worcester4x4

Android comes to the home phone!

13 posts in this topic

http://bit.ly/cA6FTu

Running 1.6.

If it was 2.1 I'd definitely buy one, but not on 1.6.

To be fair you're still getting an android handset! If I had the money I sure would, I don't use my home phone for things other than calling people. It'd be nice to have an internet browser, app marketplace, texting, etc. in mine!

B) :)

Edited by Colibri

To be fair you're still getting an android handset! If I had the money I sure would, I don't use my home phone for things other than calling people. It'd be nice to have an internet browser, app marketplace, texting, etc. in mine!

:P :D

I want one!

I never use my land line tho, so cant warranty spending £99 on one. But if I could, this would def be the one i went for! Maybe when they come down in price XD

I want one!

I never use my land line tho, so cant warranty spending £99 on one. But if I could, this would def be the one i went for! Maybe when they come down in price XD

Exactly likewise.

The only reason I have a landline at all is to get broadband.

I can't see it for sale anywhere yet two sellers on ebay seem to have got their hands on one...hmmmmm....dodgy? And they are £150+! I have emailed binatone, I'll report back when I get a reply!

Argos are selling out for £99.99! They call it the iDect iHome Phone :P

Ok, ive decided to get one for christmas :P what are the chances of rooting this device? I will try the auto rooting apps out there.

They say you can acces the internet on it but not the market.

I guess you could use the internet to d/l .apk's onto the device. But then how to run them?

The main thing would be to get astro file manager working, then we can browse the file system of the device.

This is also known as the Motorola HS1001 in north america...

Edited by vinokirk

Alas I got the Live View instead. Ill wait till this comes down in price a little :(

Alas I got the Live View instead. Ill wait till this comes down in price a little :D

So anyone get one of these? I got a Liveview instead....boy I wish i got an idect ihome instead :D