2.2 Beta on for a giggle. B)

Guest superkryo
RLS1b in first post. Only small fixes and adjustments.

Thanks for the quick update. Have noticed any significant differences between the French and Hungarian Roms. Does the loss of 3D performance in the overclocked rom happens only in this one?

Nagyszerű, hogy ránk, magyarokra is gondoltak! B)

Sajnos nekem még nincs ZTE Blade telefonom, de remélem jövő hónap elején én is meg fogom tudni venni!

Ez már a módosított, javított főzött ROM, ez már rendesen működik?

Elnézést a buta kérdésért, de még sosem volt Android telefonom!

Amúgy az miért jó, hogy módosított ROM használunk?

Az eredeti rendszerre is fel lehet telepíteni a warez oldalakról szervált programokat, játékokat( amik egyébként fizetősek lennének) , vagy nem?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thanks for the quick update. Have noticed any significant differences between the French and Hungarian Roms. Does the loss of 3D performance in the overclocked rom happens only in this one?

I'm pretty sure the overclocking issue is the same for every ROM. IMHO the Hungarian ROM is better than the previous ROMs. It uses a newer Android build and I had som apps that refused to work on the Orange and the french ROM that works fine on this one.

Guest kallt_kaffe
How to enable pinch zoom in browser?

It works out-of-the-box in RLS1b but it stops working if you use the custom kernel because ZTE didn't release the same source code as the one they really used.

It works out-of-the-box in RLS1b but it stops working if you use the custom kernel because ZTE didn't release the same source code as the one they really used.

I use the original kernel (only applied the hw acc. addon).

Guest kallt_kaffe
Nagyszerű, hogy ránk, magyarokra is gondoltak! B)

Sajnos nekem még nincs ZTE Blade telefonom, de remélem jövő hónap elején én is meg fogom tudni venni!

Ez már a módosított, javított főzött ROM, ez már rendesen működik?

Elnézést a buta kérdésért, de még sosem volt Android telefonom!

Amúgy az miért jó, hogy módosított ROM használunk?

Az eredeti rendszerre is fel lehet telepíteni a warez oldalakról szervált programokat, játékokat( amik egyébként fizetősek lennének) , vagy nem?

Chansen att du får några vettiga svar på dina frågar kommer att öka markant om du väljer att skriva dem på engelska. Det finns många fördelar med en "custom" ROM men det är upp till var och en att avgöra om man har behov av det eller om man tycker att det räcker med den ROM som finns förinstallerad på telefonen när man köper den.

Then pinch zoom should work in the stock browser app. Did you install RLS1 or RLS1b?

RLS1b. I deleted some apps, applied hardware acceleration addon. It doesnt work on BladeVillain's rom either. I own a "hungarian" Blade.

Guest Afrodude
RLS1b. I deleted some apps, applied hardware acceleration addon. It doesnt work on BladeVillain's rom either. I own a "hungarian" Blade.

Does Pinch to Zoom work on the default ROM?

Does Pinch to Zoom work on the default ROM?

Yes, it does. I have been told that it works with DolpinBrowser (couldn't try it yet, currently can't download through market).

Guest kallt_kaffe
Try flashing the boot.img file from the Hungarian ROM dump. It could be a slightly different kernel that is used.

RLS1b uses that kernel. But keep in mind that with the default browser not all pages zoom. www.google.com does not zoom since it uses a "mobile" version but on android.modaco.com zoom should work with the stock kernel. The startpage for the stock Hungarian ROM does work with zoom but in my ROM I replaced the starting page with google and it doesn't work on google. Try a different page and it propably work.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest superkryo
I'm pretty sure the overclocking issue is the same for every ROM. IMHO the Hungarian ROM is better than the previous ROMs. It uses a newer Android build and I had som apps that refused to work on the Orange and the french ROM that works fine on this one.

Sounds like time to have a go with this one. btw have you set ro.secure to 0 in RLS1b.