Toshiba Folio, rooted and market working!!

Guest kav

one dev at xda gave a lot of attention to the folio and he is trying to make it better and he just made his first release.

he fixed opengles 2.2 and had gapps working.

and for the brave ones, look for dexter_nlb's foliomodv0.1 over at xda

leave ur impressions after using the roms and donate to the guy if u find his work fruitful.

Edited by kav

Guest fonetastic
one dev at xda gave a lot of attention to the folio and he is trying to make it better and he just made his first release.

leave ur impressions after using the roms and donate to the guy if u find his work fruitful.

Have you tried it out?

i have not yet tried it myself. i am a total noob when it comes to android/linux. but many people are reporting it working "perfect" at xda.

here is the link to those interested.

Foliomodv0.1

dont know if my post will be moderated due to the link. i hope not B)

Edited by kav

Yes, it works. OGLES2.o, and seemingly full market access. It has the stock android launcher, which seems to prefer landscape only...

There are some minor issues, like internal/SD being swapped, and USB storage doesn't seem to auto-mount, but with the recovery process sorted eveything else should be simple. None of the toshiba apps are included (so flash is not visible, but can be loaded)

:-) its really a cool mod!

Dont't worry, be happy! Dexter is here :-) Toshiba may sux, but i rock and we can make this motherf... really really rock!

Guest Wolferstan
:-) its really a cool mod!

Dont't worry, be happy! Dexter is here :-) Toshiba may sux, but i rock and we can make this motherf... really really rock!

Anyone know how long the Malata splash-screen hangs/cycles there for? It's been going for about 10 minutes so far.

Getting a bit worried. B)

Anyone know how long the Malata splash-screen hangs/cycles there for? It's been going for about 10 minutes so far.

Getting a bit worried. B)

Only as long as a normal boot. Maybe a little longer first time, but I don't think so.

Guest Wolferstan
Only as long as a normal boot. Maybe a little longer first time, but I don't think so.

Thanks. It's OK. I just needed to do a factory reset, and it worked.

B)

A little note to the users here of Folio100

Im releasing a much better edition tomorrow.

improved usb storage + usbstick support (toshiba native)

original Nvidia 1105 framework + apps (all android stock based now)

more stable and faster.

multiple languages supported now. (15+ countries)

watch out for it..

Edited by dext3r

• 2 months later...

Getting a bit worried. :D

Hi Newbie,

I also got a Folio 100, like you, and I would like to get those famous roms to be able to improve my tablet and above all to get the Android Market Application.

How may I get them, and which are the links for doing it?.

All help will be welcome.

Many thanks,

Alex54

A little note to the users here of Folio100

Im releasing a much better edition tomorrow.

improved usb storage + usbstick support (toshiba native)

original Nvidia 1105 framework + apps (all android stock based now)

more stable and faster.

multiple languages supported now. (15+ countries)

watch out for it..

Hi Dext3r,

I am a Folio 100 user and see you here very active concerning its improvements. May you tell me please where may I get the famous roms for improving the Folio 100?. In my case, above all, it is crucial to get the Android Market Application, cause as you know, it is not included in the tablet.

Thanks in advance.

Alex54

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Dext3r,

I am a Folio 100 user and see you here very active concerning its improvements. May you tell me please where may I get the famous roms for improving the Folio 100?. In my case, above all, it is crucial to get the Android Market Application, cause as you know, it is not included in the tablet.

Thanks in advance.

Alex54

Start by googling 'folio rom' maybe?